Struggling now nearing goal...

Deb G

Silver Member
I have one more stone to lose (MY target set by ME) and I have already decided to start RTM on 9th Feb so I can eat during our half term holidays in Scotland where we'll be climbing and walking all day everyday. I probably won't hit my target by then (prob be a max of 4-5lb off it) but as you tend to lose more weight the first 4-5 weeks of RTM, and the fact that I'll be very active that week, I am not worried about it.

However, since I've set my date, I'm finding it harder than I have before. I've literally breezed through it, but now because I am planning (in my mind) the various stages of RTM and the varying food groups, I'm finding that I want to eat.

I haven't broken abstinence once, and neither do I intend to, but this last stone can't come off quick enough.:(

So, I don't really need talking down off the ledge, but would appreciate sharing of any similar feelings or views from those at a similar stage.

Thansk guys!

Hi Deb
I am not too far behind you and planning RTM for end of Feb so I am a good part of the way through when we go away on 11th April.
I still have 2 stone to go and plan to start RTM a little before I reach goal.
I am getting similar feelings to you, I am not going to stray, I haven't so far, and I know I won't, but I guess it is the crooked thinking.
I am not after junk, choc, biscuits or anything like that, but I want fish, salad, meat, veg and fruit, and real food I suppose.
I have never got this far on a diet before, I haven't been this size in 15 years and nothing is going to stop me know.
The end is so close we can taste it!
I have been feeling like this since Sunday, and have given myself a bit of a talking to. I am upping my water.
All along I have struggled a bit getting to 4L and over xmas and new year while I was away I did very poorly with it, so since Sunday I have been doing at least 4 and up to 5 and I can see it has made a huge difference in just a few days, so I am really going for it with the water in the hope I can speed things up some more.

Hi Deb, I know exactly how you're feeling because this was me all through december!

I think for a lot of people, including me, the chatterbox turns up the volume after we've lost most of our weight. Maybe because we're not quite so upset about how we look and feel any more..? Or maybe because we can almost see the end, but not quite reach it..?

I really struggled to get back into the right mind set so that I could finish the abstinence part of the programme. I had a few lapses in the end and therefore wasted a fair bit of money on those weeks! You have done really well staying abstinent.

The key thing for me was that I just had to decide how important it was to me to get rid of the last bit of weight... I was obsessing over getting to a particular weight and then really thought hard about it and decided that I don't want to go down another dress size, so I may as well stop being so hard on myself and maintain where I am!

When I had 10 pounds left to go I decided to have one more week on abstinence and really make a massive effort with water and exercise. Then I would be back in ketosis for starting RtM. This was last week and I lost 6 pounds, which I thought was fairly amazing. Today is my first day on RtM and I'm now looking forward to my salmon later on :)

I think maybe it helps to stop thinking too far ahead - go back to concentrating on each day at a time and then see how you feel at the end of the week and so on.

All the best
Monkey x x

Thanks guys - that's helped lots! Its funny - I am also only craving healthy stuff - I'm veggie so I dream of quorn and salad rather than a packet of minstrels!!!

I've had my fourth foodpack already today (usually I have 3 & 4 together at teatime) so I'll be stuck with bouillon powder for tea - will probably have a bath after weigh in and go straight to bed. I think what hasn't helped this week is that (according to my scales - I know how they show up next to LL ones) I have only lost a pound (I KNOW a pound is good, but I've got my heart set on 3 lbs a week so I can get to goal on time) so I think this is helping build up the pressure in my own mind.

I'll get through today (having an extra half pack later if necessary) and take it one step at a time and not obsess over what I can eat in February!

Anymore opinions etc most welcome - please add to this so I feel less alone! Its good to share!

I am no where near where you are Deb but wanted to post a message of support.

I know it's a bit of a cliche here but can you not chug back even more water? I made a real effort to do a min of 6 litres each day last week and I cleared 6lbs.

Good luck to you x

I drink 5 minimum a day, then other bits here and there, so I'm probably not far off six. Now I'm back at school I have to be careful because we teach in 2 hour blocks, so I can't just run off to the loo mid-lesson - I need to time my drinking.

Thanks for your support - will try to pick up the enthusiasm!!!

