Struggling to start

Principessa N

Minimins Addict
I really want to do this diet and stick to it and be successful, but i just can't seem to get started. Theres always something that gets in the way, always an excuse and i usually don't realise what i've done until the days been completely sabotaged. Its like housework or DIY you no it has to be done and it needs to be done, but you just don't want to get off the sofa.
Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and how you got over the hurdle.
My motivation is fitting into a wedding dress but even that isn't getting me motivated.
:banghead:

Hiya, I was exactly the same way as yourself before I started the lt diet and believe me I used every excuse in the book of why I shouldnt be dieting until one day I had a long look at myself and my problems and decided enough was enough. Like yourself I am also wanting to get in to my wedding dress but I got so lazy I just didnt want to move. Like my dad always says "never put off till tomorrow what ya can do today", if ya really want to lose the weight then ya have to make up your mind and just go for it. Nobody can make up your mind for ya only ya can do it. Check out when the earliest class will be and go for it, dont set yourself long term goals and take each day one at a time. Always think positive and believe in yourself, we can all do anything if we put our mind to the test. All the best with your weight loss journey. This is site is also good and motivational to all whether ya are feeling down or feeling happy but just keep posting after all we are all here for the same thing no matter what diet we are on. Keep in touch, take care.

I really want to do this diet and stick to it and be successful, but i just can't seem to get started. Theres always something that gets in the way, always an excuse and i usually don't realise what i've done until the days been completely sabotaged. Its like housework or DIY you no it has to be done and it needs to be done, but you just don't want to get off the sofa.
Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and how you got over the hurdle.
My motivation is fitting into a wedding dress but even that isn't getting me motivated.
:banghead:

you can only loose weight when your in the right frame of mind. i always reach 'that point' the point where i look in the mirror and realise now is the time. when my clothes arent fitting and my stomach is hanging out and i just look like a big pudding that was the turning point for me. and when i got to that point instead of hating myself and sinking lower and lower and continuing to eat badly i turned it into a positive and looked in the mirror and used my weight as inspiration to change. sw is a great plan, it fits in with your life even at the hardest of times. if you have an event to go to or strugglign at certain points everyone will be able to help you out here and give you advise on how to get through it. theres no way of 'blowing the diet' with sw, its more about keeping going and you will get there eventually.

You need to summon up some massive willpower from somewhere and also maybe get rid of the bad stuff in your cupboards. Stock it up with SW friendly stuff, and make yourself eat something that is free if you're feeling tempted by something naughty. Much easier said than done, I know :)

Oh yes and Im sure we have all been there but until you are really ready you wont be able to start :(
Have you got pics of yaself now? Maybe take a few - stick on fridge or as ya screensaver and everytime look at it that may spur you on?
xxx

Back