Strugglers United

blue*smartie said:
Why do I hate it? My job centre advisor told me I would be getting work experience working in IT.. the reality

Its working with people with special needs, nothing wrong with that - but its not me. No training and half the time I am guessing what's 'wrong' with them (I know thats the wrong term, apologies if I offend anyone)

No lunch break because we are not to be left on a one to one basis with them (no crb check) Although we have now been told its ok to be on our own with them hmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Its myself and another placement person working with them, no one else. They keep asking us what to do next and we are like ummmm and have to think on our feet quickly.

On Thursday afternoon there was no one in. And I mean no one - myself and the other placement person were on our own in the building. Luckily someone came in minutes before we finished for the day

If no one with special needs comes in we are sat twiddling our thumbs for literally hours on end. On Friday we tidied up a bookcase and that was it for the entire 7 hours we were there

I could go on, and I have another 3 weeks of this :(

Oh goodness - that sounds terrible and it doesn't sound right either. Is there someone you can report this to?

We can count down the days with you- I don't know if it will help at all, but hopefully you won't feel alone.

15 days

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Honestly, we are both too scared to complain because of the threat of sanctions to our benefits. The person that placed us is also a volunteer presenter (its a radio station) so it could make things really awkward if we complain. Furthermore, If we dont finish/get kicked off we dont get any money for 13 weeks :(

I am going to speak to my job centre advisor on Wednesday to see if there is an official way to get out of it. But I am not holding my breath.

I can see why there is such a stink about these schemes at the moment

How's us strugglers doing?

I think I am doing ok. Had a lovely Harvester meal yesterday

Kx

Not too bad...I think I would be fine if I wasn't poorly!!!

Anyone got good syn free or low syn comfort foods for when their're feeling ill??xx

Cai said:
Not too bad...I think I would be fine if I wasn't poorly!!!

Anyone got good syn free or low syn comfort foods for when their're feeling ill??xx

No, unfortunately as I am the only cook!! Loads if you are up for cooking?

Kx

I've seen the light at the end of the tunnel and it's not the ice cream van I'm running for!! Lol.

Around 5 months u til the proper summer clothes will be out (august holidays) so we need to get on plan for the full 5 months in order to feel good/confident by summer...who's with me?!

I'm on day 2 of 100% and feeling good! Woop!!!! Xxxxxx
Kiss my fat/flab/love handles goodbye xxxxxx

Yay another pound off - I don't feel I am struggling at the moment - but don't wanna take my eye off the ball and lose sight of what I am currently achieving.

Kx

Can I join? Have done every diet under the sun. This is my 3rd attempt at SW. Really hope it's my last. Lost 4lbs in the first week, so far sticking it out. Have felt sad all week. I think it's because I realised I usually give my all to a diet for about two weeks, lose weight, then go off the rails and regain it all and more besides. Hope it's not like that this time :( I really like the idea of this group - didn't wanna join any of the goal setting ones as I don't want to put myself under pressure. Just taking it one day at a time..... Good luck everyone!! Xo

Thought I'd resurrect this thread. Found it by searching for threads that Smartie started (sorry Smartie - I'm not stalking you but I've been missing in action for a while so wanted to find out what you were up to). I can relate to so much of what has been said here. I like smartie lost 5 stone pretty quickly (about 8 months) and then after a family holiday my weight loss literally ground to a halt in 2 weeks. Over the last year I pretty much haven't lost anything (although in practice I lost just over a stone and then put it back on). It's still a huge achievement for me to be 4.5 stone lighter than I was 18 months ago with a 'net maintain' over the last year but I don't want to keep gaining.

So, I'm with everyone here. Just need to get back into the mindset of 'it doesn't matter how long it takes me, I just need to keep doing the little things and I'll be able to look back in a few months and see how far I've come'.

Keep at it everyone. We know it works.

Gail x

gl12282 said:
Thought I'd resurrect this thread. Found it by searching for threads that Smartie started (sorry Smartie - I'm not stalking you but I've been missing in action for a while so wanted to find out what you were up to). I can relate to so much of what has been said here. I like smartie lost 5 stone pretty quickly (about 8 months) and then after a family holiday my weight loss literally ground to a halt in 2 weeks. Over the last year I pretty much haven't lost anything (although in practice I lost just over a stone and then put it back on). It's still a huge achievement for me to be 4.5 stone lighter than I was 18 months ago with a 'net maintain' over the last year but I don't want to keep gaining.

So, I'm with everyone here. Just need to get back into the mindset of 'it doesn't matter how long it takes me, I just need to keep doing the little things and I'll be able to look back in a few months and see how far I've come'.

Keep at it everyone. We know it works.

Gail x

Hi Gail, so glad to see you back - missed u luvvie!!
It's hard, but as you say , it's a lifetime choice , and it doesn't matter how long it takes - stick with us regardless

Kx

I've lost 2st 8lb in total, but I seem to be plateauing. I know my noggin isn't in the right place atm and I'm trying to power through rather then give up.

Anyone else have this problem?

Oh heck! :eek: Where is Smartiebob? Just been reading about her crappy work placement. Hopefully it is over now and she has some good CV brownie points for her efforts. You are stronger than me Smartie, I would have lost the plot :) x

Hi, I am Sausage :wavey: and I have put on about 2 stone since Christmas through sheer pigginess and lack of exercise. I am aiming for a good week this week to get back in the mindset. Not getting too bogged down with the numbers for now, just keeping it simple...

B: porridge and fruit
L: speedy soup and fruit
D: veg chilli/ratatouille/curry

Drinking loads of water and got some cheapo Aldi yogurts today. No gelatine or artificial sweeteners in them so they must have some syns, but who cares...they are healthier than doritos! :p

*waves to Gail and Kwise*

Got room for another (not so) little one in the grooup please?

I am struggling big time and have no idea why. Actually I think I am probably a bit scared of actually getting "there" to target for some reason which is totally stupid but I can't think why else I sabotage myself so easily!

7 stones down and 4 to go so I should know what I am doing and even the OH has joined now to keep me on the straight and narrow and even that is not working.

I know I can do this so any kicks up the butt will be appreciated x

Hi can I join plz, really struggling at the moment. I had lost 21lbs since last August but over the last couple of months I've put 7 of those back on. Now I'm battling to maintain. Really need to get my act together, don't want to return to how I was

Welcome to you all!
First stage complete...admitting that you are struggling!!!

Now what aims can we all set???

I sound like i'm from some form of group theropy LOL xx

My aim is a week of 100% to try & get my head back in gear

Need to bump this up as have had 2 strugglers weeks and put on a total of 4lb!!
Got far too complacent!!

Kx

Come on K! You can do this! You tried a for & against list?

Lozzie Stardust said:
Come on K! You can do this! You tried a for & against list?

What's a for & against list hunny?

Kx

hi ! i'm glad that thread was pushed up.. i'm still early in my sw journey.. i lost 1st 1lb and i need to lose an other 3st + .. i have been pushing my luck last 2 weeks and it will catch up with me i know it.. i do exercice but i'm so bad with food, i got to a stage where i look at the veg in my fridge and tell myself. NO i dont want to eat that ! i dont fancy food anymore i just want to be naughty..please somebody help me out of that !!!!!!!:cry:

Back