Strictly Come Dancing :o(

westiegirl

Gold Member
Well I'm really hacked off because John Sargeant is still clinging on in Strictly. It is really wrong because this is a DANCE competition and although he is a nice chap and a great entertainer - he CANNOT DANCE!!!!

I wish the Great British Public would stop voting for him.

I'm glad that Lisa and Brendan stayed though (even though Cherie was good and didn't deserve to be in the bottom 2).

Och I think its good hes still there lol I think the judges are the ones keeping him in the more they go on about him the more votes hes getting.

But it's still unfair when there are some celebrities who are working really hard and deserve their places by actually DANCING well and not relying on sympathy votes.

Call me miserable but I am so disappointed because I love watching GOOD dancing.

God I need to calm down because I am SO angry.

I think though hes probably doing just as much work as everyone else and trying equally hard, albeit hes not the best.

I think the judges are losing sight of the fact this is a FUN competiton mostly for charity and noones life is going to change as a result of it. All these zelebs are going back to their 'day jobs' after it.

Its not like XFactor where people getting the sympathy vote is affecting a potentially life changing future for someone else.

I think Cheries partner tonight came across as a really poor loser with his comments.

For once we'll have to disagree ;) In this case Im enjoying seeing the underdog triumph

OK, agree to disagree ;)

But it does make me mad to see that John's comments always refer to the fact that he knows he'll be back because of the public vote. He knows himself that he shouldn't be there. Must admit I find him slightly smug :mad:. I might be more endeared to him as the underdog if he was a wee bit more humble.

I suppose for the judges this is their bread and butter and they must find it so frustrating to see someone not taking it seriously when it is what they have a passion for!

I was wondering if we were going to watch this too...glad we are lol...I am recording it so I can skip the ads and also my mate has just been on the phone for nearly an hour, I dont know many of the folk going in any early update? Anyone stick out as the one to dislike and eat the crawlies...lol...gosh I think I need to get out more...xx

I know love him....fancy sliding down the bank and landing leg either side of a tree *ouch*
I've been looking forward to this so much that it's even managing to banish my normal Sunday evening sulk at thought of going to work in the morning :D

I think Kilroy is an arse too.
xx

I know love him....fancy sliding down the bank and landing leg either side of a tree *ouch*
I've been looking forward to this so much that it's even managing to banish my normal Sunday evening sulk at thought of going to work in the morning :D

I think Kilroy is an arse too.
xx

I know, bless him.

I think Kilroy-Silk is going to drive me to distraction. I don't think my mood is in a very good place to be watching an @rse such as him :mad::mad::mad:

I felt quite queasy looking at it. She'd have been hysterical if it had woken up.
I'd be hopeless in the same situation, but still love watching it
xx

Well I hope the judges and the other performers are proud of themselves. The flack hes taken has been shocking, its nothing short of bullying the comments the judges have been making in the press and on the show. There was also a report in the paper that other contestants are snubbing him. The judges wont even be gracious this weekend Im quite sure. I think its a blooming shame hes felt he has to quit.

Its sad, but they all seem to have overlooked the fact this show is for charity, the main thing of it is meant to be a bit of fun and to raise money for charity. The judges are so damn pompous youd think peoples lives/careers were at stake. Maybe next series theyll take heed of the fact apparantly something like 30% of the votes cast for him were to spite the judges, so the more they went on about him the more votes he was getting.

Well I for one wont be watching it again.

I loved him and will miss him, although he is going to do a goodbye dance this week. I totally agree that if its for charity then what does it matter who wins as long as the charities get money. Its suppose to entertain and he entertained me. I know some folk want them to dance perfectly but when the show is over its back to normal their normal jobs. If they want to dance professionally then they can do so but I for one want to be entertained....xx

I'm afraid, again we'll have to agree to disagree...

He went because he actually thought he could win it, not because he thought he was being bullied, and he said that was a "joke too far", even for him.

I don't think the judges were bullying with the comments they were making - they were merely expressing their opinion on the dance - and truthfully he was a shocking dancer, even a novice like me could see that!

There is a rumour that next year the rules are changing so that if a contestant is in the judges bottom 2 for 3 weeks in a row then they are evicted without the chance to compete in the dance off to stop this kind of farce.

I can understand how the judges feel - if you were passionate about something, wouldn't you want it to not be made a mockery of? This IS their living!

Whether it's for charity or not, the fact still remains that there are good dancers on the show who are still "doing their bit" but don't deserve to leave because people want to "make a point".

OK, I'll shut up now!

I'm afraid, again we'll have to agree to disagree...

He went because he actually thought he could win it, not because he thought he was being bullied, and he said that was a "joke too far", even for him.

I don't think the judges were bullying with the comments they were making - they were merely expressing their opinion on the dance - and truthfully he was a shocking dancer, even a novice like me could see that!

There is a rumour that next year the rules are changing so that if a contestant is in the judges bottom 2 for 3 weeks in a row then they are evicted without the chance to compete in the dance off to stop this kind of farce.

I can understand how the judges feel - if you were passionate about something, wouldn't you want it to not be made a mockery of? This IS their living!

Whether it's for charity or not, the fact still remains that there are good dancers on the show who are still "doing their bit" but don't deserve to leave because people want to "make a point".

OK, I'll shut up now!

100% agree with this... Yes he was entertaining but I HATED the other people going over him!!!

Having seen the show on BBC2 it sounds like he had some problems with the other contestants, I think thats dreadful.

But as with every aspect of this forum we all have our own opinons and views on things ;) Personally I think this has all turned rather nasty... Arlene was quoted in the paper as referring to him as a dancing pig - how rude!

Ive definitely watched my last show :(

How exactly will the new rules work... if the judges get to automatically eliminate someone whos in the bottom 2 for 2 weeks in a row does that not in effect mean they can dictate who goes and when, in that case whats the point of the public vote or am I missing something, it just doesnt seem to make sense that?

Back