Green Days Struggling with weight loss

fatplop

Hi I just joined this site as I really need some help. I am a binge eating and trying to do slimming world but failing to lose much weight. One of my problems was I was not changing my food enough. As a vegetarian I tend to only eat rice and pasta. I have been trying to eat different things but yesterday I felt low and binged on a bag of toffees,chocolate and a box of toffee chocolates. I would say I went over by 120 sins. Now I am dreading getting weighed on Thursday. :( I am also on medication which makes me hungry. I feel so unhappy about the way I look and I get a lot of negative comments about my appearance. If only I could lose weight all that would change. I used to be slim but developed a habit of comfort eating. Now I look disgusting. :(

Hi Fatplop.
Welcome to SW and this forum! I made an Aloo Gobi this week which is vegetarian(recipe is on this website)there are lots of recipes if you use the search option.
Forget about your binging, draw a line under it and start again!
Buy lots of fruit, yogurts etc so when you feel peckish, eat those instead.
Good Luck.
Pete

Hi I just joined this site as I really need some help. I am a binge eating and trying to do slimming world but failing to lose much weight. One of my problems was I was not changing my food enough. As a vegetarian I tend to only eat rice and pasta. I have been trying to eat different things but yesterday I felt low and binged on a bag of toffees,chocolate and a box of toffee chocolates. I would say I went over by 120 sins. Now I am dreading getting weighed on Thursday. :( I am also on medication which makes me hungry. I feel so unhappy about the way I look and I get a lot of negative comments about my appearance. If only I could lose weight all that would change. I used to be slim but developed a habit of comfort eating. Now I look disgusting. :(

Welcome to Minimins hun. I sympathise that you're on medication which makes you hungry - I am too. What I do is make sure I have plenty of superfree fruit and veg in for when the munchies hit. Plus at the beginning of the week I make a big superfree stew or soup which I can then snack on freely. I have a tendency to binge too. What helps me is writing down how I feel after a binge - sad/upset/guilty/remorseful whatever and then reading it back next time I'm tempted to binge. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but even if it prevents one binge it's worth it. Good luck - you are not alone.

I am veggie and have a GREEN days diary on here with photos and recipes if you want to take a look. I used to weigh 15 and half stone but managed to lose a third of that.
Good Luck and just ask if you want an answers.

Aw, I'm sending you a big hug :bighug:please don't beat yourself up so much. We've all done it - if we hadn't we wouldn't be here in the first place. Would you post a day's food diary so we could see what you're eating and see if we can help you. There's loads of support and motivation here to help you. Tina x

Thank you so much Tesam. That is so kind of you.
Breakfast: 4Alpen light bars
Lunch:Fruit
Dinner:pasta with pasata based sauce with lots of vegetables and butter beans all cooked in fry light.

Breakfast and dinner looks good - do you normally just eat fruit for lunch? Fine if it works for you, as long as you're not hungry x

You seem to be lacking in protein - this will make you really hungry. You need to fit in something like quorn/tofu/lentil/more beans/dairy (such as quark if you eat it), to make your diet a bit more balanced. At the moment it's pretty much just carbs.
Thank you that is a good idea. I am now having quorn sausages and baked beans for lunch. :)

Thank you so much Jezzi. You made me smile at the suggestion of changing my name. That is all I could think of when I joined. It sure does suit me. You are very inspiring. It is wonderful to hear how much you have changed and not been binging. It is so hard to break and you have done so well in breaking that vicious cycle. I am going to try very hard this week. I have only ever had one week of sticking to it perfectly.

Jez is spot on! I was going to comment on your user name too. Changing it for something more positive can only aid you psychologically.

I'm not doing SW right now but I have and like the principles of it - however the 'eat loads of free carbs ' thing can be very problematic for folk who take that literally ( and yes - that would be me !! ) so my advice would be to up protein and veg and cut back on all white carbs. I'd also change your lunch to something more filling - a chicken salad or a hummus filled wrap for example.

I understand the compulsion to binge eat. It's a hard thing to overcome . But you can overcome - keep going

Thank you Greta. It is hard not to just stuff my face with rice and pasta all day long. I do not think they realise what binge eaters do when we are allowed to eat as much of something as possible!

Oh I know! My triggers tend to be cake and cheese however

Ok - have a think - is SW the plan for you? It's giving you 'permission ' to eat unlimited pasta. Have you considered WW - purely because it teaches you portion control ? Something to think about anyway

What are your stats ? I can't see them

I was 15 st 3 lbs last may and have managed to get to 10 st 2 using a variety of cunning methods! It's always a hard journey though and harder still when you are a compulsive eater I know

Each time I fill in my stats they do not show so I have no idea what is going on there. When I did weight watchers I felt so hungry and then binged so much. I cannot cope with the little portions they have. Thank you for the idea though.

Back