struggling and need advice

soapsuds

am feeling really disheartened. i have a groin strain which means i cant move around very much. i have been exercising regually while i've been on this diet but not been able to over last few weeks. My weight just does'nt seem to be moving at all. I have cheated once but been since then i have'nt. i am drinking the proper amount of water. I did'nt think you needed to exercise on this diet to see results. I have been struggling i really feel i need a break from this diet but i have'nt reached where i want to be and i dont want to go backwards. i just want to see some results even though i cant exercise. i just dont know what to do. keep perservering, take a break for a while, try something else. i really need advice please.:mad:

On this diet excercising or not te weight HAS to come off..

When did u cheat? Your body might still be returning to ketosis an so you may be holding carb water weight...

Stick with it as your body can't afford to hold onto anything if you are 100% and drinking minimum 2litres of water plus shakes...

You will find sometimes you wont lose much weight but will lose loads of inches......but dont give up it will get back on track......you may find some of your clothes are looser ........so keep on and you will get there

Hey sweetie,

Sorry you are feeling disheartened. Our bodies really are against us when it comes to losing weight. It sounds like you need some kind of change of routine. If you want to stay on LT without a re-feed week I suggest doing things slightly differently. Change your routine and have the shakes at different times. Try your shakes hot if you have them cold and vise versa. Weight loss has a tendency to plateau without diversity.

Try measuring yourself as a guide as sometimes water retention can hide true fat loss!

I hope you start to feel more motivated soon.

Take care xx

keep at, chin up and good luck:)

You will find sometimes you wont lose much weight but will lose loads of inches......but dont give up it will get back on track......you may find some of your clothes are looser ........so keep on and you will get there

Hi soapsuds :)

I think what Sonkie says here is very true about losing inches even when it doesn't seem that weight is being lost. Are you measuring regularly as I know that a lot of people find this very inspirational?

Best Wishes,

Isis:)

Hey Chick, don't despair. I've not been on the site for a few days (been away for the weekend) and thought I would share my few pearls of wisdom with everyone, then came across your post.

I have lost 2 stone now which if fab (3 to go mind) and have the usual trouble of clothes being to big, so I thought I would hunt into the my Narnia wardrobe for some of the stuff that no longer fitted me.
What a lovely surprise that was!

My son got married 3 years ago. I lost 2 stone for the wedding which I immediately regained, and a bit more too. I bought a fabulous and very expensive suit for the event which I really struggled to get into but it was OK on the day, if a bit snug here and there.

Out of curiosity, I tried it on today. It is too big! The skirt would need taking in and the top hangs on me. Here's the thing, I weigh 11lb MORE now than I did the day of the wedding! Work that one out. So it goes go to prove that despite your injury, you will still lose inches if not pounds.

Stick with it love. You'll get there but as someone pointed out, change the way you have your shakes and the times that you have them too. That may help but don't give up. Chin up! xXx

PS A couple of dresses are also too big, especially under the arms, and my ball gown, I can turn round in without it moving! WooHoo! Sooo gonna need a whole new wardrobe!:)

I agree with arntyjax too. Hunt around your wardrobe and see what progrss you have made. It is not all about the scales as the inch loss is just as important. We all hit a wall from time to time but the feeling will pass. Celebrate what you have achieved and look forward to the new you.

I felt like that a couple of times last week. thought maybe this diet wasnt for me. it is disheartening when you are doing by the book, but your not getting the results. I have stuck with it! as even though I am still 17st I can see me, the old me coming back in the mirror. this week I upped my game. I had been drinking 2.5 ltrs plus shakes. this week I have done 3ltrs and my scales are saying (this morning anyways) 17st 2 lbs so hopefully by the time I have my weigh in next monday, (was fridays but I got moved to mondays so it will be 10 days since last w.i.) that I am in the 16st bracket, even if it is 16 st 13lbs lol. I hope your having a better day today :) BIG HUGS xx

Back