Strictly Come Dancing!!

Lovely photos, I bet it was great to be there.

Yes it was great, we had a brilliant view from the balcony.

It was a long day we started queing about noon & the doors opened at 2:30pm, we were held in the Tower circus until 4:30 & filiming started about 5:45pm. They film the opening showdance.

It was amazing watching the show live you can see so much & not just what the camera wants you to see. I still can't get over how bad Ann is, she just doesn't dance a lot of the time & walks through the steps.

Cirque du Soleil who are on tonights show are absolutely brilliant. Duffy was lovely, such a nice person.

We didn't eat from 2ish until we got home at 11pm:eek: Because once you get into the studio you can't leave & you certainly can't have food & drink in there.

You look fabulous, bloody fabulous !!!! You should change your avatar !!!!

Who went tonight. We lose the BBC before the results are in boooo hooo.

Wow Michelle, thanks for sharing with us!!! Sounds amazing! Great piccies- very glamorous!! I'm so chuffed you got in! You must have been starrrrving darrrling (as Craig might say!!!) by the end!!XXXXX

bigbird.png

Remind you of anyone !!!!

Ooh dear, poor Strictly thread has got a bit neglected over the last few weeks!! I have been watching it religiously as I'm sure many of you have!! I thought I'd put the thread to bed tonight following the amazing grand finale!! I was delighted Kara & Artem won!! I loved watching them dance- they looked so gorgeous and elegant together and the chemistry between them was on fire!!!! I do hope they get it together- they seem so in love! Saturday nights will certainly be leaving a void in my life!! I won't stoop so low as to offer to work more Saturday nights!!! But I do enjoy my Saturday evening entertainment when I'm not working! Roll on Dancing On Ice!! I just wish they had a better Celeb line-up on it! I always think that Strictly finds more famous people, but probably because they have a bigger budget?! I'll enjoy 'Ice' all the same!!X

with regards to payments to the stars DOI would def have the bigger budget, but it's just not as classy. i've never been able to get into it.

i wanted matt to win (if you remember he was the one i chose from the start) but it was a worthy final and winner and def the best series yet!

Wow, really? I didn't know that about DOI!! I always assumed it was a bit of a poor man's Strictly, although enjoyable as you say, not as classy!! I thought the line-up for Strictly was amazing this year!! Matt was fantastic and extremely talented, agile and seems like such a lovely chap, but I love Kara's dancing and not just the chemistry, but the sheer electricity between her and Artem..Woww!! And credit where it's due, Pamela was fantastic too!!X

Horses for courses I suppose, I just adore the whole production- the dresses/outfits and the work and artistry that goes into them, the general glitz and glamour, the incredible singers and orchestra, the humour of the judges and their comments, Brucey, Claudia (sorry to say that I'm not all that enamoured with Tess but can't put finger on why!), the professional dancers who I think are incredible- skill and personality and now celebrities in their own right, the whole stage production and the romance and vitality in the dancing! Can you tell I like it?!! I do really enjoy DOI and think it's incredible how people can learn to actually DANCE on the ice in such a short space of time, never mind stand up, and I love Holly & Phil but there's just something about it that doesn't match up to Strictly for me!X

I have to admit I cant stand Bruce Forsyth, I find him totally cringe worthy... having said that Im not overly keen on Holly on DOI - does ANYONE really smile that much?? But I love Philip Schofield, and Torvill and Dean.

I think one of the things I like so much about DOI is the amazing transformation in the contestants, to go from really basic routines to professional standard ones by the final is amazing.

Oddly enough although I dont care much for Strictly, I do like the US version - although some of their dancers seem to be in a totally different league to the UK ones.

Now I love Holly but not keen on Tess, but do love Brucey, although I agree he is sooo cringeworthy at times!! Tonight especially! But I think he's great for 80 and very sprightly!! I think the UK dancers are awesome but I'll have to watch Dancing With the Stars a bit more to see what you mean about theirs! I didn't realise you could get better than the ones on our show so I'm sure I'll be blown away by the USA ones!!X

Former Atomic Kitten singer – Kerry Katona
Coronation Street star: Steven Arnold
TV presenter: Jeff Brazier
Former Neighbours actor – Craig McLachlan
Former newsreader – Angela Rippon
Cricketer – Dominic Cork
Radio star: David Vitty (Comedy Dave from Chris Moyles’s Radio 1 show)
American rapper – Vanilla Ice
Actress – Nadia Sawalha
Richard and Judy’s daughter – Chloe Madeley
Loose Women presenter – Denise Welch
Hollyoaks actress – Jennifer Metcalfe
Former EastEnders (and E20) actor – Sam Attwater
Nickelodeon presenter – Laura Hamilton
Frank Lampard’s ex - Elen Rives
Iraq war hero – Lance Corporal Johnson Beharry

I've heard of 9 of the 16 of the above line-up- I'm sure I'll get into it and end up addicted and be posting on a DOI thread here!!!X

Back