Struggling

Hayleyj123

Wannabe Loser
I have no restraight, guys and girls! For the past 8 days, I have been doing 30 - 45mins exercise and last week lost 1.5lb after gaining 6lb over chrstmas. The other day, I felt like I had lost more so weighed and there was no change(naughty I know), in fact, I was 1lb heavier so have spent the last 2 evenings just ignoring my syn allowance. Just feel like all the exercising I have been doing was for nothing. Maybe it was false because I usually weigh in the morning and it was an afternoon I had the sneak peak.

I am so annoyed with myself and have weigh in tomorrow morning. The evenings are my worst time for me and can be really good until it hits 8pm onwards. I can't seem to get out of the habit of night time eating and a small choc bar just doesn't do it for me. I need to be kicked into shape.

Not a lot I can do for tomorrow now I know but am grateful for the whinge! Hope everyone else is doing better than I am :)

First of all, you must try and stop weighing yourself in between you official WI. It's counter-productive, as you've seen. You're scales my even be out by upto 7lbs compared to the SW scales, mine are out by 4lbs. Second, more exercise means you must increase your water intake, by 1/2 litre for every 1/2 hour of exercise.
Finally, a tip for evening munchies, if you're hungry, and you don't fancy free food. . . you're not actually hungry.

I know and that is my down fall. I was never like this when I was single, it's a habit that has crept on me since being with my boyfriend and it's been hard to break. I found it easier to quit smoking haha. I was so good up until 2 days ago and I only weighed because I was so sure I had lost already. My jeans are looser already and the scales I used are very close to the group ones. I am much better than I used to be though. On previous diets, I used to weigh in there every day, I had a serious addiction. Thankfully the scales only need 1p to use them LOL.

Just to add to what has already been said, make sure that you are drinking lots of water, this is particularly important if you are exercising. If you are new to exercise you can find your body will retain water if you are not drinking enough to meet the needs of your body. And apparently your body can retain up to 5lb of water!

can I just add if your jeans are loser you are definately losing and it will show on the scales so do not get disheartened!! Have you ever tried dark chocolate, at night I have a couple of squares with a low fat options if I have a real chocolate craving - its much easier to stop after 2 squares and therefore better syn value I find

If you are exercising it could be that you are gaining muscle, so that weighs more than fat- so don't go by the scales. You may want to measure yourself instead.
I know I shared this before, but because I get so hungry at night I've shifted my eating pattern and have most of my HX after my lunch/dinner. The water bottle for me is a life saver as well.

Great advice given already but just wanted to say I feel for you!

I too am a compulsive weigher (every day) and i know a lot of people will say this is a bad idea, but i found it's really helped me to understand why i gain randomly, that certain foods affect my weight (obv related to water retention), and that if i drink less than 3 litres of water a day i hold on to it all, yet 4litres flushes me out (prob not the technical term!) and my lightest weigh ins are always after a day when i've made a conscious effort to drink my 4l. I too am a regular exercise and always put on a random lb or 2 the day immediately following my weights sessions, which again will just be the muscles retaining water.

Im not saying weighing yourself every day is the answer to how you feel but maybe try and think about why you weigh a bit heavier than you 'expect' if you have truly been 'on plan' - it's really unlikley ot be true fat gain if your clothes are feeling looser. Anywho, try not to be downheartened - certainly weighing in the afternoon will make a MASSIVE difference, esp if you do drink a lot and exercise heavily. I can put on up to 7lb over the course of the day.

Keep smiling x x x x

Thanks Hayley, you're right. We share more than just a name it seems. I really hope that the past 2 days haven't caused me to gain weight, it was only 2 days after all. Despite everything, I am going to stick to my exericing because it's good for me and wearing smaller clothes is more important to me than avtually losing the weight. I am just worried that I am wasting my time. I should hav posted this days ago but i was too ashamed.... maybe it wouldn't have ended up this way

dont be ashamed - we've all done it!! and i totally agree with you - its not just about losing weight, exercise has so many other benefits that you would be mad to give up! also, 2 days is nothing in the grand scheme of things, just get back on plan, keep up the exercise, drink lots of water and keep fingers crossed for WI tomorrow. If its not what you want then keep smiling, keep going and look forward to your WI the following week x x x x

Morning Hayley, thats not so bad at all - can easily be lost over the next week! You have 2 options now, going off plan because you're annoyed with yourself and don't see the point, or being nice and healthy and sticking with it for this week. You know eating chocolate or cheese or crisps (or whatever your 'thing' is!) isn't going to make you feel better, and if anything will only make you feel worse!

i felt a bit like this last night, i've been a poorly with really bad cystitis, was feeling sorry for myself and couldnt be bothered to cook, and so was thinking about a takeaway but then i thought, it's only going to make me feel fat as well as ill, so very counterproductive!

