struggling with Slimming world

meesh

Hi there, I am new here and have been doing SW on and off since Sept 09 between them and xmas I managed to lose 10lbs and was thrilled. I haven't been great since xmas and last week I have been so good and logged everything that I have eaten-but got on the scales this morning to find that I have only lost 1/4lb-am devastated and do not know where I am now going wrong. Before christmas I was tending to have a couple of bad days in a week due to parties etc and then be extra good to make up for it-now I am doing what I should and its not happening. To top it off I am being a bridesmaid in June and the dress does not fit and I must get in to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

well done on your loss so far

If i was you i would post your menus on here and see if people can see where you are "going wrong" (if you are)

also make sure you have your syns, vary your food and dont have the same thing all the time and drink lots of water

Good luck x

Good idea! It may just be what you were eating before catching up with you and biting you on the bum. Move on and look forward to the next week of 100%

Ok so here is my food diary for last week(extra easy)
Monday
Breakfast- 2 alpen lights/pot low fat cottage cheese
Lunch-pasta n sauce/ muller light
dinner sw sausages (made from recipe) pots, veg , gravy (2.5syns)
sw rice pudding made from recipe with 2 tsp jam (2 syns) (4.5 syn total for the day)

Tuesday
breakfast-scrambled eggs with tomatoes

lunch- ham sandwich (salad cream 1syn), cherry tomatoes, mullerlight, 2 kiwis

Dinner- sw chips, bacon with fat cut off and spaghetti (bbq sauce 2 syns) total syns 3

Wed
breakfast- 2 kiwi, 2 tangerines

lunch ham sandwich (salad cream 1 syn) mullerlight, pot low fat cottage cheese

dinner spaghetti and meatballs( sw recipe-free)

snacks- sugar free jelly(1/2) and 3 tbs evap mil (3 syns) 2x hobnobs (8syns) Total 12 1/2 syns

Thursday

breaky-1 muffin with spaghetti and 28g cheese (HE)

lunch -low fat super noodles grapes and mullerlight

dinner -bolied pots. grilled chicken, peas/sweetcorn
syns -mayo -2.5, winegums 4.5, sugar free jelly -0.5 2 tbs evap -2
total 10.5

friday
breaky-2 plums

lunch ham sandwich, cherry toms, mullerlight

dinner jacket pot with tuna salad

syns- salad cream (pot and sandwich ) 3, wine gums 4.5, alpen light bar 3
total 10.5

saturday
breaky- 28g muesli with strawberries and blueberries

dinner pork loin, jacket, salad and sweetcorn
syns-mayo-2.5 apple sauce 1- total 3.5

Sunday
breaky
bacon, egg, beans, toms 2 toast

dinner-rosits (sw recipe) gammon, salad, mullerlight

syns-butter(toast) 3, salad cream 2, 2 choc digestives -8
Total 13.

most of it looks fine tho mistakes i have made in the past are under estimating syn values like butter and sauces are properly measuring??

i'm not going to discourage you from eating fruit but fruit personally doesnt work for me i always either stay the same or gain weeks that i have eaten lots of it so i steer clear from that too

i dont really know much about extra easy but i think a 3rd of your plate is supposed to be superfree veg. peas and sweetcorn are green day veg.

also check your cottage cheese as it's normally very low fat cottage cheese that is free.

Was gonna say the same to you that Mod did, make sure your cottage cheese is VLF.

Your not listing you healthy Extra B's ...like for your sandwich was it a HeB? You also mention toast...what bread is this? Also on some days its seems like your not even having a HeB???? You get one HeB and one HeA

Also like Mod also said you plate must be 1/3rd of the Superfree vegetables, of which peas and sweetcorn are not. What fats are you using to do your eggs...frylite? Not all supernoodles are free, did you check the syn points. It can be really easy to underestimate your syns.

