Struggling to get back into it

PogMoma

Silver Member
Hi,

I joined this site today and this is my first post here.

I gained about 16kg over a year which happened when I quit smoking/started on the pill/had easy access to all sorts of yummy food at work all day long - all at the same time.
I hit my 'omg what am I turning into' moment end of 2010 and since then I've been on and off diets.
I've still got 7kg (just over a stone) to lose to get back to normal but I'm really struggling.
I lost about 12kg on the Dukan diet (June - October 2011) but I just couldn't continue anymore.
Now I'm at a stage where I've stopped everything, not quite gone back to old habits but I can feel the weight slowly creeping back up again.

Please can anyone suggest what I can do?
I've done Herbalife (hungry all the time), Diet Chef (terrible wind), Go Lower (no change in weight or inch loss) etc.

Last edited:
I'm counting calories. Its the only diet I feel like I could stick to for a long time or even the rest of my life. To help Im using an app called myfitnesspal but they have a website too. It has the calories for everything so evdn when im out and about i can just type something in and its there.

What diet are you thinking of going with?

I've considered doing Atkins this time round. I've not tried it before but I know the high protein low carb works for me.
I'm a bit worried about the long term affect to be honest tho, even if it does help me lose weight.

I tried counting calories very briefly before I got onto the Dukan but it always made me feel hungry so I would binge more.
Do you not find this at all?

Sometimes. But I haven't found a diet that doesn't make me hungry. If I end up being bad I usually just cut down on other days to make up for it. X

Ahhh... this is so tough. The high protein ones def don't make you feel hungry but you get so fed up with the lack of carbs!
Thanks for replying to my post x

Hi there! I'm doing Slimming World, and it is AMAZING, when I started last year i lost 10.5lbs in my first 2 weeks! Unfortunately I went on holiday in April of last year and since then have put on all the weight i lost plus more so I'm back again to get it off once and for all!!! Slimming World focuses on how you cook things rather than cutting things out and restricting yourself so it;s a nice plan to follow if you love your food and dont want to feel hungry! Good luck with whatever you choose!

Hi Louise, funnily enough I am considering Slimming World now as well. It seems more like a way of life rather than restricting things temporarily just to lose weight. I hope you do well this time round and stick to it, it really does sound like a sensible diet!

Back