Struggling near target...join us for encouragment

I haven't eaten an easter egg today because my husband actually bought me one about 3 weeks ago and i scoffed it straight away ;).
Unfortunately, he wouldn't buy me another one and i wont buy myself one as everyone knows that there are no calories in something you get given and dont buy yourself lol! Like nicking chips off someone elses plate...don't count!!
I have been good today, am meant to be eating 1900 cal a day and have had 2 slices of toast and peanut butter, 1 tetra, a wholegrain turkey ham salad sandwich, 1 naked hot cross bun (no butter) and just had a porridge. Don't intend eating anything more today, surely thats gonna be less than my calorie allowance?? Had a baaaad day yesterday...you know who you are SMW! :p....so trying to recoup today.
Have done 40 mins on the free step on the Wii fit and 10 mins on the hula hooping..thought i was gonna chuck :jelous:. Sorry for long rambling post but cheers for being there! Hope everyone else has had a decent day x

Hi Tracey, good to have you on the thread... d'you want to set yourself a target loss for this week and join the list? Hope you've had a good day!

Well done Sleepy & everyone who has had a good day - hugs to Zobo & Trip & Crazy & anyone who has struggled. I banished myself to garden for 5 hours... out of way of temptation... thankfully it was sunny! Cut brambles & pulled up fencing and dug & planted... knackered now, but garden looking better! Gonna treat myself to some oatcakes with peanut butter.

xxx

hi Tracey, welcome to the thread. I've had a good day today, hugsto those who have struggled. I'm out for lunch tomorrow though with a friend, to catch up, hope I can stay 100%

Morning everyone. Well Im off shopping today to hopefully will burn off some calories! I have decided to go on the 1000 calorie plan as from today as I need to eat healthy to stay on the rails.
Had a baaaad day yesterday...you know who you are SMW! :p....so trying to recoup today.
Oh dear sleepy sounds as if you are easily influeneced. Just remember it's only you that controls what you put in your mouth. Well done on all the wii fit thats great!

I banished myself to garden for 5 hours... out of way of temptation... thankfully it was sunny! Cut brambles & pulled up fencing and dug & planted... knackered now, but garden looking better!
When you have done im sure mine needs doing. Perhaps we can start a list for gardening jobs that Katycakes can come and do lol.

Welcome Tracey :) We are all here to support each other (up and downs) to target.

Hi guys - well I had a reasonably ok day food-wise yesterday......didn't have any Easter egg, but did have some minstrels at the movies last night (went to see the Swedish vampire movie - excellent). So am on my shake now and will head into work for a few hours before coffee with a mate. Have renewed hope for this week.......

Hope you are all doing well - get rid of those tempting eggs about the place and fresh starts eh?

hi everyone, I had a fairly good day yesterday, no easter eggs for me either, but off out for lunch with a friend, but I'm planning to stay on track.
Katy, I didn't know we could have oatcakes! is that on 810 or 1000. I love oatcakes so I'm going to have some later. Trouble is I'd probably eat the whole packet as they are so moreish

Well done Minz for resisting. I have children so we still have another 7 eggs left floating around the kitchen. Why is easter conected to chocolate? It should be conected to salad!

Hi everyone, you all seem really bright and focused today!

Please come & give me a big kick on the backside, I have been a bad girl. Hmmm. Didn't know we could have oatcakes, Trish? That's because we can't. Not on 810, anyway... probably not on 1000 either. As for peanut butter, doubt if it's on ANY of the CD plans. I actually wrote that i was going to do that... and I did... because somehow, since Thursday weight-day, oatcakes and peanut butter have been part of MY version of CD. I need to listen to myself once in a while... how did I ever think THAT was a good idea?

Yesterday, hungry after all that work in the garden, I had my two oatcakes I'd told myself would be OK. Then another two. Then another. I realised I have developed a sudden mania for peanut butter, so salty and nice. Then I realised I had eaten half the jar, only bought on Thursday, and 3/4 pack of oatcakes. THEN I realised. ARGHHHHH!!!!

I enjoyed eating them, but I didn't need any more than two & ended up feeling far too full as well as very guilty. Think I have just swapped my usual binge-foods for oatcakes & peanut butter, and not gone as far as I once would have, but still... when will I learn? Think I will buy some of those big wooden letters you can get & stick them up in the kitchen to spell SABOTAGE.

You have all made good choices and compromises this weekend and I have fallen face first into a very stupid slip. Grrr. I am 100% 810 today. (Now where have I heard that before?)

