Struggling so bad :(

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by x_kerry_x, 23 June 2014.

1. x_kerry_x

x_kerry_x Well-Known Member

On a massive melt down, ruined everything the past 2 weeks. Haven't been to group either!!

I just don't understand how people lose so much in a few months. I'm started January and the most I've lost is 1 stone 4! I'm not light either, 15.10!!

Someone please help me, determined to stay in track today and exercise tonight!
  2. LV30

LV30 Well-Known Member

We can give you all the words of encouragement you want. But really YOU have to do this. People lose weight because they stick with it. No-one is perfect, and no-one can do this without having a blip - planned or unplanned. It's called living. And life sometimes gets in the way of things, but ultimately, its the same for everyone. Some people are mega busy - other people not so much... but we all have to do the same thing - be good.

Just take a day at a time. If you are determined today - that's great - be good with your food today, and exercise today. Fabulous!! You've done a day.

Tomorrow, get up - REPEAT. That's what I do. I don't say to myself, I'm going to be really good for the next three weeks... yeah, right... I'm going to be good today. And then I wake up tomorrow - look you get the picture!!

It is hard. Everyone struggles. You've lost weight before - nothing stopping you from doing it again... its in YOUR hands.

Good luck.
  3. x_kerry_x

x_kerry_x Well-Known Member

Totally spot on, there's no reason why I can't follow plan. I know that rubbish food makes me feel rubbish so I don't even know why I want it!
  4. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Well-Known Member

Try to plan your foods for the next few days, include a few treats, try not to buy crap in that you'll eat & if you do buy it in for others in the house, put it out of your sight, (it works for me).

Don't get disheartened if you have a bad day, or if you even go over syns for the day, just carry on as normal, don't let 1 off plan meal/treat ruin the whole day.

Experiment with recipes & try to make pre-SW meals SW friendly.;)
  5. LV30

LV30 Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly what Michelle said. Planning is key. And lots of superfree food too!

You'll be alright. I just take one day at a time, and I haven't had a great weekend (well I did - it was great - just not food wise!!), but I knew I was going out on Friday, and I went to a BBQ on Saturday... But I didn't write the weekend off - when I wasn't having a great time eating and drinking, I WAS quite good. I tried to do some damage limitation!

Sorry, I'm not a saint, and I like pink wine and my friends and family not to join in and have a lovely time! I'll have to live with consequences. Lol.

Take care.
  6. RebekahR

RebekahR Well-Known Member

I agree plan plan plan

Go to club even if you've had a bad week

Find a buddy to txt/encourage you if you're having a wobble

You can have wine, eat cake, go for dinner and stick to plan

Write everything down. If something is a real binge food for you keep it out of the house

I know I can't do one biscuit! So I have other treats that are portioned - freddo/popcorn

You can do it, fresh start xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using mobile app
  7. Gwella

Gwella Well-Known Member

Thanks LV30 for the reminder to take a day at a time. I've been struggling to stick to it the last few weeks after a couple of trips away put a spanner in the works. Previously I was better at getting back on it after time off. I was telling myself 'I must be 100% on plan for 4 weeks to get to target', but you've reminded me that that way I will probably fall off the wagon and might go off plan for longer than if I just take a day at a time.
  8. LV30

LV30 Well-Known Member

Good - that's all I can manage! Sometimes when u try to look at the bigger picture it gets too much and it's a little daunting.
    All the best.