Struggling near target...join us for encouragment

Well, Im going to move the goal posts a little. Im pretty much at target (depending on what time I go on the scales lol!) so Im making 9st my target Im in no rush, so maybe loose the 7lbs before August or so. Im hardly having any CD at the minute, and will be joining SW in a few weeks!

just done unofficial wi for team challenge and lost 2 lb:) will alter my ticker etc when I have official wi on mon. just about to have my first shake then its off to the gym!

have a good day everyone!

Well Done Trisha!Im hungover today! I feel rotten silly me. I didnt drin a lot either.

Hi Ladies

Had a really bad week again last week (seem to say the same every week), hels you mentioned becoming a counsellor, I became one in April - so if you have any questions fire away ? ( on becoming a counsellor not about the diet as you all probably know more than me !!) x

Aw thanks hun, my mind has gone blank now but Im sure Il think of some Q's!Do you do it from home?? I have 2 little ones, hubby is away most of the time and I work PT too so Ill find it hard, but I would love to do it, and it will help in these struggling times.

Hi everyone, can I join this thread, I still have 16lb to lose, but am struggling badly, and so far this week have PUT ON 1lb.... I guess that is what you get for eating out 2 nights in a row (even though I tried to stay healthy)....

Well I'm back!! With my tail firmly between my chubby thighs. lol
The good news is I've not put an ounce on, so still 9 stone 3lb.
The bad news is I haven't lost any either....
It is so hard to stick to diets with carbs in, I just wanted to eat "normal", so I've had a total break & just done that for the past few weeks.
BUT I NEED to get to goal for my own mind, so I'm on day 2 of restart & am so far doing ok. Just taking it a minute at a time though.
I've also taken up running again. I was active before my 2 year old, so am just building my stamina back up to a good level of fitness again.

I hope everyone else is getting on ok.... xx

welcome back zobo, stick with it you can do it.
welcome greeneyes.

had official wi lost 2.5 lb would like to do better next week and get closer to goal

Hey all... back home now! Still jet lagged, hence posting at 4 in morning, but have looked forward to this and to catching up at last. You all seem to be doing great, and good to see you Greeneyes and Zobo!

I was scared to get on my scales for a whole three hours after getting home, but when I finally did, almost fell through the floor... I didn't put on, I lost. !!!!! So happy, and so relieved, and to me it is proof that CD works and that the steps can re-set your body so that going CD-free as I have over last 3 weeks doesn't have to be the end of the world. I do know I have been burning up more energy than usual while away, so will try to put some exercise in picture now to keep that up. But wanted to report in... and also thank you all for being so supportive and just for being there, really, even while I was on the other side of the world.

Hugs.

xxx

Well done Katycakes - what an inspiration. Glad the trip went so well, and the scales has shown you that you CAN be a success! x

Well done Katycakes, you must be thrilled that you didn't put any weight on, and all I did was eat 2 meals out and put on a 1lb which I dont seem able to shift this last week, so I have decided to do 1 week of CD SS only and see if I can kickstart my weightloss again as I have been eating my good meal and the weight is staying the same this week, although I did manage to lose 4lb last week, dont know what my body is doing.... also not sure if to join the gym or not because I want to lose this extra stone and a bit but I dont want to build muscle so that I dont lose weight if you see what I mean, why is the last bit always the hardest...

welcome back katy well done on the weight loss what an inspiration and proof that the cd steps do work.

I know what you mean about the gym greeneyes, I joined just over a month ago, and at wi I sts or lost 0.5 lbs, but on the gym scales my body fat % went down, however, this week I lost 2.5 lbs, so I'd say go for it and join. Have a good day everyone

Last edited:
Hi all,
May I join here too for a bit of encouragement for the last bit?
It has all been going really well until about 2 weeks ago. I get weighed every fortnight now, so bought my own scales a few weeks ago. What a mistake!
I am getting on them every time I go in the bathroom, despite all my better judgement and the fact that I know it's silly. Anyway, they are telling me that I haven't lost for nearly two weeks now, despite being, I'd say, 95% on 810. I am also excercising (bit of jogging) to try to kick it into gear. I am good on water- what had gone wrong? Is this just my plateau? Can I just not get any lighter?
The only other potential factor is that I am waiting for my period, only the second since coming off the pill after 10 years. Maybe when it comes things will move, but it is frustrating nonetheless.

