struggling with breakfast ideas

pinkflamingdaisies

hiya, i usually only have 5-10 mins at home until i have to dash out the door for work but im really struggling with breakfast, i never have enough time to make cereal, fried brekkie etc and my canteen at work only does bad fried breakfasts :-(

any ideas? ps i HATE magic porridge so please dont suggest that :)

If that 5-10 minutes is time to yourself you could make beans on toast. If not, I'd suggest a cereal bar as above or fruit & yogurt, thats filling.

you could try chopping up some fruit the nite before and leaving it in the fridge,, take out in the morning and pour some muller light or fat free natural yogurt on top

Have you thought about non-traditional breakfasts? For example, make a BLT or some other sandwich using a wholemeal roll or the wholemeal bread as your heXB, and then grabbing it on the way out of the door?

That, or a cereal allowance using either your milk, or putting fat free yoghurt on the top and chopping fruit up into it (or even adding frozen fruits to save time) to bulk it out for a filling meal?

My first thought was to get up a little earlier but if thats not possible then I have a breakfast plastic container - made by 'sistema' its a pot with klip on lid and inner container to hold the milk, so cereal in the botom followed by inner full of (measured) milk, it also has a 2 piece spoon in the bootom of the inner.
I make up my ceareal pot before I go to bed and pop in the fridge - ready to go first thing in the morning, I take it work with me as cannot face food first thing.

Back