struggling right now <sad>

MissGonnaBSlim

grrrr, i have been good all day, not had a single thought of cheating and now im craving stuff.....which i wont mention....have just cooked kid's tea and im sooooo desperately tempted to cheat.

plus its my birthday saturday and i am going out but feeling like im missing out because i wont be drinking and friends will be.

i know its my own choice, and my own fault for getting to be so unhappy in myself in the first place but now im feeling that im not happy now when im changing things so whats the difference.

sorry for ranting guys....!!

aww bless how about going up for a bath while they eat? or if you have and shakes left and ur actually hungry go have that or just half if you like to spread them out. it must be soo hard when you have to cook for others sooo glad i dont, stay strong you have done soooo well so far just look at what you have achieved is a tin mouthfull of something really worth starting this all over again essentialy? i dont think so *hugs*

Hey Miss, <<<big hugs>>>

It can be really tough some days and it's amazing how much you mind can try and almost trick you into eating.

What I will say is that right now you feel unhappy, but I bet you didn't on your first, second and third weigh ins! You've done so well.

Generally the unhappiness you feel when you're feeling deprived is short lived, whereas the unhappiness you feel about yourself that makes you start CD is a lot more long lived.

I also don't think I could cook for people, so give yourself a pat on the back for doing that.

It was my birthday not long back and it does feel a little bit sad that you're not doing what you would normally. However, you are doing something SO, SO good for yourself by doing CD and it won't be forever.

I've had the same sorts of thoughts as you plenty of times and they're horrible, but they do go :) Try distraction techniques, read some of the 'bring your head inside' threads on here and take it easy.

I find a long hot bath, a hot chocolate mint and some trashy american TV works wonders for me xxx

thanks kate,

i had a toffee and walnut shake the same time the kids had their tea so not feeling hungry, just low i guess.

and i guess it dont help that i sts this week either, need to keep going, i know the results will show on the scales next week.

hot bath, girlie book, and an early night for me....and tomorrow im going shopping so thats bound to be a better day surely ???

Don't be silly!!! Ranting is to be encouraged on this diet :)
We all rant every now and then and if you do it here you're less likely to eat I reckon.

Hiya, sorry to hear you're feeling low.....Think a lot of people are this week for some unknown reason.

It was my birthday and instead of putting myself in a situation where the weekend/ night was full of food and drink, I did something totally different from the norm (dinner in favourite restaurant with other half, drinks with friends). We went to Alton Towers for the weekend and focused on the activity instead of the usual food and drink. This was a test for me and it worked. I met my girlie friends then just for coffee's instead of drinking. It was my birthday so I called the shots. Make it work for you hun if you can and try not to put yourself in situations where you'll feel left out (especially for your birthday).

Hope you are feeling back to yourself soon xxx

grrrr, i have been good all day, not had a single thought of cheating and now im craving stuff.....which i wont mention....have just cooked kid's tea and im sooooo desperately tempted to cheat.

plus its my birthday saturday and i am going out but feeling like im missing out because i wont be drinking and friends will be.

i know its my own choice, and my own fault for getting to be so unhappy in myself in the first place but now im feeling that im not happy now when im changing things so whats the difference.

sorry for ranting guys....!!

Its horrid when you feel low, but look at the bigger picture. You have lost 16lbs in 4 weeks. So if you lose a stone a month you have already got 2 lbs gone on next months stone, so you are ahead. Some people can go 2 wks sts then go & lose 5-8lbs. Sometimes your bod just needs to catch up.
Keep smiling and look fwd to the next wi:):):):)

Hi there, Sorry your feeling so rough. I felt exactly the same today but I surpose there will be bad days. Just work through it your doing great :D - sal x

Hiya, sorry to hear your down. Hope the hot bath helps and maybe a thought of buying yourself something new to wear when you go shopping tomorrow for your birthday. Maybe something that you wouldn't have worn before prior to losing the 16lbs. Just think your next birthday is gonna be extra special because you will have lost even more weight by then and feeling better than ever. Hope you have a great Birthday. Zoe x

Im the same when I cook for my own kids and my childmindered kids everyday, but what gets me through it is not cheating, each time I dont cheat and survive the kitchen its another conquest to me, then at night i take myself off upstairs and have a bath and pamper myself with firming products and pamper stuff, its the only way I can get through it, its the probably the hardest thing we have done and it takes great strenght to do this diet too, so you go girl *big hug*

it seems to me the pattern that usualy happens is that if you stay the same once week and you have been 100% you will probably have a big lose the next week so thats something to look forward too! its easy for me to say this as im only on day 5/6 you wait till i get to where you are then you may have to help me along from time to time! lol xxx

It is your birthday, do what you want to do. On my last birthday I went shopping. Walked the whole of Worcester looking for a birthday present and came back with nothing! lol.

I just cant wait for the day I am able to go shopping, pick up the size 8s and just dump them into the basket without trying them on. I have NO intention of buying any more clothes in the size i am now.

Think of positive things, set yourself an award for when you hit goal. Something you have always wanted to do - for me it is going to be a change of image. A change of clothing style, a change of hair cut and colour.

I know its hard to say, but its all about looking into the future. think how much better off you are and how much better off you will be!

Chin up, you wont be dieting forever! :)

Hiya, I feel like that every single day i think. The diet is so hard but it will be so worth it. I think what Shelz said is really encouraging. x

Im just taking baby steps, every day I manage to get through it without cheating is amazing and so far ive done three weeks, thats the most ive ever done in a life time so its a great achievement.

Cant wait to NOT shop in Evans and be able to shop in fab shops and not bother to try and and feel disappointed, so the hard work will pay off in the end.

Me too Victoria-hate Evans, can't wait for trendy clothes again. Zoe x

thank you allllll so very much, i have now managed to get through the weekend and am happily now back to where i was a few days ago in the mindset dept.......with one small difference....im feeling sooo strong for getting through the weekend without cheating.

i had a pamper evening on friday, put a colour on my hair, did my nails, defuzzed, on saturday for my birthday i had a cake which i shared around everyone and got more pleasure from giving it away than from actually eating it!

and

i went out and drank water all night pretending it was vodka and lemonade (i wasted so many bought drinks though), danced my socks off (not literally) and had a fab time!!!

so thank you all for your support girlies, you're all absolutely amazing xxx

You've done amazing! I get sad a lot feeling as though I'm missing out but it's a lie. When I'm fat I'm missing out. BTW Evans- do you not hate it when you go somewhere and the other fat person in the room is wearing the same top as you from Evans! The amount of times that has happened to me. Still I suppose it's better than when a skinny person comes in wearing the same thing in about 10 sizes smaller. ha

hahaha! yes, has happened to me several times. i guess its because fat clothes are so limited, and everyone heads to Evans.

i have vowed never to shop there again....ever! out of principle lol

Soooo cant wait not to shop in that sodding shop.

Asda George have started doing bigger clothes and I bought some from there the other day, daft thing is they fit nicer than Evans as well.

Back