struggling to eat Healthy Extras

GingerJo

Hello,

Its my first week on SW (1st weigh in on Wed) and Im really enjoying it.
However I cant seem to eat/drink my HExA. I have been eating Alpen Lights for HExB but wen it comes to HEXA I have only had one this week (skinny latte).

Im not really a tea or coffee drinker and only have a latte on odd occasions. I got out of the habit of eating cheese when I lost weight before and don't really want to start again as Im afraid selfcontrol will go ou the window.

Will not eating my HExA affect my weight in any way?

Calcium is really important for loosing weight and by not having it you are not sticking to the plan so it's best to try and get it in if you can. Milk in cereal, milk in rice pudding, coffee or tea are options but with cheese could you not get things like babybel's so they are already in controllable portions? The primula light tubes are great too, I use them to make cheese sauce for lasagne or cauliflower cheese with a dash of milk. I'm sure other people will be along soon to suggest options too.

hi , I would say you really need to try and have your heathy extras . I use laughing cow light triangles a lot , I use them in place of butter , so on bread , on ryvita , in a jacket potato , in mash , in chilli ... very versatile :D

I struggle with HEXA too. I drinks tons of coffee but have it black, so never buy milk. I either have babybels, or use philadelphia light in pasta (or stuffed in a chicken!) I absolutely love cheese too, and could eat a block of it, but the babybels are definitely easier to control

Hi. I'm the other way round, I can't seem to eat my Hex B's. I don't eat bread and don't really fancy any of the others, I've been wondering if you HAVE to eat them aswel?

There are three pages of HEXBs in the book - cereals, crispbreads, cereal bars, bread, olive oil, dried cooked or canned fruit, soups - and you don't fancy ANY of them?

There are three pages of HEXBs in the book - cereals, crispbreads, cereal bars, bread, olive oil, dried cooked or canned fruit, soups - and you don't fancy ANY of them?

Hi Regfield, I like to keep my milk as my HexA for my coffee so that rules out cereals, can't stand cereal bars, eat loads of fresh fruit and make my own healthy soups so I am a bit stuck. I'll have another read through them and see if ican find something. But does it really matter if I dont have one?

Hi Parker

i tried to speak to my consultant to ask her the same question this week but didn't get a chance to. In the book it does say 1 to 2 Hex A and 2 Hex B. I rarely have 2 as I follow green and normally have leftovers for lunch. I have been doing slimming world for nearly a year and half with very slow losses. I wondered by making sure I had the 2 Hex B would my weight loss increase???????

Hi Regfield, I like to keep my milk as my HexA for my coffee so that rules out cereals, can't stand cereal bars, eat loads of fresh fruit and make my own healthy soups so I am a bit stuck. I'll have another read through them and see if ican find something. But does it really matter if I dont have one?

I have crunchy bran with a cherry activia mixed in instead of milk which is lovely,
do you use all your milk? which milk do you use?

I often dont have my other HEA. I am doing red and green plans. I love my milk so have this with cereal HEB and with all the cups of tea,coffee etc just about have enough in my allowance to add to my choc options of a night. It does say with regard to HEA one or two so if you only have one you are sticking to plan OK.

It doesn't "rule out" cereals - you can eat them with yogurt.

HEXAs are there for calcium and fat; HEXBs are there for fibre.

If you are getting enough from other sources it probably won't matter that much.

Isnt taste a strange thing! When I read your post having cereal and yoghurt together, I said out lout OMG no!!! ha ha, made me heave that. lol

How about having porridge, I buy the quaker oats one that come in individual sachets, just make it with water and add sweetner, or banana, or tsp honey [1 syn].

You could always have a bag of ryvita mini's as a B choice. I always keep a bag in my office drawer for bad cases of stomach rumbles lol x

Crumble the cereal onto the top of the yoghurt and it's just like those ones with cake bits in them or a crumble topping ;)

Isnt taste a strange thing! When I read your post having cereal and yoghurt together, I said out lout OMG no!!! ha ha, made me heave that. lol

Sorry about that!!

I love it, but we are all different. I find that milk makes cereal far too soggy and if I pop it on top of yogurt it stays nice and crunchy.

Like it soggy, that is about the only thing I am struggling with in the morning tbh! Love my milk and milky drinks, would love double the 350ml allocation. Its so nice we are all different though isnt it! Happy slimming regfield!

Like it soggy, that is about the only thing I am struggling with in the morning tbh! Love my milk and milky drinks, would love double the 350ml allocation. Its so nice we are all different though isnt it! Happy slimming regfield!

Gosh, yes, how boring if we were all the same!

Hi im going to butt in here hope u don't mind.

Oj i very rarely have my hex. I sometimes have the b"s for Live Pitta etc but not the a's. Its not effected my weight loss journey. I was breastfeeding when i started sw and continue to do so for a good 6 months into it. Concerned about nutritious stuff and sw i asked my health visitor who looked through the optimising book and made me aware of all the fruit and veg and fish with eg good source of calcium next to it.

Sw don't say you have to have ur hex. My consultant backed this up with as long as your having items that contain the essential minerals and vitamins. Have a read tonight u will be suprised. Hope this helps but after being told i need them for calcium etc too i had to seek actual medical advice and they adviced its fine not too.....although try sneaking ur hex a into angel delight like i do hehe xx

Used to love angel delight as a child. I mostly use all my HEx and I have extra coz I am doing red and green plans. Somewhere I read that if you have milk as a HEA but dont have anything else for example you could double up yr amount. Will have to ask my c about this as I dont always have cheese every day. Now with double milk whey hey, yes Angel delight, or rice pud. Yum

Back