stretch marks :(

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by GiaHoliday, 12 November 2008 Social URL.

1. GiaHoliday

GiaHoliday Member

Does anyone know any good ways to deal with them after losing weight?? Will they become less noticeable as I lose more weight?:confused::sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Invest in some Bio Oil and use as directed. It's brilliant stuff. Expensive, but so worth it!

4. GiaHoliday

GiaHoliday Member

I have been using Bio Oil for months now and see no improvement

5. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just any body cream will help. As you massage the stretch marks, you help blood flow. Unfortunately stretch marks dont disappear, but they do fade.
    I am never going to be a bikini babe, an emergency c-section and a gastric band has seen to that, but I do use a body cream to help. Get OH to do it for you if you have one and turn it into a massage!!!
    Take care

Kerry-Ann
    xx

6. jan87

jan87 Full Member

Diet:
    healthy lifestyle
    they dont go BUT they do fade. i find a good firming cream helps also. as you lose the weight make sure you look after your skin. i find garnier firming lotion good although i generally use a good moisturiser like coco butter as well because my skin is dry at the best of times and sometimes the garnier can dry it out. just keep looking after your skin and slowly they will fade. sometime if i neglect my skin for a few weeks they can appear quite red so dont worry, theyll go down. x

7. missjelly

missjelly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(20%)
    Diet:
    Heathystuff + gastric band!
    Bio oil is fab!! So is anything garnier imo :p

I don't rub the bio oil on though, as I find it way to greasy and doesn't soak in fast enough for me. Best idea is to put it in the bath - it gets all over then and soaks in more as your skin is all 'open' anyway :)

I had/have icky scars/marks on my upper arms..and when I use the oil in the bath..the marks don't go but they aren't red anymore...

Worth a try right, as I'm guessing you already have a bottle :)

8. radicore

radicore Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(22.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Coco butter is what worked for me. It took a while to become noticable, but once it did it really made a difference.

9. missjelly

missjelly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(20%)
    Diet:
    There's a Palmers one which is supposed to be great!
    And yea, it takes what seems forever for it to take any effect, but have you noticed that the minute you stop using something, they ping right back in what feels like nano-seconds?? o_O

10. Lostris

Lostris Serena's title didn't fit

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    100.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    10.7kg(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I got stretchmarks basically everywhere. I read on a Dutch health website that most creams are no good because they do not penetrate the upper skin layer. Aloë vera, emu oil and some other things do penetrate the skinlayers and have collagen, vit. E and stuff in it.

I think it's important to keep it smooth and raise the elasticity.. they won't ever go away... they'll just get lighter. But hey, lighter is okay :)

Try whichever product works for you, some work for certain people and not for you which is okay. I've tried a lot and so far only an aloë vera / alge-sea minerals body scrub works to really make them fade faster.

Good luck,

xx

11. radicore

radicore Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(22.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Not for me... but then, I'm pretty young, so that probably makes a difference.

12. missjelly

missjelly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(20%)
    Diet:
    Ahh I'm young too! *sob* It's more marks on my arms that appear instantly when I don't put nice things on them! :)

13. radicore

radicore Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(22.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    ^How young? x) I'm fifteen.

I don't have any on my arms. It's mostly my stomach/thighs.

14. missjelly

missjelly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(20%)
    Diet:
    Haha...18 :p I dunno how they happened but I have weird scars on my arms...and they always go away when I use nice things though :)

15. radicore

radicore Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(22.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    ^I have weird bump/marks on my arms, which a lot of teenagers seem to have. Apparently if your skin is really dry, or if you scratch them or something, it can scar.

16. princessria

princessria is a pirate arrrgggghhhh

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(2.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    bio oil is good but onece the skin is stretches you always have the marks but time tends to heal the colour and bring back some of the elasticity, i had horrible ones when i got boobs when i was younger i still have the little silver slivers but there barely noticeable i'm hoping the ones on my belly will fade too

17. Forever Starting Over

Forever Starting Over always!!

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.92%)
    Diet:
    can't stick to just one!
    i scar everywhere and had the bright red stretch marks - the best thing for me is palmers cocoa butter for stretch marks - they have a concentrated on in tbe. No longer bright red and a lot lighter, but i scar for life. but ensure that you moisturise EVERYWHERE as you lose weight as since using this principle no new ones have come out. This helps as youre massaging yourself too which helps- you can use any old cream everywhere or any firming cream/ lotion - but palmers cocoa butter for stretch marks is the bext ive tried - bio oil didnt help with the scars and marks unfortunately for my skin type. I have those bumps on arms too as someone mentioned above. Not sure if this helped but be patient. took almost a year for me as i continued to lose weight to see a difference.
    x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.