Struggling to have super free

Footy mum

hi all, back on plan after about 6 months off and gaining back all my weight. I'm doing at at home with support from this group and using the knowledge of the many times I've been a group member. Anyway I seemed to have slipped quickly back into my old habit of eating plenty of free food but not so much of the super free. Anyone got any ideas how to add it to meals sneakily or more exciting than lettuce beside everything? All help appreciated, thanks x

Why is it a struggle? Are you not a fan of fruit/veg? To be honest I do tend to have a salad for lunch, or soup, and evening meal is usually meat or fish based with stir fry veg or salad again. Obv in chilli's and spag bol you can add your tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, carrots etc to the sauce x

Why is it a struggle? Are you not a fan of fruit/veg? To be honest I do tend to have a salad for lunch, or soup, and evening meal is usually meat or fish based with stir fry veg or salad again. Obv in chilli's and spag bol you can add your tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, carrots etc to the sauce x
Hi, yes I am a fan of fruit and veg (I'm a vegetarian) But I prefer chips to salad lol. If I have a snack it's mostly fruit but my meals sometimes lack the super free I'd have porridge or branflakes for breakfast, lunch might be fried egg on toast (I have green only days so can have two hex b) and dinner sw chips, quorn sausage with peas or quorn spag bol. I'm not a massive fan of just salad and would maybe need to learn how to make them a bit more exciting!

Hi,
I understand completely. Pre Sw, I would have maybe steak and chips with a fried egg (not a veg in sight!) or chicken or pork in some kind of sauce with rice but hardly any extra veg. In the sauce there'd be onions and mushrooms but that's it.
Now, I make a conscious effort to put a portion of steamed carrots/cabbage/ roasted butternut squash, etc on the plate too. This takes up space and ultimately means I eat less carbs which I think is the idea.
Having a fruit salad afterwards, defeats the object but so many people do this.

With your salads, have you tried mixing a bag of baby leaves or mixed leaves with a chopped up iceberg? Or adding some grated raw beetroot and carrot? Chopped apple can be nice too.
I also like to add a scattering of tinned sweet corn. Not super free I know but tasty and colourful. Sliced peppers, maybe your Hex A of cheese in tiny chunks? A sprinkling of sunflower or pumpkin seeds are nice too.

Thanks Pootle I like the idea of apple or sweet corn in the salad and the seeds. I don't always use my hex a so I might use the cheese too. Being on green days it's all too easy to use rice, pasta or potatoes as my staple foods I'm going to try and introduce more med veg and country veg and see how I get on this week then.

Well I thought the third super free was a recommendation and brought in for EE plan. I do red days only and I don't always have super free with meals and it's never held my losses back. Long as the plan is working for you I wouldn't worry about it too much x

Ah thanks 3106Catherine and Pootle, panic over then. I'll carry on with what I'm doing and if loses seem to slow down I'll mix it up with more veg :)

Agree with above x 1/3 superfree was introduced for extra easy but unless hit a plateau I would stick to what you know and works xx

I eat my porridge with grated carrot or courgette in it. Adds bulk to the meal, not to mention some super-free goodness and you really can't tell its there.. might be worth a try, you might like it! I never have porridge without vegetables now :D

Now its winter I eat a lot of stews, casseroles and hot pots, its easy to work your super free into them. Plus soups for lunch.
I always seem to loose more on weeks I've made a conscious effort to add in more fruit and veg.

Back