Update -

I went to my first developers group tonight and they are FAB! There's a couple from my foundation and the rest are new to me, but they really inspired me. I felt awful moaning about 3 more weeks on the plan when some of them have months left.

So - I am back to week one in my mind now - and I am treating each day as it comes. I have set times for my foodpacks that I am going to stick to, and follow it to the letter - 4 packs and 5 litres water. (I've been sneaking in the odd half pack here and there).

I've got a very active weekend coming up (first endurance ride of the season) so I am sure to have a good loss after my rubbish loss this week (0.8lbs). I'm pleased I've never lapsed, but the 'odd half pack' on occasion is becoming too regular - so the loss is probably my own fault.

I'm going to shut out what others say and take each day one at a time. I'll start eating again on Feb 9th and that's that!!!

Well, as I have never hit a goal, I can't offer and advice based on experience - but just want to say how well you are all doing, being so close to goal must feel wonderful, and I can't wait.

I can imagine, seeing the fininsh line right in front of you, you jst want to jump over the last 100 yards and be there - and I imagine that would play trick on your mind
(and your tummy!). I know it would mine.

Sounds like you all have really good will and determination and I am sure that will see you through.

You've done brilliantly and will inspire those of us following behind you.

:grouphugg:You are doing really well I am struggling at the moment and still have a long way to go.

You can do this Deb I am sure, have a lovely ride this weekend I envy you, but I hope to lose enough to get back on soon.

Thanks again guys for the support. You're all fab!

Hope you are feeling better Deb.

I found the same thing towards the end of development, but now you have set a date for RtM it should make it easier - I was umming and ahhhing for weeks, and hubby just made me make a decision then forget about it til then!

I was frustrated though as my losses stopped for the last two weeks of development, which meant I didn't get as close to my goal as I had intended. All seems fine now though, and should have a loss at my 2nd RtM session tonight - will let you know.

Good luck and take care,

Leesy
xox

Hi - unfortunately the last stone seems to be the hardest one to lose ! If only it went off a quickly as the first hey?

Just so you understand why the last one or so comes off sooo slowly - in women anyway!

Generally - the last fat to be used as energy is situated between your waist and you knees - this area is absolutely JAMMED packed with hormones. As the fat is transferred into energy, the hormones are released into your system and will probably affect your cycle.

You may find that although the numbers slow down on the scales, and you are following the Programme, the difference will be shown in your inch loss. Measuring yourself a bit more frequently will be a guide for you, especially as you engage with RTM.

Well done BTW........last hurdle to go :D

Deb you've done brilliantly and your new post sounds so full of enthusiasm and optimism - I'm sure that you'll get through the next few weeks just fine - well done :)

Hi - unfortunately the last stone seems to be the hardest one to lose ! If only it went off a quickly as the first hey?

Just so you understand why the last one or so comes off sooo slowly - in women anyway!

Generally - the last fat to be used as energy is situated between your waist and you knees - this area is absolutely JAMMED packed with hormones. As the fat is transferred into energy, the hormones are released into your system and will probably affect your cycle.

You may find that although the numbers slow down on the scales, and you are following the Programme, the difference will be shown in your inch loss. Measuring yourself a bit more frequently will be a guide for you, especially as you engage with RTM.

Well done BTW........last hurdle to go :D

Lilac - that is really interesting I never knew. I will prepare darling hubbie for a hormonal me in 3 months time :rolleyes:

Deb - keep us updated on your progress, much love to you.:chores016:

Thanks for the support and the info about the last stone - very interesting!

Well, it is 11.30 and I have only just had my bar - I just don't feel so hungry today - probably because I'm feeling more positive and committed (thanks to you and the group last night). I'm not panicking (like I was yesterday) about how long it is till I can eat again - I'm taking it in my stride.

Thanks again, and I will keep updating.

Well done for getting yourself back on track.
I am feeling good today too, at the back of my head there is still that 'I would love to have something to eat' voice, but it is a lot quieter than before, and I can deal with that.

I'll just add - there is a lot of anticipation and fantasy around eating after a period of abstinence..........it ain't all that.....bit of an anti-climax!

Sorry to be a party pooper - sometimes abstinence is a safe place to be........I think boundaries around your RTM is the way to go - especially in the first 12 weeks. :)

Back