Struggling to find willpower

Jenna99

I have no willpower anymore I've lost weight in the past and been at my very happiest- got complacent and put it back on and go back to being self conscious and unhappy taking my moods out on everyone around me!!! I just cant find willpower to stick to the plan and not eat all the foods that have put me here the overweight unhappy person I am!!!
Am I alone??? What can I do to shift my big bum in gear and lose some weight for the holidays!!!

There's probably something in life that you want more than food. For me, I'm getting married in 2yrs and afterwards we want to have a baby. I don't want to be a fat bride and I don't want an unhealthy pregnancy, so for me, I want to be a slim bride and mother more than I want food.

I don't understand why I'm finding it hard cause being fat is the 1 thing that gets me down- you'd think I'd weigh that up and stop binging on silly things!!
Im sure you'll reach you goal and be a skinny bride and fit and healthy mum!!

know how you feel jenna,it's so hard to get on track it's taken me over a year to get really motivated.How it worked for me there is a man who comes into my work he is really obese and he was telling me he has a gastric band and has lost 14 stone with it he was 28 stone when he got it in.....I thought he was a hell of a lot fatter than me but when he said he was 14 stone I went sick I was over 3 stone heavier than him he was narrow at the shoulders but really huge round the tummy and hips.I said to 2 of the woman in work am I fatter than him and they took to long to answer me.I was deffo kidding myself cos i didn't think I was THAT fat even tho' I was over 17 stone.That was my wake up call even tho my doc told me all my ailments are due to being overweight it still didn't stop me eating...
Got myself motivated now and I hope somone or some thing will give you your kick start,good luck in losing all the extra lard you don't need.xxxx

Jenna99 said:
I don't understand why I'm finding it hard cause being fat is the 1 thing that gets me down- you'd think I'd weigh that up and stop binging on silly things!!
Im sure you'll reach you goal and be a skinny bride and fit and healthy mum!!

Hi Jenna, I know how you feel but i find then when I feel fattest is when I eat my worst. I started doing a bit of exercise and kidded myself that my tummy looks miraculously flatter after only one week, it doesn't but it gave me the motivation to do it coz I want my scales to show what my mind sees, if that makes sense. When I think of myself as fat all the time I tend to eat more junk, it's after the weeks that I gain (usually a *week) that I leave group and have fish and chips or something for tea.
Dunno if thats just me but thought id put it out there.......

Dreamslim you just described me to a T.. Today for instance I've had a rubbish day finding something in this heat that looks ok?? A mission in itself!!
So I go in to the kitchen and have a sausage sandwich - and a twirl oh and half a tube of pringles!!! I could cry at the end of every failed day :-(

Pearshape good for you for finding motivation from somewhere I hope something kicks me in to shape!!!

Jenna99 said:
Dreamslim you just described me to a T.. Today for instance I've had a rubbish day finding something in this heat that looks ok?? A mission in itself!!
So I go in to the kitchen and have a sausage sandwich - and a twirl oh and half a tube of pringles!!! I could cry at the end of every failed day :-(

Pearshape good for you for finding motivation from somewhere I hope something kicks me in to shape!!!

I know, and the hardest thing is kicking that mindset. Don't get me wrong, I still get days where I feel fat and take a trip to the Chinese or whatever but for the most part I have convinced myself that I look better and because of that I automatically feel better. I've only lost 11lbs so doesn't make a huge difference but as long as I keep convincing myself that my legs or belly or arms are skinnier it helps to motivate me.
It's gotta be worth a try right?

Oh most defiantly- I'm gonna start a fresh as of tomorrow!!! Im going to stay focused 100% and see if it lifts my mood!! How much do you want to lose x

Jenna99 said:
Oh most defiantly- I'm gonna start a fresh as of tomorrow!!! Im going to stay focused 100% and see if it lifts my mood!! How much do you want to lose x

Well from my original weight I want to lose 3 stone at least coz that puts me in my 'healthy bmi' bracket but ideally another stone on top of that but gonna decide as I get close (if I get close, lol). How about you?

Well after a holiday gain I'm
Back up to wanting to lose 2 and a half stone!! I'm not bothered if it doesn't happen overnight as I want to stay slim for life

Jenna99 said:
Well after a holiday gain I'm
Back up to wanting to lose 2 and a half stone!! I'm not bothered if it doesn't happen overnight as I want to stay slim for life

Ah, well this is the problem with me to a certain extent I am happy to lose slowly but then when I only lose a lb at weigh in I'm disappointed. Lol. No satisfying me. Hehe.
I've lost 11lb so far but that's been in 2 months coz I had 3 weeks for my birthday/exam period where I went off plan so I have 2 stone 3lb to lose to hit the ideal bmi weight so we're pretty similar. :)

dreamslim said:
Ah, well this is the problem with me to a certain extent I am happy to lose slowly but then when I only lose a lb at weigh in I'm disappointed. Lol. No satisfying me. Hehe.
I've lost 11lb so far but that's been in 2 months coz I had 3 weeks for my birthday/exam period where I went off plan so I have 2 stone 3lb to lose to hit the ideal bmi weight so we're pretty similar. :)

Good luck and I hope you get there!!
I just want this so much I'm determined to do it this time :)

Hi Jenna,

How about writing a list of the reasons you want to lose weight, and sticking it on the side of the fridge? Make sure you read it - every day! It'll remind you why you're doing what you're doing.

I also, when tempted, think how terribly guilty I always feel after I eat something I know I shouldn't. That guilt is ALWAYS worse than the temporary joy of a cake!

Wow all this advice is really good :) In addition, as stupid as this may sound, have a browse round you're fav clothes store online (or in store) and thinking that would look amazing when I lose weight :) It might just be me but it works.

Also being busy and pro-active is good - getting up early and having a busy, very productive day makes me feel a lot more motivated than having a lie in on the weekends at 2pm and fancying a pizza.

Believe in yourself you can do it! :) xxx

Thanks for all the replies- I've woken ip feeling positive and ready for the challenge! It's not going to be easy as there's too many people out there willing to fail- but I will get there eventually!! This is a great site with loads of advice and support!! X

Back