Struggling near target...join us for encouragment

Trip, WOW!!!! That's a great loss... go you! I think Skinny is right, it's about our frame of mind sometimes. You are SOOOO close!!!

I have been eating the quorn & cottage cheese options from step 3a, just a bit less of them & adding a tiny bit more carb. It says in the booklet step 3a is 1000 cals but slightly tipped to be high protein, so ideal for working down the plans. Whereas 3b is higher carb and ideal for going up the plans, so I have assumed you can have the veggie proteins from 810 & step 3a but with a tiny bit extra carb, like the options listed in the reply you got from CD. I didn't read it that the chick peas, aduki beans etc are the ONLY proteins you can have on this plan... if quorn is OK on 810, why wouldn't it be on 1000? It must be, but the booklet is small and they are assuming we know that.

I hope!!!

xxx

Hi Crazy, I am skiving, got a mountain of work to do but just thought I'd have a snoop on here... better get back to it!

xxx

I didn't read it that the chick peas, aduki beans etc are the ONLY proteins you can have on this plan... if quorn is OK on 810, why wouldn't it be on 1000? It must be, but the booklet is small and they are assuming we know that.
I don't know either. I did ask the question why we couldn't have quorn in my email but didn't get the answer. I guessed it is because quorn keeps you in Ketosis but perhaps at a higher level the amount of calories is too high for the 1000 if you are out of K anyway?? I really don't know but at the end of the day im going to do what you are doing. I can't live without my quorn and cottage cheese and we are bound to still lose weight.

Morning Crazy, keep glugging the water :)

Well quorn and lo-fat cottage cheese are both very lo-cal so it can't be the cals, and they won't keep us in ketosis if we are eating carbs anyway... I just wish they would spell that out. Or have a mini-booklet for veggies! I am glad I'm not the only one trying to work it out!

Having said that my challenges on 1000 have been to keep the carbs at bay, eating carbs makes me hungry... I know I have put on weight. I need to be stricter and turn it around a bit!

xxx

Eeek Im having such a rubbish day at work, I just want to go home....usually to comfort eat! Today Im going home as soon as I can and Im going to make the most of mum having the children over night and Im going to go for a swim. Im so stressed, but am focusing on the swim.100% nibble free so far today.

Hey all, just had yummy salad consisting of tomato,basil,radish, cucumber,beetroot and chicken and have sugar free jelly for afterwards! Hoping for a decent showing on the scales tomorrow as had an indulgent weekend and am 5lb for the worse!
Can't bring myself to alter my ticker cos as far as im concerned, its not permenant weight gain and will go. Best of luck to everyone, what they hell has happened to the weather? I have washing to hang out!
Even though my weekend was indulgent, i didn't really enjoy most of the eating bits and found myself slipping into eating for the sake of it again and was surprised how easily i could lapse. Never mind, all behind me now (on my bloody behind!).
Feel sorry for you poor veggies, CD doesn't seem to cater for you very much once food is reintroduced.....x

had a rubbish day at work, then at wi gained 0.25 of lb, I know its probably the different clothes and 0.25 isn't much. went to the gym did the work out about to go for a swim and discovered I'd forgotten my towel, so came home, so fed up ate lots of water biscuits and cheese WHY!. :copon:I'll have to put it behind me and start afresh tomorrow.:break_diet:

Last edited:
Hey Trisha don't worry 0.25 is nothing more than a small wee lol. Look how far you have come you have lost 23% of you!! Start again tomorrow put it behind you:hug99:

Oh dear skinnybird im sure its just carbs like mine, you will get that off in no time. :greenapple:Your salad sounds yum can you make me one plz.

Oooh, weird... posted a reply to Sleepy & Trish and it has just vanished... how weird! Does this ever happen to anyone else? Anyone know why?

Just wanted to say hugs, & no worries about those small gains... and also thanks for encouraging me to be 100% (from 10am anyway) with your straight-talking we-can-do-it posts this morning. I feel in a much better space than I did this morning. We can get to goal and we WILL.

(Hope this post doesn't vanish too!)

xxx

Sorry girls, not been on here for a while had a really busy week and been a bit naughty :(:(:( Went out for a meal for my birthday and had a few :party0036:, the did a 20 mile walk (last big training walk before the Moonwalk in 3 weeks time) and thought I'd earned a Pizza at Pizza Hut afterwards ;), then weighed Sunday morning and put on 3lbs :eek::eek::eek: I know it is only water bit really :mad: with myself for falling into that trap!!! Just been catching up on all the posts.

It seems that 'picking' is a theme here with all of us so close to target. I for one are very guilty of it and NEED TO STOP!!

Anyone else with me, aim for next week - no picking, who wants to join me?!?!?

I think 'picking' has held me back from bigger losses, especially the month just gone, I know I could have done a lot better!

Definately need to stop picking, I'm in!

Also got my accreditation as a CDC on Friday so really excited about that.

Minz, you had me going there for a second... made me laugh out loud and my family all turned and gawped at me 'cos they think I am working... oops!!!! Big hug for that one, honey.

AussieR, thanks for this morning's pep-talk... it has helped a lot!

Tracey, you star!!! Well done... we have our own resident CDC on board! Wooo!!!!

xxx

Hellooo everyone!

Well weigh in this morning.. only lost another 0.8lb... apparently a whole pound just isnt good enough for me!! I think it's coz TOM is due and water retention as I havent cheated... still damn annoying!

I have to go to Nandos tomorrow as it's my leaving lunch, but already planned to just had a plain chicken breast and mixed leaves salad. Gosh Ill miss the chips!!

Be good everyone :)

Crazy, chin up... the weight WILL go, it can't not. Totm will be slowing things, but you may even surprise yourself and get a loss after your holiday, even with the extra 1000 food... don't stress, it will all even itself out. Have a brilliant time and enjoy Nandos (chip-free) and Portugal! We will be thinking of you with envy!

xxx

Well, lost 3lb this morning so only 2 more to go!
How strange, its not as if I only had shakes yesterday, for anyone who's interested, i had CD porridge, yum chicken salad, sugar free jelly and spag bol with rice for tea. Oh and some grapes through the day and a v small bowl of rice pudding.
How did I lose weight?? I did however drink lots of water (3lts) and drank hardly anything over the weekend, so wonder if water has a big part in it? Not complaining but just goes to show that you can eat normally and still lose weight! Bring on the water today......x

Well done Skinnybird... that is amazing! Gives me hope too, that out bodies do adjust to eating carbs and eating normal but sensible & nice food... you are a STAR! Will take your advice and glug lots of water today as I think I had a slight gain at start of 1000 (dazzled by those carbs, I wasn't following plan 100%) and want to knock that back and edge lower.

Yay Skinnybird!

xxx

Back