Struggling On SS and need some advice

Dione

Nearly a yummy Mummy
Hi Guys,

Well i am very proud of myself but have a few questions i hope you can all help with.

I have been out all day with the hubby and kids to a fun day at my old local pub. Firstly all my old friends were telling me how good i looked. I told them i had put on over a stone and back on my CD. A few friends told me to i dont need to lose anymore. I explained how i was so unhappy with myself and feel my clothes are tight and dont like looking at myself. They understood.
Anyway as i do not have any briks left (only sachets, i could only drink 1 before we went out. I have stuck to it 100% and just got home and had my 2nd shake. I have also had 3 litres of water.

Anyway this is my problem. So far i am on day 4. When i woke up this morning i got on the scales and i have lost 4 1/4 lbs which dont get me wrong i am over the moon with. This takes me to 11st 1 3/4. Even though i have put on here that my target is 10stone, i stopped at 10 st 3 last time as i was happy with the way i looked and didnt want to look too skinny. Anyway i am sitting here thinking Dione what are you doing? You are living on shakes, its making you miserable and you are still craving food. why dont you just have a healthy evening meal????
Now i dont know if this is because there has been a huge gap between shakes or if its because i cant do it anymore. I was contemplating doing shake for breakfast, shake for lunch and then a WW meal or something but i dont know if that is wise or if i am thinking about it for all the wrong reasons.

When i look in the mirror i say to myself NO DIONE stick to it, its only SS for a week, 810 for the 2nd & 3rd week then 1000 after but then a little voice says just eat healthily like WW or SW and lose it gradually

I dont know what to do. Any advice?

Hiya Dione :)

It's only my opinion hun and previous personal experience from doing a VLCD but it sounds like you have the sabotage fairy sat on your shoulder and shouting in your ear!

As you say yourself, is it because you had a large gap between shakes? and it is day 4? maybe you hadn't had enough water?

You can only do what's best for you but if it was me I would wait and review whether I wanted to change anything after a full day of shakes, bricks and water at regular intervals and not when I was feeling like this tonight:confused:;):D

Best wishes whatever you decide,

Isis xx :)

Thanks hun. I am definately drinking the water. I make sure i have at least 3 litres a day

Im not going to make a decision tonight, i am going to stay 100% and see how i feel in the morning

I dont understand why i am feeling like this, i was so motivated last time xxx

Hiya Dione :)

You can only do what's best for you but if it was me I would wait and review whether I wanted to change anything after a full day of shakes, bricks and water at regular intervals and not when I was feeling like this tonight:confused:;):D

I agree. Wait and see how you feel in a few days and make no decisions tonight. Personally, I would stick with the CD if it is possible. I have done what you have in the past, lost a lot on CD then thought I'd try the SW route, hence my return to CD:(. However, you may have more willpower than me, I need to take food out of the equation altogether, I don't even do SS+. One taste of food and that's me - finished. I really need to address this.

Sleep on it and look at your past record. You have done well, so maybe you are only having a bad day (I know I am :cry:).

I agree. Wait and see how you feel in a few days and make no decisions tonight. Personally, I would stick with the CD if it is possible. I have done what you have in the past, lost a lot on CD then thought I'd try the SW route, hence my return to CD:(. However, you may have more willpower than me, I need to take food out of the equation altogether, I don't even do SS+. One taste of food and that's me - finished. I really need to address this.

Sleep on it and look at your past record. You have done well, so maybe you are only having a bad day (I know I am :cry:).
Thanks hun

I am the same as you, i have to take food out of the equasion to be able to succeed
i hope it is just a bad day because i cant take much more of ths:cry::mad::(

i hope it is just a bad day because i cant take much more of ths:cry::mad::(

You can!! You have done it before, and you CAN do it again. Come on, I think you are feeling like this becasue you have had such a good day with family and friends, down at the pub, they were probably drinking, you could probably smell Sunday roast and yes, it DOES get depressing. Most people understand this feeling, I know I do.

I also think that when people start telling you you look good, you don't need to lose any more blah blah, then our motivation tends to drop and we start questioning why we are doing this to ourselves. Well, we are doing it becasue we, in reality, maybe do not feel as good as others think we look. If you stop you will regret it - and I think you know that.

You make a lot of sense hun thank you ((HUGS))
Yes youre right, everyone was drinking and there was a BBQ, i stood at the BBQ for 20 mins waiting for my kids food and the temptation killed me but i did not give in, not even with the bit of sausage my youngest left lol

Your right i need to stick to it. I have my 1st WI on Thursday so i will at leat wait iuntil then. If worst comes to the worst i can always go onto 810 after WI

Thanks hun you have really helped x

ive got to go to mother in laws tomorrow for her birthday BBQ grrrrrr how much more do i have to take lol

Morning everyone,
After a full nights sleep i have decided to stck to it and as maybe baby said "take each day s it comes". I think i felt like it becuase i have had lots of family get togethers that i have had to go to this weekend and all of them involve food :(
I know you are not supposed to weigh yourself every day but i got on the scales again this morning and the scales are still going down which has made me want to stick to it even more. Looks like i am going to have a good loss this week if i stick to it :)

:happy096: Like the attitude!

:talk017: I did it!!!!!!!

I went to the inlaws for her birthday BBQ and i was 100%:clap:
There was soooo much temptation, all the food and desserts that you can imagine ( i wont go into details as i know some people on CD do not like anyone to mention foods on here). Yet i said NO!
I was asked on more then 1 occasion, which did make me a bit angry :mad: as they all know im on CD but i ignored it, said no and drank more water. I have just had my final shake and just finishing off my water, which makes 3.5 litres in total today. Ive only had 3 black coffee's today as well which is good.

I have also been mixing my shakes with 300ml of water rather then the normal amount, so i know i have done well with the water intake.

I am so proud of myself. Dont get me wrong, i could eat a horse at the moment :8855:but i am not going to. Im off to bed soon to avoid any temptation.

Hope you have all had a fantastic day xxxxx

Dione, how much water do you usually use to make a shake?

i now use 300ml to make my shakes hun xxx

I use 450ml to make a shake and I find they are much better, last longer and help towards the water intake :). Hope you are having a better day.

Well done you on resisting the temptation.....you are soo strong ......go girl..!
I also make my drinks up with more water than instructed...I use just under a pint ....makes them much more easy to get down but the water needs to be chilled.

Keep going hun ...you can do it xx

I use 450ml to make a shake and I find they are much better, last longer and help towards the water intake :). Hope you are having a better day.

How do you get it all in a glass? I just about get mine into a pint glass???

Unless i am using more then 300ml :8855:

Well done you on resisting the temptation.....you are soo strong ......go girl..!
I also make my drinks up with more water than instructed...I use just under a pint ....makes them much more easy to get down but the water needs to be chilled.

Keep going hun ...you can do it xx

Thank you hun, i have to have my water in the fridge for quite some time, makes it taste better lol. I can only have the shakes and bars though as i cant stand the soup or porridge :(

I bought a Braun container thing from e-bay that is actually to be used to mix my shakes in, like a blender beaker type of thingy. It was only £3 and it can hold 600ml of water. I just put my blender in the beaker and make it then drink it out of a straw from the beaker.

good on you - those BBQs will soon be over ..you want to lose the weight and you can do it. think how guilty you would feel if you ate at thos BBQs and put on a couple pounds.

Back