Struggling with my water intake

Jo B

I have never been a great water drinker and throughout LL I have had problems with the water intake. Just recently though I have really struggled with it and am probably managing around about 2.5 litres a day. I'm just not thirsty and the thought of drinking more of the stuff turns my stomach. I am better in the morning but come the afternoon I just don't want anymore. The last couple of weeks my losses have started to drop off and I am sure it is partly down to the water consumption. I don't like the water flavourings so for the last 16 weeks I have had just plain water and I am sick of it! I have just hopped on the scales and have lost nothing since last Thursday (my weigh in day). I've got another 28 pounds to go and I really don't want it to take any longer than it has to!
Has anyone else had similar problems and what have you done to help it? Thanks guys xx

Hey Jo

Although I don't struggle with the water, I find that it really helps me to have a jug of iced tea and iced coffee in my fridge - especially if you don't like the water flavourings. It really is refreshing and tastes great. I also drink one or two hot coffees in the morning in my travel mug which can easily be 1l. Do you drink sparkling mineral water or soda? I treat myself occasionally to a posh water if I am out and about, like a San Pellegrino or a Badoit. Really nice for a change.

Hope this helps :)

Jez
xx

Have you tried using a straw? I know it sounds silly but as it doesn't really touch the tongue you dont have to taste it to get bored and you drink it a lot quicker. No harm in trying!

aw babes i feel for you ive just finished my 3rd bottle with still one more to drink before bed :| and its 8.40pm!!
Ive never been a big drinker but i have found using a straw has helped and using the water flavourings :D
Just got to chug chug chug haha!! ;)
xxx

2.5ltr in a day isn't bad at all.

At the start I was having about 4-5ltr each day, but now I just can't keep that up, probably only have around the 2-3ltr mark too.

The closer you get to goal, your losses will probably drop off as it's takling a lot less calories to keep you going each day as you are lighter, and so you burn less calories each day = less loss in a week.

I notice from your stats that you haven't had a STS week yet (stay the same). Most people have that happen at least once, I know BL had quite a few weeks where she only lost a few ounces, but it all adds up in the long run.

Keep going, the great thing about LL is that provided you don't cheat it HAS to work, it can't not! :)

Thanks as ever - will definitely try the straw route at work tomorrow. You're right Pete, I haven't had a STS week, THANK GOD! I do hope it's not about to start now as well! Not a morsel of food has passed my lips in the last 15 weeks and nor will it. The only thing that I haven't followed to the letter is the water. It seems to be since milk week that my losses have dropped off, not sure if it's related at all - what do you think?

Hi Jo, i don't have a problem with the water issue, but yes my losses have slowed down sooo much & i can't take anymore as well, as i have at least min another 2 st to lose like yourself. I will be starting lite as soon as i get my bmi down to below 30 (as my health has gone downhill), constant dizzy spells, blurred vision, perids have stopped and weakness.

For the water side i suggest you either try using a straw ( as it does help) and also drinking room temp water rather than cold (not sure how you drink yours as yo didn't mention it) but room temp water i have been drinking from the beginning & find it really helps. good luck hun :)

You have averaged a 4.89 loss every week. How can you feel bad about that? ;) Sometimes we need to look at the big picture.

I only averaged a 4 pound loss a week on the 35 weeks I abstained....so you are having fantastic losses.

SOmetimes, you are just going to have smaller losses then others. Thats just the way it is hon - but it DOES come off - ALL of it, in the end. Promise!!!

You are doing great - try to steer away from focusing on things that maybe don;t meet your expectation, as it will only get you down.

You are rockin it, and carry on, before you know it you will be DONE!! :D :D :D

Seriously - you are doing great, and right on track. :_)

Milk week should not slow down post-milk week weigh ins. It is simply what your bods doing in its own processing, etc. You can;t change it, so relax and enjoy the ride to the new slim you!!

xx

BL said:
It is simply what your bods doing in its own processing, etc. You can;t change it, so relax and enjoy the ride to the new slim you!!

Took the words right outta my mouth :)

Seriously, as BL says, if you are sticking to it 100% then that's all you can do. If you body decides to lose less this week, then that's just the way it is sadly. I've been stuck on 1 or 2lb losses for over 2 months now, it's just what my body is willing to loet go at this time I guess!

Wise words from all - thank you! I am just impatient!

Its a shame you don't like the water flavours - that's what kept me going during abstinence (expensive though!) I'd get through two pots every three weeks. I still only managed about 2-3 litres a day. I wouldn't worry too much about the water - you're still losing weight at a good rate and that's what counts

If it comes to it. And nothing else has worked and you hate water flavourings. Then you just gotta chuck it back. I get tired of the water by mid afternoon but find myself not at 4 ltires. I set my alarm for every 20 mins, and when it goes off I take 5 gulps of water.

That way you arent thinking of water constantly and the bit where you have to drink it is only 5 gulps and a few seconds but you will get it down.

I measured it, and I find 5 gulps every 20 mins equates to .33 litres an hour.

Back