Extra Easy Struggling with HEA

yummymummy1985

I've been doing sw ee since Monday and really struggling with my HEA, I do t drink tea or coffee and generally not a lover of milk and also don't really eat cheese! Is it a problem if I dont have it?! I'm 22 weeks pregnant and even when I'm not on sw I don't eat much cheese or have milk so I do t see a problem but just wondered what everyones veiws were :)

Being pregnant you really need to try and get some calcium down you!
Have you thought about having chocolate milkshakes? Or melting cheese on top of food? 1oz isn't really all that much :0)
Or if all else fails do you like yoghurt? You could have yoghurt instead maybe?
I might be wrong but I think you're reccomended to have 3 portions of dairy a day.

I can't c it being a prob if u don't usually have much calcium by not having milk or cheese normally love, I would make up for it by eating green veg like spinach, curly kale, watercress and spring greens as they r full of calcium xx all the best love xx

Ooh yeah... I always forget about calcium in brocolli etc... it seems so random!!! I think there's calcium in pregnancy multivits aswell?

I have yogurts everyday well at least one and do try with the cheese but I just don't fancie it lol thanks all

There is very strong evidence that eating dairy calcium will massively help fat loss. Also, as you are pregnant you need to make sure you consume enough calcium to avoid the foetus stealing calcium from your bones which could lead to osteoporosis in later life.

Do you like hot chocolate? My OH went overboard whn I was pregnant trying to make sure I got enough calcium as I dont like milk. He made me a hot choc every morning and night

The healthy extras are a vital part of the eating plan so it is important that you try to have at least one HEA choice.
Why not buy yourself some Babybel's to snack on or something or maybe have your allowance of milk as a milky coffee or something :)
xxx

here are some FAQ's about Healthy extras which might help you hun xxx

Q: Do I have to eat all my Healthy Extras every day?
A: It won't affect your weight loss if you don't take all your Healthy Extra choices. However, the Healthy Extra section is there to ensure a balanced diet, so from a health point of view we recommend that you enjoy all your Healthy Extras each day.

Q: Can I mix and match my Healthy Extras by halving the portions?
A: Yes, if you like - you’ll still lose weight beautifully! The downside is your speed and fibre symbols would have to be ignored unless your two halves had identical symbols. However, mixing and matching couldn't be done when there are multiple items in one choice, e.g. 28g Kellogg's All-Bran 1 Ryvita Multigrain crispbread. With all single item choices, feel free!

Q: How are Healthy Extras decided?
A: The foods listed as Healthy Extras help to ensure that you get everything you need for a healthy, balanced diet by providing a daily intake of foods rich in fibre and calcium, vitamins and minerals. Although some products sound as though they are suitable to be chosen as a Healthy Extras, for example brown rice, they don't contain enough fibre and/or calcium.

Q: When following Green or Original should I have one or two Healthy Extra ‘a’ choices each day?
A: It’s totally up to you. If you feel that you’re eating plenty of Free Foods rich in calcium e.g. low fat cottage cheese, low fat fromage frais, then one ‘a’ choice will be enough to keep you healthy. If you’re not having many calcium rich foods at all e.g. you take your tea or coffee black, you don’t have many calcium rich free foods, then go for two - it certainly won’t damage your weight loss.

Back