Anywho, im rambling now! Try to put it behind you and move on, this rogue lb can easily be lost. hugs x x x x

I know, I am just annoyed with myself. I am no lighter than I was when I joined in October because I have no will power. Have a challenging few weeks ahead of me now because it's my friends birthday on Friday and we're going out so I'm planning to alternate my vodka and diet coke intake with a water or plain diet coke because I don't want it to ruin things.

Also have a 30th birthday party next weekend and a night at my friends so I have my work cut out. The weekend after is ANOTHER 30th birthday party! I will have to eat before I go out all 3 times and ignore the buffet and stick to my drinking plan :)

Thanks for replying Hayley :)

I know, I am just annoyed with myself. I am no lighter than I was when I joined in October because I have no will power. Have a challenging few weeks ahead of me now because it's my friends birthday on Friday and we're going out so I'm planning to alternate my vodka and diet coke intake with a water or plain diet coke because I don't want it to ruin things.

Also have a 30th birthday party next weekend and a night at my friends so I have my work cut out. The weekend after is ANOTHER 30th birthday party! I will have to eat before I go out all 3 times and ignore the buffet and stick to my drinking plan :)

Thanks for replying Hayley :)

Hi Hayley!

Try not to think like that! It is frustrating when you gain a bit. I found last time i did SW if i got annoyed at myself or thought id let myself down i couldnt get motivated, so id binge and it becomes a cycle.

You need to draw a line under it and look forward. This is a life plan after all, your already planning for the upcoming parties to make them SW friendly. You may be what you were when you started but imagine if you hadnt joined! You could be weighing a lot more!

Hope this helps
Pesty

I know and that is my down fall. I was never like this when I was single, it's a habit that has crept on me since being with my boyfriend and it's been hard to break. I found it easier to quit smoking haha. I was so good up until 2 days ago and I only weighed because I was so sure I had lost already. My jeans are looser already and the scales I used are very close to the group ones. I am much better than I used to be though. On previous diets, I used to weigh in there every day, I had a serious addiction. Thankfully the scales only need 1p to use them LOL.

Remember its not just weight you lose its inches too and it your are exercising your muscles will be getting stronger and heavier! remember muscle weighs more than fat

Hi Hun,
I do feel for you, it's such a pain when we gain and shouldn't. The thing is this, don't expect all the extra exercise to make the weight fall off - it won't. Unfortunately for us it doesn't account for a big loss, SW say it can result in an extra loss of 14-28lbs a year so only just over a pound a month. It doesn't seem a lot but you can drop a dress size by exercising and not lose any weight. The health benefits far outweigh the number on the scales.
Anyway, just wanted to say keep with the plan, keep with the exercise and don't give up. The weight will come off.

thank you everyone :)
between you lot and my boyfriend, I should be unstoppable with all the support I get. Been really good today. I came home from group, had egg cooked in fry light with 2 slices of ww toast, 1 reduced fat asda cheese spread on top, 1 banana and 2 clemtines. I then did 30mins exercise again and went out.

Got caught off guard in town and didnt want to buy anything bad so had another banana, an apple and an alpen light bar. Just got in, eaten a mug shot because I didn't really have lunch and am in the process of making some SW chips.

I will admit that it has been a struggle today and I am really hungry but I am determined to get back into the swing of things. Looking forward to a yummy dinner now :)

don't worry Hayley! I gained 2.5 lbs last weigh in!!!! I know it doesn't happen to everyone but i've had several gains whilst on slimming world (and while on plan!) but overall i've lost over 2.5 stone so it does work! don't give up! Maybe try keeping a food diary - I still do this as it makes me feel more relaxed about the whole thing... if I have a gain and I don't know why i can ask my consultant to look over it and pin point what might be the problem. The other thing I would suggest is to look at your weight loss over a four week period - if you're on plan I'm pretty sure you'll have a loss! :) good luck xxx

Back