Stretch marks

I've got them pretty badly on my sides (waist area) and a few more on my arms and the back of my legs and the usual ones on my hips and boobs from puberty that aren't too bad. The ones on my sides bother me even though they've faded as theres loads of them and they're pretty thick and long so still visable. I think even when I've lost my weight I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing a binkni because of it.

I have some from excessive weight gain during my first pregnancy. I gained far too much weight and on my legs which are usually slim, so I have stretch marks on my thighs and bum, and on 'the handles'. I have a wrinkly bit of belly but this is barely noticeable when i'm slimmed down, you can see it at the moment but I know it will go when the belly goes. I got off lightly really!

Ugh my tummy is NEVER coming out in daylight even if I was a twiglet with beautiful toned everything!!!!

Luckily I'm getting to old now to flash that much flesh an the OH has never seemed to mind what I look like!!! But it is very frustrating! I have a LOT of deep thick ones on my lower tummy up to my belly button and they were from my pregnancies before I even got fat!!!

So I'd havecthem even if I'd never gained all the weight! I find they react differently to my other bits of skin and get blooming itchy after swimming tanning or sweating it out in the gym. I hate the little *******!

Oh an tanning didn't work! They looked even worse lol

I have them on my stomach from weight gain in my late teens. They've faded but are still visible, I look like I've had children even though I haven't :(. I have them on my hips from puberty but they don't really bother me.

I'm sure it's my genetic un-stretchy skin. I watch programmes like The Biggest Loser and there are people on there who are 60lbs heavier than me without a stretch mark in sight, damn them! :D

I've got stretch marks from when I had my son, mostly on my thighs, they don't bother me that much, I don't think I've ever worn a bikini though.

Legomom said:
Ugh my tummy is NEVER coming out in daylight even if I was a twiglet with beautiful toned everything!!!!

Luckily I'm getting to old now to flash that much flesh an the OH has never seemed to mind what I look like!!! But it is very frustrating! I have a LOT of deep thick ones on my lower tummy up to my belly button and they were from my pregnancies before I even got fat!!!

So I'd havecthem even if I'd never gained all the weight! I find they react differently to my other bits of skin and get blooming itchy after swimming tanning or sweating it out in the gym. I hate the little *******!

Oh an tanning didn't work! They looked even worse lol

Mine are thick too.. But I'm sweet talking my doc and has referred me for a tummy tuck... Fingers crossed the hospital say yes x

^^ sigourney i considered looking at this but TBF im quite lucky in that they dont upset more just annoy me :) maybe when i finally get thinnish that will change tho lol

Lol... I dont really have them anywhere else... Well a few but so tiny I dont care... Yeah my doc can see I'm working hard but even he said no amount of exercise is going to tone the skin up on my lower tummy.. so put me forward but they only ever agree to about 30% of referrals so I'm not hopeful really .. But hey you never know x

I think stretch marks have a lot to do with genetics. I never was overweight, even though I'm a yo yo.
Most of my stretch marks started showing up around 11 years old with growing. I was very thin at the time, but I grew quickly and I got some stretch marks on my boobs, back of the knees and love handles and hips (you see, the places we grow quicker during teenage years). I still have some light tiny marks on others parts of the body, such as ams and legs (but you can barelly see them). Obviously the fact that I gain and lose the same 5 pounds all the time doesn't help it weither, lol.

Tanning doesn't work, it makes marks even more noticeable...

Wich seems to work for me is to put vitamin E moisturizing lotion after the shower. As the time goes on the less evident marks tend to fade way; the others are still here but they aren't as noticeable and they were once.

xx

I have them on my stomach from my pregnancy. I cover them up. Noone ever sees them not even my fiancé. When in bed I wear a vest so he can't see them. I hate them.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Aline said:
I think stretch marks have a lot to do with genetics. I never was overweight, even though I'm a yo yo.
Most of my stretch marks started showing up around 11 years old with growing. I was very thin at the time, but I grew quickly and I got some stretch marks on my boobs, back of the knees and love handles and hips (you see, the places we grow quicker during teenage years). I still have some light tiny marks on others parts of the body, such as ams and legs (but you can barelly see them). Obviously the fact that I gain and lose the same 5 pounds all the time doesn't help it weither, lol.

