Strictly Come Dancing....Anyone Else watching it ???

BBlilsis

My 3 Furry Amigos
Hi Peeps,

Strictly Come Dancing started last night on BBC1, and I absolutely love it :p Its one of the only programs that I will actually come offline to watch (trust me thats commitment).

It was the mens turn to dance last night, with the first looser being announced tonight on the 8pm show...thats my one bugbear about this show, we have to wait a full 24hrs between the main show and the danceoff :(

My favourite professional dancer is Matthew Cutler, I've not decided on a favourite non professional yet, its too early. The women will compete next week, but they did a group dance last night and they looked good. Biggest surprise for me is Jodie Kidd, shes so gangly and awkward.

I'd love to talk to other fans on here, cuz not many peeps in my real world watch it :eek:

I was hypnotised by Tom Chambers' snake hips - that was rather pleasant to watch.

xx

Self confessed addict here!! LOVE it!

Thought the first chap from Holby was really good and Austin Healy of course. Was surprised that none of the ladies looked that strong but early days. Might be another year for the lads me thinks!

xx

OMG, cool other fans to discuss my fav show with :giggle:, man Gary Rhodes must be killing himself, he is such a perfectionist he was driving his pro dancer Karen Hardy mad, and then they came last on the leader board.

Ooh to be light enough to be thrown round the dancefloor :party0011: {{slipping in and out of daydreaming here }}

Gary Rhodes was very funny, trying far to hard bless him, think he might go tonight.

And how HOT did that girl in the cat suit look??!

I'm light enough to be thrown around the dance floor.....erm, as long as my partner is Jeff Capes ;)

xx

Hey guys... I'm a massive fan too!!!

Have to say the 24hr wait doesn't bother me so much... the first few weeks last year I was annoyed about it but then really enjoyed looking forward to it on the Sunday night so I don't mind now :D:D

Gary Rhodes was very funny, trying far to hard bless him, think he might go tonight.

And how HOT did that girl in the cat suit look??!

Its always sooo hard trying to figure out who'll go on the first night, god bless, they always put a golden oldie in to be the first lamb to the slaughter, but me thinks this years guy (the political reporter) was quite popular with the judges, Gary just seemed too uptight to relax with the flow of the music. The catsuit was memorable, the pro dancers are absolutely gorgeous, the women have figures to die for (except for me Camilla Dallerup is toooo skinny, her legs are like wooden spoon sticks, no shape) :giggle:

I love being a "Sofa Judge"

Just about to watch SCD:It Takes Two on BBC2...what to say about last nights dance off, I guess the two weakest dancers were up for (is it called eviction??) being voted OFF, but I slightly favoured the guy from Eastenders to stay, but only slightly, gosh the professional dancers must hate getting thrown out in the first few weeks, it doesn't give anyone time to get really good :p

OMG, second week of the show and both eliminations have shocked me, more so this week, I'm no judge but I think Jessie Wallace was soooo heavy footed round the floor, she was definitely the least elegant female dancer. I love Anton du Beke and now he's knocked out in his first week :cry:

Back to the boys this Saturday (i think, thats how its working till the numbers go down a bit?) they all seem to be liking the 'ol politician guy, he does seem nice, but not exactly Fred Astaire, I'd hate to see him being kept in over some of the really good guys like Austin or Tom :p

I'm a massive fan and have been since the first series and have been lucky enough to get tickets for most of the series. I am now waiting on tenterhooks to see if I've got tickets for this year (having put in 32 applications in various friends names!!!). I spend most of my time on the Strictly forum on DS which is a great place to chat to other Strictly fans.

By the way, if anyone particularly wants to know who's been knocked out ahead of the Sunday Results Show, we normally have a spoiler thread running as someone from the forum usually has tickets and texts the result through as soon as they leave the studio. Although, having said that, we don't seem to have anyone there this Saturday, but I know another forum which may have the result.;) I'm not good at waiting until Sunday night :D

Yep I'm a massive fan and sky plus it if I'm out so I never miss an episode. The guy from Holby City is my fav so far.

Was glad Gillian Tayleforth went this week, as I really didn't like her. But I feel so sorry for Anton, he gets the rubbish partners every year because he is so nice!

Yep I'm a massive fan and sky plus it if I'm out so I never miss an episode. The guy from Holby City is my fav so far.

Was glad Gillian Tayleforth went this week, as I really didn't like her. But I feel so sorry for Anton, he gets the rubbish partners every year because he is so nice!

He's not that good at Latin though to be fair. The nearest he got to winning was in Series 1 with Lesley Garrett when he came third and might have won if it wasn't for the fact that Chris Parker (although a crap dancer) was so popular with the voting public. If you look at the showdance that Brendan did with Natasha, it really doesn't look that good going on today's standards and if Anton had been in the final and done a ballroom type showdance, he might very well have won! I somehow think the BBC are preparing him to take over from Bruce when he decides to retire.

I know what you mean he def is a ballroom dancer more than a latin dancer and it is normally the latin dancers that win the show.

I hope he does take over Bruce, although am I in the only person in the world who gets so annoyed by his stupid jokes and wanna punch the tele? Lol

:D No, you're just one of many who find his jokes completely cringeworthy! I saw him on Paul O'Grady's show yesterday and he was great - it's when he's struggling to read from an autocue that it doesn't seem to work. Whoever writes the jokes for him should be shot!

Lol glad it's not just me who thinks like that!

I actually watch the programme half hour later so I can fast forward the bruce bits. Lol maybe this diet makes me more angry?? He he :rolleyes:

Well I'm proud of myself, I sky +'d the show last night, but held off watching it until I could record tonights and watch them back to back.

it drives me mad the way we have to wait 24hours when we all know they record it on the Saturday night. I am a member of digitalspy so know all about the Spoiler thread each Saturday night, its another mental battle to peek or not to peek :giggle:

Today I had to be sooo careful not to go onto any of the Strictly threads in case I got the result and ruined my whole waiting :giggle: I think it was a wise decision to eliminate Gary, he just couldn't dance, god love him he tried his best though, but for me it just was awkard to watch.

OMG some of the professional dances tonight were just amazing, i'm so glad I recorded the shows, cuz now i can go back and watch it over in slow mo if necessary :bliss:

Role on next weeks ladies nite

Back