Struggling near target...join us for encouragment

Hi all!
Greetings from Down Under again, another day done... eating almonds at my laptop this evening & off to Brisbane tomorrow.

Ruth, welcome, you've done so well... keep going, you can do it! As Trip says, we ALL can, and we will, and this thread can really help. It's just that on here you know people really 'get' it!

Sizzling, keep going... it is so hard, but every little step takes us closer. And well done on the size 14... forget the slight gain, sometimes we do 'stall' and the trick is not to get derailed by that.

Trish, you're doing so well... hang on!

Hels, your exercise regime always inspires me (although I am not sporty at ALL!) I know you will get to target as your determination really shows.

Trip, you are always so determined too, and so supportive, and that is very inspiring. You are right, we have all come a long way. And I think that we fall a bit more close to target because we are facing our food demons, lets just accept that, and learn from it, and keep picking ourselves up and carrying on! You are very wise.

Crazy... AMAZING loss. So glad for you. And love the new avatar pic, you look so happy & sweet!

xxx

Crazy... AMAZING loss. So glad for you. And love the new avatar pic, you look so happy & sweet!

Heyy Katy! Hope you are having a great time out there! Jealous of those almonds! Though I much prefer them in the Milka bar with cornflakes hehe!

How are you getting on out there food wise? Do you feel youve been making sensible choices and maintained, or have you treated yourself a bit? xxx

Bit of both really, Crazy... I have tried to make good choices but not always managed it! Full gory details on my diary on CD maintenance forum. I know I will gain, but am trying not to panic about it, I need to try and keep some focus and that's why I am checking in whenever I can get a net connection & a minute spare. Minis helps!!! I am SO glad to be doing this whole trip slimmer, as it helps my confidence and I need as much of that as I can get right now!

xxx

Bit of both really, Crazy... I have tried to make good choices but not always managed it! Full gory details on my diary on CD maintenance forum. I know I will gain, but am trying not to panic about it, I need to try and keep some focus and that's why I am checking in whenever I can get a net connection & a minute spare. Minis helps!!! I am SO glad to be doing this whole trip slimmer, as it helps my confidence and I need as much of that as I can get right now!

xxx

Ah sounds like you are in the right mindset! How long are you out there for? I do read your diary.. though the meantion of peanut butter on oatcakes makes me hungry hehe ;p

HEY KC! Hows Oz?? I loved Brissie I hope you enjoy it half as much.
Sounds like your doing pretty good hun, well done to you.

Crazy, your new avatar is really cute!

Hows everyone else doing?? Im pre menstrual (again!) and am fighting the urges pretty well I think. Cant get warm today though.

Oh no me too, Im sat next to the radiator and keep warming my bum on it untill my jeans are so hot I cant sit down again.

Katy your doing really well with your choices I envy your willpower! Just going across now to nosey at your diary.

Crazy I agree with everone else your pic is great :)

Hey Thanks for all the words of support! Did 100% yesterday (sure my trousers feel looser today :p)- felt so proud of myself. Hubby had left a packet of Haribo sweets on the kitchen counter and i literaly had to say to myself no you can't have just one when the little voice in my head was saying go on just one! feel as though i'm cracking up!!

I'm having 2 shakes and 1 bar a day - tummy has been grumbling today but i will persevere with this, drinking loads of water and taking 1 day at a time.

Hahaaa I have conversations in my head too.
Today it went
'ooh look Thomas has a bag of Maltesers'
No...your not even having one'
'buuuuuut half the bag is only 100 cals'
'Nope, none you fatty'
'Oh no.,....the packet opened and I will share with Tom'
'oooops all gone'

DAMN!

LOL! Think we all have the little fat devil and the skinny angel on our shoulders!

I have used the excuse, well if i go and have a long walk i can then have those haribos - don't think it works like that does it?!!

same thing happened last night looking at a slice of pizza -one bit of the pepperoni wouldn't matter would it? Proud to say i walked off and went and painted my nails - can't eat with wet nails!!

I just want to give a big up to everyone on this thread fighting their individual demons, we can do it. Whoooooooooop!! x

Awwww Sleepy, your a sweetie. I am in much need of a 'big up'!!!
Thanks hun, its people like you that keep me going. xx

Haha hels im following you again..! Yes i agree, thanks sleepy. Hopefully we can follow in your maintenance foot steps soon. x

hi everyone doing ok so far today.

Ruth I've definately got angel/devil on my shoulders, and constantly battle with them.

Katy your trip to oz sounds amazing.

Trip and Sizz I am freezing too. At work I keep shutting the windows, and turning the radiators on, everyone else complains that its warm and stuffy, and opens them again!!

Last edited:
hi everyone, how's it going. there was a buffet at work today and I've picked at it a bit:cry:but went to the gym and spent 1 hour on the treadmill workout and swam 20 lengths so hopefully will have repaired some of the damage

Ok everyone I give up, not with dieting but with cambridge.:cry: I just can't get my head around the higher plans, which are awful for veggies. As soon as I introduce small amounts of food I end up eating too much then feel guilty and upset for doing it. I love CD for where it's brought me too but for me personally I just can't keep feeling so bad for eating. So i'm off to slimming world to lose the last bit. I have put on a few lbs as I introduced my carbs yesterday. Thank you to Sleepy, trisha, katy, Hels, Sizzling, Badger, Crazy, Berryred and KD and everyone else on minimins (sorry if I didn't mention someone as there are loads on here who has helped.) If it's ok i'll still pop back as i'm sure I will still struggle even on another diet and would love to keep in touch and I Hope everyone gets to target very very soon x:thankyou:

All the best Trip - we'll miss you but please drop in to let us know how you're getting on???? x

Ok everyone I give up, not with dieting but with cambridge.:cry: I just can't get my head around the higher plans, which are awful for veggies. As soon as I introduce small amounts of food I end up eating too much then feel guilty and upset for doing it. I love CD for where it's brought me too but for me personally I just can't keep feeling so bad for eating. So i'm off to slimming world to lose the last bit. I have put on a few lbs as I introduced my carbs yesterday. Thank you to Sleepy, trisha, katy, Hels, Sizzling, Badger, Crazy, Berryred and KD and everyone else on minimins (sorry if I didn't mention someone as there are loads on here who has helped.) If it's ok i'll still pop back as i'm sure I will still struggle even on another diet and would love to keep in touch and I Hope everyone gets to target very very soon x:thankyou:

Go Trip, will be there with ya real soon. You have been great support to me on the last stages of CD, and look forward to achieving and maintaining with you on SW. MWAH xx

Oh Trip so sad to see you go... I know you have struggled though and I do know what you mean, the steps can be so hard. I wish you luck on SW, I know you will get there honey because your determination shines through always. Big hugs and please stay in touch, we will miss you.

xxx

Back