Tanning doesn't work, it makes marks even more noticeable...

Wich seems to work for me is to put vitamin E moisturizing lotion after the shower. As the time goes on the less evident marks tend to fade way; the others are still here but they aren't as noticeable and they were once.

xx

Nice tip... What make do you use x

I have them on my stomach from my pregnancy. I cover them up. Noone ever sees them not even my fiancé. When in bed I wear a vest so he can't see them. I hate them.

Oh Stephielou, I wish I could hug you right now :hug99:

I don't struggle with body shame currently because my boyfriend is very supportive and I already showed him all my strach marks and he kissed them. Since then I feel very good with him.

However, I once had an EX-boyfriend that used to compare me to supermodels saying stuff like "look at het flat belly, yours should be like hers" and used to make me feel bad about my body imperfections. That would translate into poor intimacy, He would complain about the lack of sex all the time but he didn't help me to feel better either. He used to grab my love handles and call me meaty...

I don't know if you had past experiences like mine but let me tell you one thing. If you don't show you the way you are to your husband you'll never allow yourself to feel better in your skin either. I feel much better with my stretch marks after I had shown them to my current boyfriend (not the previous idiot). Also, it'll led your relatationship to another level: a level of total trust and you'll discover that love is a lot stronger than some annoying stretch marks.

xx

Nice tip... What make do you use x

I use Dr. Organic brand. It's a vegan brand, total organic without GMO's ;)

I switch between vingir olive products and vitamin E products:
Organic Virgin Olive Oil - Dr Organic Skincare Products

Organic Pomegranate - Dr Organic Skincare Products

I use the lotions, but i believe that body butters may have an best result.

xx

Aline said:
Oh Stephielou, I wish I could hug you right now :hug99:

I don't struggle with body shame currently because my boyfriend is very supportive and I already showed him all my strach marks and he kissed them. Since then I feel very good with him.

However, I once had an EX-boyfriend that used to compare me to supermodels saying stuff like "look at het flat belly, yours should be like hers" and used to make me feel bad about my body imperfections. That would translate into poor intimacy, He would complain about the lack of sex all the time but he didn't help me to feel better either. He used to grab my love handles and call me meaty...

I don't know if you had past experiences like mine but let me tell you one thing. If you don't show you the way you are to your husband you'll never allow yourself to feel better in your skin either. I feel much better with my stretch marks after I had shown them to my current boyfriend (not the previous idiot). Also, it'll led your relatationship to another level: a level of total trust and you'll discover that love is a lot stronger than some annoying stretch marks.

xx

I use Dr. Organic brand. It's a vegan brand, total organic without GMO's ;)

I switch between vingir olive products and vitamin E products:
Organic Virgin Olive Oil - Dr Organic Skincare Products

Organic Pomegranate - Dr Organic Skincare Products

I use the lotions, but i believe that body butters may have an best result.

xx

Don't get me wrong he is so supportive and he knows they are from having our baby. When I was pregnant he used to rub cream on them for me but now the baby is out and it's all flabby I don't let him see it that often. I go in our hot tub in a bra & his shorts and he tells me I look beautiful it's just me being very self conscious :-(

I've got so many - backs of my legs, hips, and two massive ones on my stomach, so much so that i was ill a few weeks back so I had to go to a random doctor when I was on holiday. She asked if i had had my appendix out/cesarean....>.<

serya said:
I've got so many - backs of my legs, hips, and two massive ones on my stomach, so much so that i was ill a few weeks back so I had to go to a random doctor when I was on holiday. She asked if i had had my appendix out/cesarean....>.<

You're not alone I've got them on my stomach, thighs, hips, bum, backs of legs down to my calves.

But on the plus I'm alive and healthy so i guess i should stop whingeing about them!

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong he is so supportive and he knows they are from having our baby. When I was pregnant he used to rub cream on them for me but now the baby is out and it's all flabby I don't let him see it that often. I go in our hot tub in a bra & his shorts and he tells me I look beautiful it's just me being very self conscious :-(

Hope you'll love yourself the same way your husband loves you: unconditionally. Easier said than done, I know...
xx

Thanks .... Roughly how much are they and where do I get them ? X

I buy my lotions and beauty prosucts from an health store that has tons of vegan and organic beaty products. The prices varies from country to country.

xx

Back