Struggling near target...join us for encouragment

That's fab Tracey! You have done so well... almost there! I am supposed to be going up to 1000 after next weigh in on thurs, but feel like I want to stay on 810 until target... I just have to get there! Will be following your experiences to see how you get along with 1200. That menu sounds to-die-for!!!

xxx

Last edited:
Morning everyone... trying hard to make today a 100% day. Very few days are these days, but then again if I was doing 1000 they would be, so maybe I have just secretly moved up a plan without admitting it? Hmmm. Or maybe I'm just kidding myself again! I wish there was more detailed info on the steps up, I am not certain of how much carbs are allowed on 1000 & 1200 and booklet seems vague. There isn't another booklet for the steps, is there?

Anyway, promise to have a 100% 810 day today. Meeting friend who owns a fab cafe in town, so we will sit and drink pots of tea and NOT be tempted by cake... she is trying to lose a little bit herself. Hope everyone else is good!

xxx

hi Everyong - had my weigh in on Monday and managed to lose another 2 3/4lb so now only 6 to go !!! But had a bit of a blow out Monday Afternoon and all day yesterday (WHY !!!) jumped on the scales this morning to check the damage and 6lbs on ??????? back on the SS wagon for me until next monday to see if I can lose that xx

Jo... that HAS to be glycogen stores, right? Was it carbs that you ate? Get right back on track and fingers crossed it will come right off again... I know the temptation to 'reward' yourself after a good weigh in, and last week I did have polenta cake in a cafe in town, but the trouble is it just starts me craving more carbs and makes it all so much harder to stay on track. I think it is SOOOO hard at this stage, our bodies really want to be eating normally but we have to hang on in there! You can do it...

xxx

Thanks katycakes. I'm going to continue with the 810 plan. I'm ssing till my WI tomorrow then I'll go up the plan. Its so frustrating. I'm so close to the 9s but I'm not getting there. I need to get back on track.

I wish there was more detailed info on the steps up, I am not certain of how much carbs are allowed on 1000 & 1200 and booklet seems vague. There isn't another booklet for the steps, is there?

Hi Katy

Sorry to jump in on this thread but do you have the "Weight care with Cambridge" booklet - it's yellow and it gives all the amounts etc in there. If not let me know and I can PM you the amounts to tide you over if you like.

Serena
xx

I wish there was more detailed info on the steps up, I am not certain of how much carbs are allowed on 1000 & 1200 and booklet seems vague. There isn't another booklet for the steps, is there?
I understand what you mean. It says have a slice of toast in the breakfast option and so many grams of pasta in the dinner option, but does not give any values or figures of what carbs we should be looking at. I did have a quick discussion with KD about maintenance and she says it is all about calories. Perhaps when you move to the higher plans carbs aren't so important as we wont be in ketosis, so need to change our mind set onto calories instead? x

Think I have just answered my own question.....They aren't called the 1000 and 1200 calorie plans for nothing!:p x

After having fruit with my porridge I have felt alot hungrier, just had my wholemeal sarnie and could easliy eat another one. Trying to keep myself busy this afternoon and away from the kitchen! It is a minefield now that I have to think about what I can eat. My CDC worked out last night how many calories I should be consuming once I am at target for my height (something to do with your metabolic rate and how much exercise you do) so that is what I'm working towards. So I'm not worried at all about carbs just how many calories I am consuming but increasing them gradually.

Tracey, do you or anyone else know how this is done? Or is there a website or something that can help? I have asked my CDC this but she said I would just work out what was right for me when I got there. The problem is that she isn't at goal yet herself, so I am not sure she is totally clued up on this last leg of the journey. I would rather have a ballpark number of cals than leave it to chance. Does anyone know how you would do this?

xxx

Trip you are a STAR. Thank you!!!! Have been wanting to know this for AGES. Will go look. SCARY!!!!!

xxx

After having fruit with my porridge I have felt alot hungrier, just had my wholemeal sarnie and could easliy eat another one. Trying to keep myself busy this afternoon and away from the kitchen!

Doesnt it suck how you seem to be eating more, yet you are hungrier? Im only on SS+ and already im trying to chew my food like 20 times and cut it in to tiny pieces to make it last longer and make myself feel fuller!

I need 1700 cals a day! Yay!!!! God that sounds like masses. Will I ever get there?!!!

xxx

Back