struggling with out much loss!!

emilyj

So I have done 6 days off attack and I know I should be happy but I only lost 7.8 lbs, If I had lost this as a pound a day I am sure I would find this fine but the last 3 days I stayed the same the first two then today (day 6) I lost 0.2 lbs:confused:. today is my first day of Cruise and I am just thinking if I had stopped dropping on attack whats going to happen now??? I have a lot of weight to loss (8 stone!) so I normally drop the weight off quickly. I have stuck to the diet to the letter. has this happened to anyone else, I just feel lost doing this diet at the moment!

Emily

Can you let us see details of what you're eating? Don't lose sight of over half-a-stone gone in a week though! :D

P x

ok so this is what I had yesterday

8am two boiled eggs with two slices of turkey bacon

10am cottage cheese

12 noon ham low fat thin slices (first time I have had these normally have say two chicken or turkey steaks but didn't get home in time!)

3pm organic pancake with spice

8pm (kids wouldn't go to bed!ggrr) steak with cottage cheese and mustard and black pepper
thanks for the reply

Emily

Eat more!!! Also, ham's not great. Try and stick to clean food your cook yourself :D

Is your pancake, your oatbran?

P x

I don't normally have the ham but I got stuck! and yes its the pre packed dukan ones that way I don't have to think about it to much at the beginning. Really eat MORE it just feels wrong as Im full lol. thanks for the help I feel out of my comfort zone doing the dukan diet as I have done vlcd in the past but put ALL the weight back on as soon as I stopped, being able to eat loads just doesn't add up in my head I keep woring out the cal totals aaahhhh

Emily - relax - 7lb is amazing - you have to eat more though and i would stay away from prepacked ham - make sure you always have something in you can snack on - tons of tuna, sf jelly, ff cottage cheese, ff natural yoghurt, dukan muffins- there is so much you can eat on dukan so fill ya boots!!! you cant expect miracles overnight but dukan does work and because all the protein stops you feeling hungry its easy to follow too - I had a lot to lose like you and I must have done every diet under the sun before dukan but this is the only one I found that kept the hunger pangs at bay and after a while your cravings for bad things will disappear - it took me a year to get to target with dukan ( I lost seven stone) and I've been at target a year now which I know I couldn't have done with any other diet - stick with it and it will work - don't get too obsessed with weighing yourself it can mess with your head - if you're sticking to the rules you will lose weight - some weeks on cruise I would not lose and then another I would lose four pounds - but everyone's body is different!! Don't let the scales put you off - stick with it and the weight will drop off - it's an amazing diet and will soon become a way of life - good luck - everyone on this forum is amazing and so supportive - any questions just ask xx good luck :)

Hey that loss is amazing, a fabulous start. As has been said the more pure protein you eat the more you loose, drink plenty, Be a chicken monster a chicken a day (if you can ) and see the weight move xxx

thank you all for your messages, you all stopped me from over thinking (something I do a lot!) I upped my food intake yesterday and this morning I have lost one pound yay. with the water intake, my mother in law how has lost loads on this diet and signed up to dukan keeps saying I am drinking to much and that I shouldn't drink more then 2 ltr and that if I do I will get water retention!! is this really right? she says they keep on about it on the dukan site. She has also said the they say only one egg a day, only one sf jelly a day. any light on these things would be of great help.x

Emily

Many of us have found the Dukan site to be, um, less than helpful ...!! Back last summer, Joodlebob did a thread about the bizarre and contradictory things they said (one of which was to eat a banana!!).

Drink plenty of water and eat plenty of eggs - even the old scaremongering myth about eggs being bad for cholesterol has recently been dis-proven.

P x

I've never restricted my eggs - I have what I want and always have!! You aren't supposed to eat a full packet of sf jelly a day - which I did try to stick to but if there were days when I really wanted more than I had it - better to do that rather than risk cheating with something really bad!! Hope you're doing ok xx

thanks I have the sugar free jelly pots and one every other day, I have stuck with it and lost 10.8 lbs now so happy with that, I have to day I am struggling with lots of things in my life at the moment and now a new medication so if I can stick with it through this then I can do it through anything lol.xx

Hang in there and keep posting xxx

I think it's one 'packet' of sf jelly per day, not one jelly. I make 5 jellies out of one packet and the most I've had is 3 in a day. I think it's limited to one packet because of the sweetener in it, which may give you the whoosh fairy if you have too much!. And with eggs, the recommended is one egg per day for those with cholestral problems, otherwise unrestricted. I don't think I have cholestral probs but to be safe I just have one, sometines 2 in omlettes, and don't worry about the ones I use to make muffins.

The Dukan site is very confusing at times I get the impression it's a work in progress, so it's whatever works for you ultimately.

Good loss so far, keep going its worth it!

Well I have stuck with it and it is working, I have put a pound on in two days BUT I full know why, I hadn't gone to the loo for two days but have now sorted that so hope for a drop tomorrow. I have just started taking Aripiprazole that isn't supposed to be great for your weight so I am hoping that doesn't slow things down to much, does anyone else take this? Thank you all so much for you help, your all stars.

Hey there Emily,

I agree with Pauline that you're not eating enough and it is difficult to get your head around that at first especially if you're fresh off other diets. I would also suggest that you check your liquid intake. You need to drink enough water without flooding yourself. It's something I really struggle with because I could just continue to drink water all day and have to limit myself.
Also, I've gone three weeks without losing weight on the Dukan Diet before and then lost quite a bit all in one go. It looks bad and it can be discouraging but you have to stick with it. A lot of these ladies on here are living proof that this diet works so place a bit of faith in it :)

Sam

Hey Emily, keep up the good work :D.

Back