Struggling Again

futureyummymummy

Silver Member
I hate having to post this but I have no one else to talk to about all of this! Ok so for the last week I've eaten all but 2 days, not just a little either I've really binged to the point of feeling really really sick and uncomfortable. I HAVE put weight on, it's my WI tomorrow and I'm dreading it. I feel really ashamed of myself. My llc says this kind of thing is quite common at this stage (I e-mailed her) but I just can't get over the fact that I've done this to myself and gone backwards, I don't know what to do it seem's as though I've not learned anything at all in the last 15 weeks :(.

Emma xXx

Don't beat yourself up - look at what you've acheived so far and concentrate on that. You have an amazing loss and don't forget its the VERY VERY difficult relationship we have with food that got us here in the first place. So long as you are away of why this is happening and you learn from it then in a way it is a postive thing. If it was that easy to lose all this bloody weight we'd all be proper slimjims from the get go.

Well done on your excellent inspiring loss. Onwards and upwards.

:)

Oh Emma, I'm sorry you're finding it so hard, but well done for posting, you know they'll be people with you, encouraging you.

Is there anything specific that has triggered it this time?

{hugs}

I don't think you've gone backwards, don't look at it this way in any case...you've slipped up, you're struggling...take a breath or two and tell yourself everything HAS NOT gone down the pan just because for two days it was not excellent...allow yourself that binge...yeah it's set you back a wee tad...but today is a new day and so is tomorrow...look ahead and take another look at your mini goals...all is not lost...how can it be? Guilt is not a good emotion...be positive, you've acknowledged you've slipped up, you probably know why you did it...move on and off the guilt trip and back onto the you're gonna do this one...cos you are...and you've come so far...

Em, I've been in exactly the same placce as you. I've had some serious binges for days on end and piled on weight. But it's back under control now. The weight I put on has come off. I'm not sure what it is that's helped me now get things in balance but I think exercising every day has been a real help. It means I can eat a bit more and not put on weight!
The main thing is not to fall into the trap I almost did of going 'sod it I've failed at this just like I do with everything'. You can get back on track I promise you. Don't wait until tomorrow. Don't wait until the packet of biscuits has been finished (the classic 'well seeing as I've bought so much food about I might as well eat it all' line!) Do it now.

Try to keep things under control...just for this evening. Then start again tomorrow and see if you can step away from the cookie jar just for the morning. The for the afternoon too.

Small steps remember.

Just don't beat yourself up and lose all the confidence you've gained from your great weight loss xx

Wanted to send my love. This isn't easy, try seeing what you have achieved! Its fab! Don't let this set you back, start new and keep on going you can do it chick!
xxx

Take every day as a new day. Don't think about what you've "broken", or how you've "failed". We're only human. The more you obsess over your wrongs, the more you'll do them... Forgive yourself. You obviously felt a little bit bad on those days, but think back as to what made you eat a little more than you should have? Then think about all that you've achieved...

I took a weekend off from Lighter Life in the summer, ate anything I wanted and gained nothing. Then I came back and just went back on LL for another 4-5 months. Allow yourself that one moment of weakness, tell yourself it's ok. You obviously needed it. Don't worry, and keep going!

If one trips and falls, they get back up again, because life doesn't stop... It keeps going.

sorry to hear you are struggling again
please don't give up, you have come so far
is everything ok in other areas of your life - do you know why you are lapsing? I can't really offer any advice - sending you (((hugs)))

tomorrow is another day
daisy x

Hi hon

Sorry you hit a hard patch again. :( BUt good on ya for coming here instead of throwing in the proverbial towel. You know you can do this - we kjnow you can too!

I have noticed something, and that is - you seem to go up and down - feeling really good and great, getting great results and good losses - and then on the back side - you have these kind of struggles you are facing now - and then you are up and going again. It seems there may be a pattern worth looking into?? Do you think when you feel good, and happy and get good results - is there something in you that perhpas says you don't deserve this, so you self-sabotage? I believe that is a fairly common thing, an djust wonder if there might be something there too look into?

I really think you can pull through and get to the end. Good on you for never giving up.

Keep the faith - this will work, and you do not have far to go. :)

Back