Struggling to use syns

claras

I started SW 6 weeks ago on EE. Its the first time I've ever been on a diet, before I've been a rubbish eater, just eating when I'm hungry & normally just sandwiches etc.

Up to now, I've lost 8lbs - 5 of that was in the first week, and then another 3 a couple of weeks ago. The last 2 weeks, I've STS despite being 100% of the EE plan. The thing I struggle with is using my syns. I get to the end of the day, like now - its 10.15pm & I've only used 2 syns. So pretty much every day is like this for me. I'm not hungry so don't really want to eat anything, but I'm forcing myself to eat something to get me to at least 5 for the day.

I'm doing original this week to try to kickstart some weight loss, & its filling me up even more.

My question is, I suppose, scientifically, is it necessary for me to go & eat a little bar of chocolate or an alpen light to get me to 5 syns a day?

Have you thought about using your syns within your meals?

A spoon of mayo on a sarnie, use a tablespoon of olive oil to fry something, gravy on your dinner.

There are lots of ways you can incorporate a few syns into your regular meals without having to force yourself to eat something you really don't want.

And you could always indulge in a glass of vino or something alcoholic once in a while to use a few syns.

If u look at my food diary today I had 12.5 syns in the day spread quite evenly.

2.5 was brekkie now quorn sausages have got syns

3.5 was lunch

4.5 was evening meal

2 was snack

So you can see if u work them in they easily add up.

Good luck! Perhaps change to full fat cheese or milk so u need to syn above your hex a allowances ?

X

But to be honest, you are already well within the healthy BMI range for someone of your height and your goal weight is at the lower end of that range. You have a lost a lot of weight over a short period considering you are in the normal range so it is to be expected that your losses may be slower. Your stay the sames are probably just your body's reaction to losing so much so quickly.

Your syns are there not to promote losses but to ensure you do not feel deprived and make the plan sustainable in the long-term. Do you see yourself eating only free and superfree foods for the rest of your life? What did you eat before SW? Having a few syns every day won't affect your losses so go for it.

Back