On the upside, I am defintiely feeling great in this fab weather and am even into my 'goal' dress now (we all have one!). I just need to get there, to get some normality into my life and start lettin gmy body learn how to stay this way.

Yikes, quite a rant, sorry. I know everyone here has felt the same frustrations- any tips?

Thanks for reading, guys!

Letty x

welcome back zobo, stick with it you can do it.
welcome greeneyes.

had official wi lost 2.5 lb would like to do better next week and get closer to goal

Well done Trish! Hi to Zobo and Greeneyes!

YAY KC your home! Nice to have you back! and WELL DONE! hoe fab is that, you have inspired me to go away and do well!

Hi Letty, stick with things you are doing amazingly x

Think I may also need to join you ladies, if you'll have me.... Have about 9lbs to go (though can't remember why I set that particular target, think it may have been my wii fit target...gonna see how I look when I get there, may want to go lower), but am struggling, slightly, as keep having events where I have to come "off plan". Going to give it another week or so, then consider maybe moving over to WW or something.

Jeez struggling near target is totally the world for me! I duno why but I find this so so hard to stick with week by week, when Im so so close now. I dont know why. if I just stuck to it 100% for another 2 weeks Id be at goal. But I keep making excuses for myself and find Im thinking about food more now than when I started. Its almost like I dont WANT to get to goal and keep sabotarging my efforts as I worry about what will happen when I get there!! :(
I can so relate to this. Fear of success as much as fear of failure. I have given myself loads of reasons to fail over the last few weeks. Instead of seeing the 32lbs or so I have lost, I am seeing the 6lbs gained = big fat failure!!! I was desperate to start again this week but forgot to take into account the 12 mile charity walk I am doing this Sunday and cannot possibly take that on by doing SS. Not sure how to go about the CD plan this week because of the walk. Any tips and advice would be gratefully received.

Hi Lorrayne, I was on SS and I used to walk at least 5 miles every Saturday on 3 shakes, so maybe it would be possible to do your walk if you were to have an extra shake that day, possibly while you are on the walk itself.... just an idea.

Right today I have become more positive about the rest of the weight I need to lose, I have spoken to my CDC (as I have been a bit lax about weighing everything in the last week and ate out twice so only lost 1lb) and I have decided to SS+ for the next 4 weeks and then start moving up the plans, hopefully if I can lose the average 12lb in that time or near enough, I should reach goal by moving up the plans, well that is what I am hoping anyway, but may change my goal weight once I get to 10 stone, I will see how much more fat I need to lose around my middle by then. So feeling much more positive now, hope you are all having good days, hopefully we will all get there in the end.

Right today I have become more positive about the rest of the weight I need to lose, I have spoken to my CDC (as I have been a bit lax about weighing everything in the last week and ate out twice so only lost 1lb) and I have decided to SS+ for the next 4 weeks and then start moving up the plans, hopefully if I can lose the average 12lb in that time or near enough, I should reach goal by moving up the plans, well that is what I am hoping anyway, but may change my goal weight once I get to 10 stone, I will see how much more fat I need to lose around my middle by then. So feeling much more positive now, hope you are all having good days, hopefully we will all get there in the end.
Oooh Greeneyes, I hope we get there in the end. I really need to get to target so that I can prove to myself that I can achieve EXACTLY what I set out to do. Not nearly or almost! It is an eye-opener in seeing others having the same struggles as I am and I dont feel so alone or ashamed.

Thanks for the advice re the walk on sunday x

Back