Although it doesn't look too bad, you're definitely not having enough superfree veg with your meals to be properly doing extra easy. Try adding salads with a variety of leaves and veg where you can with sandwiches, supernoodles etc and do check that 1/3 of your plate is SUPERfree rather than just free :)

Ok so here is my food diary for last week(extra easy)
Monday
Breakfast- 2 alpen lights/pot low fat cottage cheese
Lunch-pasta n sauce/ muller light
dinner sw sausages (made from recipe) pots, veg , gravy (2.5syns)
sw rice pudding made from recipe with 2 tsp jam (2 syns) (4.5 syn total for the day)
Not enough syns Where is your hex A
Tuesday
breakfast-scrambled eggs with tomatoes

lunch- ham sandwich (salad cream 1syn), cherry tomatoes, mullerlight, 2 kiwis
Where is your 1/3 superfree
Dinner- sw chips, bacon with fat cut off and spaghetti (bbq sauce 2 syns) Where is your 1/3 superfree total syns 3 Not enough syns
Where is your hex A
Wed
breakfast- 2 kiwi, 2 tangerines

lunch ham sandwich (salad cream 1 syn) mullerlight, pot low fat cottage cheese
dinner spaghetti and meatballs( sw recipe-free)Where is your 1/3 superfree

snacks- sugar free jelly(1/2) and 3 tbs evap mil (3 syns) 2x hobnobs (8syns) Total 12 1/2 synsWhere is your hex A

Thursday

breaky-1 muffin with spaghetti and 28g cheese (HE)Where is your 1/3 superfree

lunch -low fat super noodles grapes and mullerlight Where is your 1/3 superfree

dinner -bolied pots. grilled chicken, peas/sweetcornWhere is your 1/3 superfree
syns -mayo -2.5, winegums 4.5, sugar free jelly -0.5 2 tbs evap -2
total 10.5

friday
breaky-2 plums not enough for breakfast

lunch ham sandwich, cherry toms, mullerlight Where is your 1/3 superfree

dinner jacket pot with tuna salad

syns- salad cream (pot and sandwich ) 3, wine gums 4.5, alpen light bar 3
total 10.5

saturday
breaky- 28g muesli with strawberries and blueberries

dinner pork loin, jacket, salad and sweetcorn
syns-mayo-2.5 apple sauce 1- total 3.5
Not enough syns
Sunday
breaky
bacon, egg, beans, toms 2 toast
dinner-rosits (sw recipe) gammon, salad, mullerlight
WHERE IS YOUR LUNCH
syns-butter(toast) 3, salad cream 2, 2 choc digestives -8
Total 13.
If you don't eat enough your body's metabolism will slow down making weight loss very difficult

My HE A is usually my skimmed milk which I measure daily. I did not realise that I was supposed to have 1/3 super free with every meal-is this new? what does this include? Also, I do have some difficulties because of work what I can have, if I had access to microwave, fridge every day it would be easier, I will however try this for the next week. To answer previous questions I use fry light for every thing and am very careful about measuring sauces etc.

If you are going to struggle with the 1/3 superfree, would it be any easier for work to stick to either red or green days?

Well I am getting seriously fed up I have weighed again this morning probably shouldnt have but have put on that 1/4 lb-this is getting ridiculous. i have been extra good making sure I have the right amount of everything , measuring sauces etc and it is simply not working. I have even worked out three times this week aswell. Before xmas I was doing so well on this and not even being that careful i cannot see where its going wrong-but I am getting seriously disheartened.

Hi meesh have you tried going back to basics as if you are a new starter, re read your books, fill in a food diary.

I noticed you said you had a muffin for your breakfast one morning did you count that in your syns etc

The plan does work but you have to make sure the plan is worked correctly, for instance there is a girl in my group who swears she is doing everything correctly but turns out is using marg as a hea and sausages as a free food and consuming 6 mueller lights a day (I know they are free but surely there has to be some portion control:D)

I'm not saying you are doing this but there can be crossed wires about the plan.

The other day someone pointed out to me something about the plan I had missed and I went back to my books and I really had not realised, it happens to us all at some point.

Weighing yourself regularly wont help either hun my weight can fluctuate by 2lbs a day :eek:

good luck with the plan

Back