Struggling during Xmas festivities!!!

SJH1985

Hi there peeps :) is anyone else finding it hard in the run up to Christmas??? Didn't think I'd be too bad but just changed jobs which is practically office hours..... Previously worked shifts so I now have plenty of weekends free, yey!!! Although I've been to Xmas do's galore with more to come and it's mega tough!!!

I know that being on WW even over Xmas is definitely a positive as I'd no doubt put on at least half a stone but jeez I'm struggling!!! Lost 9.5lbs so far and don't want to ruin my hard work!!!!

Giving myself a hypothetical kick up the arse to keep myself in check and just ordered the shred DVD!!!! Looking forward to Xmas but will be flipping happy when temptations are over and done with :) Xxxxx

I am definatly finding it ! So stressed as well at the mo which isnt helping, been off track a mnth back on the ww wagon yesterday 4 lb heavier lol

I have this really amazing strain of Weight Watchers flu... every time I get invited to a social event that involves eating I magically "have the flu" and can't go!

Christmas do's are hard. I had one last week and watched all my colleagues stuff their faces with yummy afters while I abstained.

Got one on Friday and another on Saturday. I think I'll try and point Fridays one (its in a resturant and I get to choose what I want to eat) but Saturdays one is in a hotel and its a set menu so no choice over what is being served......also Saturdays one is a free bar so it would be rude not to take full advantage of it!

I've just been to a Chinese buffet and disco for my works Xmas do, I saved all my weeklys up and on the day I had fruit, zero point soup and just had a bagel with it meaning I had loads of points to use up, I set a limit of 70 pts, and came in around 55 . Made white wine spritzers and stuck to vodka lime and soda... had an absolute riot! Also don't forget to dance loads! Just enjoy it, track carefully for the rest of the week.

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Its really hard this time of year. I am struggling big time, just loads of nights out and I don't want to be unsocialable as some of my nights out include seeing friends I haven't seen in a while, I'm just practising damage limitation as best I can and then 2nd January totally going for it big time. I have 1 night out in January and won't be accepting any other - my thinking is that if I can have 1 whole month on plan then it will become much easier after that

Damage limitation is definitely my little mantra at the mo, we are only human and Christmas is a small part of a long tough year, you have to enjoy yourself. Have a nice evening,catch up with friends and pick up the pieces the next day, just try to remember what u had and record it - makes it much easier to get back on it. Have fun!

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Well I've thankfully not thought "oh we'll I've had a good time so sod it" I've actually got back on track the morning after the night before.....I've just had quite a few nights out with more to come!!! As of Jan 1st I'm working and I've got no weekends off or nights out planned so I'm gonna be on it big time!!!

I'm working all over Xmas and new year so there will no booze for me which is a good thing!!!

Got weigh in tmoz and hoping for a maintain but wouldn't surprise me if I had a little gain after munching on chocolate buttons and Pringles last night whilst watching dirty dancing, woops!!!!

Off to the gym though later to work my tush off!!!

Keep up the good work peeps, it'll soon be Christmas!!!!! Xxxxxxxx

I have been severely indulging recently with baking mince pies, eating take aways and not having ww in mind whatsoever! But at the end of the day although christmas is an important event in the year, it is one day which will occur every single year...i am not going to let myself waste all my hard work for mince pies and starbucks gingerbread lattes! Christmas is ALOT more than the food, it is family etc and i am not going to base my whole xmas on gorging myself on food...So i am kicking myself up the bum and getting on back track now.

I've found this last week very hard, I have been surrounded by chocolate at work and have been eating out etc quite a lot. It was works do last night and hungover today and craving stooge. Out for drinks and Sunday dinner tomorrow for friend's birthday tomorrow. However I'm off work now and although got a couple of things planned I've got time to cook properly and go to gym and want to try to behave myself as best as I can until fri at least!
My last WI is Monday and then no meetings til the 9th! I plan to be back on track full throttle on the 3rd though!
Good luck everyone but most importantly have fun! Xx

It's nice to hear how other peeps are coping with the masses of lovely food about!!! :) its been my Xmas weekend and had a lovely time, ate and drank in moderation but back to the task in hand tomorrow and cracking open the shred DVD!!! Working literally for 10 days solid over Xmas and New Year so had my little celebration this weekend instead!!! Got till Thursdays weigh in to make up for it though :) Xxxx

Back