Struggling to drink the water

Julie1969

Hi everyone

I'm very new to this and am finding it really difficult to drink all the water I should be drinking

I manager peppermint and green tea no problem but get bored drinking it all day, but when I think about drinking water - ewwwww - I just don't enjoy it!

Any tips on how you all manage to drink enough would be appreciated

Thanks

Julie xx

Hi Julie,

I was never a big water drinker before LT. The only way I can drink it is from a litre bottle with a sports cap ie I bought a litre bottle of volvic water with the sucky top on it and i just fill it from the tap and carry it with me everywhere. Just keep taking swigs from it. I couldnt drink it from a glass YUK!! Its handy in the sense that I also know exactly how many litres I have had. 3 Bottles = 3 Lts. So I know when i need to up the intake or slow down. Hope this helps.

Oh it also helps if its really cold (for me anyway)

Niamh xxx

You can add extra water to your shakes if you are struggling. You really need to keep sipping as it will help to lose weight, keep you hydrated and help with constipation. Once you get into the habit, believe me you will enjoy it!

Clair x

Hey Julie I too was never a water drinker, I have the water beside me at all times and I just keep drinking it, if it's there I feel I HAVE to take it.

Perhaps thinking of water in a different light might help, for example what will happen if you dont take it i.e. bloatedness; constapation; headaches... no one wants that (well that's what Im convincing myself anyway).

I also found that having little goals during the day helped me at the start and then it became habit ie by such a time I will finish a pint of water and keep increasing it when your body gets used to the water intake. Bare in mind though be near to a loo to avoid unnecessary accidents ;)

Hope that helps a bit!

I struggled with the water for the first week. I've always enjoyed water, carbonated mainly but with ice and lemon. It's different though when you HAVE to have it, and no lemon either! I keep a jug of water in the kitchen. I know that that two jugs = 3 litres, but the first week I steeped a peppermint tea bag in the jug. Peppermint tea is quite pleasant cold, and one tea bag was enough to flavour both jugs full of water.

This certainly got me over the first week. However, by the second week I was craving just plain water! Got a bit pepperminted out I guess but now it's not such a problem. Maybe give the peppermint a try. I also did this with nettle and dandelion tea. Sounds gross, I know but try it. Good luck

Drinking the water intake required is harder than it seems.. but the way i do it is i drink a 1/2 litre bottle half an hour before each shake and the same after ... therefore i get 3 litres there. Then i drink 3/4 bottles throughout the day just sipping it.

Hi ,

Make Sure Its Cold As Warm Water Is Gross - Just Try Sipping It As Well x

Thank you so much for all your help.

I was invited out unexpectedly last night and drank sparkling water the whole time and actually quite enjoyed it, so have bought some myself for this week.

Just about to have my lunch time shake and have downed ½ a litre first, then will follow up with another ½ a litre.

I've not tried putting the peppermint teabag into cold water yet, but will doo.

Thanks again.

Julie xx

hi ya i too had problems drinking water and i also found that co si was mega cold, really cold in fact cudnt talk much with out stuttering , so i used to drink it hot !! not everyones choice mind but it got me through now i can have it either hot or cold and it dont bother me , anywya good luck xx

Woo hoo, I'm not struggling any more :)

Drinking before and after each shake is working for me at the minute, so I know I'm getting at least 3 litres this way.

Then in between I'm having my peppermint or green tea so I don't feel that it's always about water.

Thanks again everyone xx

Back