Struggling need support

Slinkyson

Gold Member
Seriously feel like I'm going to lose the plot today :-( I really want this weight off so much but it's so hard when your sleep deprived as the day goes on I find its not so bad but in the morning till about 1pm I just feel like a zombie so fed up!

I can totally see why your not surprised to do a vlcd before 12weeks after having a baby I think it would of sent me over the edge if id of tried to start sooner than this but even now it's just so tough when Poppy is a nosey sleeper then wakes up at 5am and will not go back to sleep!!!

Now I'm getting ready for work just feel like throwing the towel in today :( I'm living on about 2 hours sleep a night :-( it's just not enough my hair has started falling out too but I don't just think this is the diet think its stress too! I'm loving planning our wedding so that has helped keep me focussed but now it's all nearly done just need to sort car and photographer out then that's it!

I'm just feeling really low and fed up seriously do not know what to do for the best I need as much weigh off as poss by Xmas so I can start dress shopping as I know dressing can take a few months to arrive so I really need the weight off quickly :-( boo

Does anyone else struggle when your tired?

Hi Slinky
I totally get where you are coming from, for me its an energy thing (or so I used to think). When I was overweight and really big I would convince myself that the extra biscuit(s) and cake and sandwich....whatever it might have been would give me the energy I needed to get through the day. Ketosis was a total revelation to me - I can get through the day......get up at 3.30am drive to work, work for 10hours straight and then drive home again and still have enough energy to watch some TV with my hubby. I am not denying I get tired - but rather I have learned to think differently about the signals my body gives me - so when I am knackered and think I cannot go another step I dont think of biscuits anymore - but a nice cup of tea and then if I really need it a shake.

Being sleep deprived is really hard - but looking after kids and working is much harder when you are overweight. I remember having two under 5's, working full time and being nearly 18stone.....how that didn't kill me I dont know.

Take every care of yourself today and treat yourself with something distracting like a hot bubble bath or a manicure. As for the hairloss - there is a vitamin on the market called Selenium which I think is good for that (Perfectil is a good brand but a bit pricey). Get it checked out in case it is not stress and something else.

Hey Slinkyson.. Sounds like you need a huge hug so I'm sending you one!!

I can't relate to the early mornings and energetic child but it sounds like you are doing great... Just hang in their and try to rest and relax when you get the chance..

Thanks ladies I'm sooooo trying I know if feel worse if I wasn't In ketosis so I'm sticking with it! It's just sooooo hard but I know it will be worth it when I'm able to play with her without getting out if breath :) I'm just fed up hopefully a good nights sleep will sort me out I know I'll sleep better when she is in her own room she's still in ours due to having reflux and risk of choking!

Oh hun, I feel your pain.

My baby is the noisiest snuffly grunty little thing when she is asleep! I don't want to put her in her room until she's 6 months but every single night I go to bed almost dreading the night!

It's really tough but you will feel so much better getting through it and accomplishing more than you ever thought possible. Just keep your wedding in mind and imagine how wonderful you will feel on your big day. And also dress shipping when you've lost weight and are able to actually try the dresses on.
When I first went dress shopping I couldn't fit in hardly any in the rack and they had to hold it over me or use elastic bands to help do it up - which was really awful. So take it from me - I wouldn't want my experience to be repeated on anyone!

Hang in there. Take each hour by hour and each day by day as it comes. Lots of water, tea, coffee, until its time for your next pack. Good luck hun. You can do this! You are stronger than you believe you are! Xx

Keep an eye on the hairloss but it is quite common in the months after giving birth to lose a fair amount of hair. This is because you stop your normal shedding while pregnant and it starts up again after birth or after you stop breastfeeding. Its just your body catching up. I had the same thing after I had my son last year and one of my friends was losing handfuls of hair about 6 months after giving birth. It soon calmed down and neither of us went bald as a result.

However with that said one of the side effects of VLCDs can be hair loss. If it starts to become a problem (ie you start balding) you may need to up your calorie intake. The guys at Slim and Save can give you advice on this though.

As for being tired - with an active toddler I know where you are coming from. I find a good cup of tea and a bar keeps me going.
Hope that helps x

Thanks everyone glad to know I'm not alone! I've just finished work for the day now but gosh it has been a struggle! Just drank loads of water, tea and coffee to get me through still feel crappy but hopefully will sleep better tonight :) xx

Thank you all again it means alot x

Back