Seriously, the closer I get to goal the harder this is. I have to get there and start stepping up the plans before I lose the plot completely. Trip, your choice to go to 1000 is a very smart move... I'm sure what I have been doing is more like 1000 on many days. I just want to get to goal and then maybe start a maintenance diary just to keep myself on track, but on days like this it feels like I will never get there.

xxx

Aw Katycakes - don't be so hard on yourself......I find that if there's something naughty I'm craving, the best think is not to buy it, if it's there, it's crying out to be eaten until the whole pack is gone! My cupboards are pretty bare most of the time as a result LOL

One thing I have learnt on this journey, is that everyday is a fresh start - no point looking back except to learn a lesson (what triggered it, how can I avoid that in future etc.).

I was no saint over the weekend, but that's history....time to move on.

I'm finding it a real struggle (since November really), to shift the last half stone but I'm not giving up......it's all too easy to let the lbs creep back on - we all know that.

Here's to a new day, fresh start etc. (and empty the cupboards of anything that has the potential to sabotage).

I was going to type 'good luck' but we don't need luck, we just need to be kind to ourselves and stop taking detours LOL (the scenic route has too many distractions!).

Big hugs Minz, thank you. Wise words and I know you are right. I just worry that I will go on creating 'new' favourite foods out of thin air, as peanut butter is a new one on me! But I can do this, will do this, WILL learn from it. Just getting a bit fed up of learning I think!!! Want a study break!!!
Gonna go work in my shed-office, a net-free zone, and also a choc & peanut butter free one! Will check in later.

xxx

ahh never mind katy you've done so well so far. I'm disappointed about the oatcakes, I'll have to cross them off the shopping list :sigh:

Hi Girls,

Had a really good day yesterday, was working all day (run a activity center and spent all day taking out quad treks), had porridge for breakfast, bar for lunch, tuna salad with jacket potatoe for tea and CD mousse fo supper. So far today I have had porridge and a bar, Dave and I are going out to a friends for tea tonight (they're going to cook something healthy). Wll try and resist the wine though ;). Yesterday was a killer for resisting more chocolate ad hot-cross buns, I to have kids and have so much chocolate in the house.

Katycakes, I get weighed on Tuesday night so not expecting a loss this week due having swedish meatballs at Ikea last Thursday night...... :eek: OMG they were soooooo yummy! Plus the little slips over the weekend. But I would like to set a target of 3lbs for next week. It is my birthday on a week on Wednesday - 22nd April, actually my goal date of 10 stone, won't actually do it but considering I was 14 stone when I set it I am pleased I have got so close :D.

:eek::eek::eek: Peanut Butter :eek::eek::eek: I'm going to be dreaming of it all afternoon. White bread with peanut butter and bramble jelly sarnies......scrumy yummy!!!

It is a lovely sunny day today so going to go out for a training walk (doing moonwalk in 5 weeks time - 26.2 miles!!)

xx

Sorry to raise your hopes on the oatcakes Trish!

Tracey, my oatcakes & p'nut butter catastrophe is creating ripples of discontent throughout the thread... sorry! Your job sounds brilliant for keeping fit, go you! The nearest I got to being an outdoor girl today was sitting on steps of my office shed in the (watery) sunshine, with my laptop... sun is long gone now. Sigh. Had an extra shake but otherwise have been 100% and ALMOST time for my quorn tea...

xxx

Count me in too. I have 10 lbs to lose. Last weigh in I stayed the same. Hoping for some results on Wednesday.Two pounds would be nice.
xxxxxx

Welcome, Maggie... loving the Hello Kitty avatar!

xxx

welcome maggie!

well lunch out went okayish, had grilled mushrooms, followed by a plain salad,but frozen yoghurt for dessert, but since I got home can't stop picking :copon: and as its wi tomorrow not looking not expecting any great losses will be lucky to sts

Oh Trish... don't assume you'll stay the same... that kind of thinking will just give you permission to keep picking if you are anything like me! You could still lose, so be strong if you can... I know, I am a fine one to talk, but draw a line under it now and get back on track before the picking escalates. hugs.

xxx

morning all, had wi lost 0.5 lb :sigh: but I wasn't expecting much! going to get back on track no days out, so should be able to keep focused.

Well done Trish - half a pound is definitely a loss! Pretty good considering it's been Easter weekend and as you say getting back on track will be a lot easier now temptation is not all over the place. I weigh in on Thursday but after the peanut butter blip I am not expecting much! Stayed 100% yesterday though, bar an extra shake, and today I feel more motivated again... yay. Easier to do this when your head is in a co-operative mood!

Hope everyone else is OK!

xxx

Morning all... weigh in this am.. only lost 1.2lb this morning despite sticking rigidly to the diet... I have moved up to SS+ and introduced bars. It is so demotivating as found this week really hard with Easter ect and I was very hungry too. Ah well :(

Back