Struggling to get back on track

united99

Hi All,

Ok so been trying for a month now to get back to sole source, I did the diet over a year ago then had a baby but don't seem to be able to do it this time round.

Morning/Afternoon are fine but it comes to the evening & I just can't not have something, I think it's because I am so busy during the day with the little one but he goes to bed between 7-8 so maybe I should just have a bath & go to bed myself until I have got the first week done ??

Does anything think it might be worth doing 810 or 1000 for a while then try to cut down to sole source ?? Any advice would be great.

Thanks

I have been going to bed really early the first week because it stops me eating and I feel quite tired! However there is no way I can continue this I just have too much to do on life as Im sure do you, but it has helped me get throught. Why dont you do ss+ rather than going all the way to 810? Then you could have your green and white meal in the evenings? Good luck whatever you decide remember you have done this before you can do it again and it does get easier!!

Hi Jayney,

Yeah that's a good idea, I hadn't looked at ss+ as i thought it was just adding milk ??

It is just so hard isn't it but it has to be done, just have to be positive about it once I start seeing the big losses it will give me the push to carry on, I think part of it was my CDC has been away so have not had a weekly weigh in but that's back on track next week so that may help too I guess.

Good luck with your your's too :)

Hi united99

Its hard to advise anyone else on what they should try, but I certainly could not have contemplated the SS diet, I have always done SS Plus.

I don't want to have food around (I live on my own, which makes that possible) so I have 4 packs a day. I should have the added milk, but I don't bother as I don't miss tea and I am used to drinking black coffee (french origins with my grandmother, so was brought up to think coffee without milk was quite sophisticated!)

I am happy with my losses on SSplus (34 pounds in 8 weeks and 5 days) but more so, I feel that the extra bit of sustenance improves my overall outlook and well-being, hope that makes sense!

Hi united99

If you are doing Step 1B, there are 2 choices;

option 1 is 4 cd packs, plus 200mls of skimmed milk

option 2 is 3 cd packs plus a small daily meal -its all in a booklet from CD counsellor but for example - one protein rich food such as

120g chicken or turkey breast without skin, or 190g cod, haddock or other white fish, or 225g cottage cheese (reduced fat) or 250g steamed tofu,

and one serving (2 tablespoons) of vegetables such as

green salad leaves, eg rocket, lamb's lettuce, watercress, raddiccio, littlegem/romaine
celery, cucumber, red radishes, courgettes, marrow, spinach, kale etc

List in booklet has further food choices.

Back