struggling with Slimming world

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by meesh, 24 March 2010 Social URL.

1. meesh

meesh Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.95%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi there, I am new here and have been doing SW on and off since Sept 09 between them and xmas I managed to lose 10lbs and was thrilled. I haven't been great since xmas and last week I have been so good and logged everything that I have eaten-but got on the scales this morning to find that I have only lost 1/4lb-am devastated and do not know where I am now going wrong. Before christmas I was tending to have a couple of bad days in a week due to parties etc and then be extra good to make up for it-now I am doing what I should and its not happening. To top it off I am being a bridesmaid in June and the dress does not fit and I must get in to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Teenyweeny

Teenyweeny Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    well done on your loss so far

If i was you i would post your menus on here and see if people can see where you are "going wrong" (if you are)

also make sure you have your syns, vary your food and dont have the same thing all the time and drink lots of water

Good luck x

4. meesh

meesh Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.95%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks for this I will update when i get home from my food diary to see where I have been going wrong.

5. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good idea! It may just be what you were eating before catching up with you and biting you on the bum. Move on and look forward to the next week of 100%

6. meesh

meesh Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.95%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Ok so here is my food diary for last week(extra easy)
    Monday
    Breakfast- 2 alpen lights/pot low fat cottage cheese
    Lunch-pasta n sauce/ muller light
    dinner sw sausages (made from recipe) pots, veg , gravy (2.5syns)
    sw rice pudding made from recipe with 2 tsp jam (2 syns) (4.5 syn total for the day)

Tuesday
    breakfast-scrambled eggs with tomatoes

lunch- ham sandwich (salad cream 1syn), cherry tomatoes, mullerlight, 2 kiwis

Dinner- sw chips, bacon with fat cut off and spaghetti (bbq sauce 2 syns) total syns 3

Wed
    breakfast- 2 kiwi, 2 tangerines

lunch ham sandwich (salad cream 1 syn) mullerlight, pot low fat cottage cheese

dinner spaghetti and meatballs( sw recipe-free)

snacks- sugar free jelly(1/2) and 3 tbs evap mil (3 syns) 2x hobnobs (8syns) Total 12 1/2 syns

Thursday

breaky-1 muffin with spaghetti and 28g cheese (HE)

lunch -low fat super noodles grapes and mullerlight

dinner -bolied pots. grilled chicken, peas/sweetcorn
    syns -mayo -2.5, winegums 4.5, sugar free jelly -0.5 2 tbs evap -2
    total 10.5

friday
    breaky-2 plums

lunch ham sandwich, cherry toms, mullerlight

dinner jacket pot with tuna salad

syns- salad cream (pot and sandwich ) 3, wine gums 4.5, alpen light bar 3
    total 10.5

saturday
    breaky- 28g muesli with strawberries and blueberries

dinner pork loin, jacket, salad and sweetcorn
    syns-mayo-2.5 apple sauce 1- total 3.5

Sunday
    breaky
    bacon, egg, beans, toms 2 toast

dinner-rosits (sw recipe) gammon, salad, mullerlight

syns-butter(toast) 3, salad cream 2, 2 choc digestives -8
    Total 13.

7. Simmy1978

Simmy1978 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    most of it looks fine tho mistakes i have made in the past are under estimating syn values like butter and sauces are properly measuring??

i'm not going to discourage you from eating fruit but fruit personally doesnt work for me i always either stay the same or gain weeks that i have eaten lots of it so i steer clear from that too

8. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

i dont really know much about extra easy but i think a 3rd of your plate is supposed to be superfree veg. peas and sweetcorn are green day veg.

also check your cottage cheese as it's normally very low fat cottage cheese that is free.

9. MrsBabyCakes

MrsBabyCakes Naughty Fridge Picker

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.21%)
    Diet:
    Low fat, Low Carb, High Protein, SW tweaked
    Was gonna say the same to you that Mod did, make sure your cottage cheese is VLF.

Your not listing you healthy Extra B's ...like for your sandwich was it a HeB? You also mention toast...what bread is this? Also on some days its seems like your not even having a HeB???? You get one HeB and one HeA

Also like Mod also said you plate must be 1/3rd of the Superfree vegetables, of which peas and sweetcorn are not. What fats are you using to do your eggs...frylite? Not all supernoodles are free, did you check the syn points. It can be really easy to underestimate your syns.

10. Harry'sMom07

Harry'sMom07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Although it doesn't look too bad, you're definitely not having enough superfree veg with your meals to be properly doing extra easy. Try adding salads with a variety of leaves and veg where you can with sandwiches, supernoodles etc and do check that 1/3 of your plate is SUPERfree rather than just free :)

11. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you don't eat enough your body's metabolism will slow down making weight loss very difficult

12. meesh

meesh Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.95%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    My HE A is usually my skimmed milk which I measure daily. I did not realise that I was supposed to have 1/3 super free with every meal-is this new? what does this include? Also, I do have some difficulties because of work what I can have, if I had access to microwave, fridge every day it would be easier, I will however try this for the next week. To answer previous questions I use fry light for every thing and am very careful about measuring sauces etc.

13. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you are going to struggle with the 1/3 superfree, would it be any easier for work to stick to either red or green days?

14. meesh

meesh Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.95%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Well I am getting seriously fed up I have weighed again this morning probably shouldnt have but have put on that 1/4 lb-this is getting ridiculous. i have been extra good making sure I have the right amount of everything , measuring sauces etc and it is simply not working. I have even worked out three times this week aswell. Before xmas I was doing so well on this and not even being that careful i cannot see where its going wrong-but I am getting seriously disheartened.

15. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi meesh have you tried going back to basics as if you are a new starter, re read your books, fill in a food diary.

I noticed you said you had a muffin for your breakfast one morning did you count that in your syns etc

The plan does work but you have to make sure the plan is worked correctly, for instance there is a girl in my group who swears she is doing everything correctly but turns out is using marg as a hea and sausages as a free food and consuming 6 mueller lights a day (I know they are free but surely there has to be some portion control:D)

I'm not saying you are doing this but there can be crossed wires about the plan.

The other day someone pointed out to me something about the plan I had missed and I went back to my books and I really had not realised, it happens to us all at some point.

Weighing yourself regularly wont help either hun my weight can fluctuate by 2lbs a day :eek:

good luck with the plan

16. Martha39

Martha39 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would try a week of red, also I know my weight loss slows down if i have too much bread,,maybe your the same.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.