Struggling.....

lucy62

7th week. I was worried when I first started LL, about the ketosis side effects (it is my first time on a ketogenic diet), about the lack of food, about how I would cope at work etc... But it went swimmingly well, considering. Now I am not so sure, I am struggling. I keep looking at other diets involving food (Atkins, go lower), then I come back to my senses and remember that not sticking to a single diet is one of the reasons I am still here trying to lose weight. Sometimes I think "S*d this, there must be more to life than having powdered drinks for months", other times I think "if others can do it, so can I". I am sooooooo confused! The good thing is that I rescued myself from the brink of alcoholism by starting this programme! The bad thing is that 30lbs down, I still can't really see a difference in my shape. Admittedly I wear elasticated and baggy clothes, but I had hoped to have seen a teeny weeny bit of progress by now. My husband keeps telling me that most of the weight I lost is glycogen and that it will be a long time before I see my shape change (what makes him the expert all of a sudden!).
Sorry for the rant. Needed to get that off my chest! :sigh:

30 lbs is alot to lose , just think of a bag of sugar its about 2lb pick up 15 of them carrying them around and i think you will feel different . with your husband saying it will be a long time before you see your shape , thats not really helpful , but men don't think ... so just smile and say yeah hehe ... i'm sure its made you feel much better already seeing you've lost weight x

Hi Lucy. I am on my 5th week now. You just have to look at what you have done and how far you have come in such a short time. 30lbs is excellent. You go girl - stick at it

7th week. I was worried when I first started LL, about the ketosis side effects (it is my first time on a ketogenic diet), about the lack of food, about how I would cope at work etc... But it went swimmingly well, considering. Now I am not so sure, I am struggling. I keep looking at other diets involving food (Atkins, go lower), then I come back to my senses and remember that not sticking to a single diet is one of the reasons I am still here trying to lose weight. Sometimes I think "S*d this, there must be more to life than having powdered drinks for months", other times I think "if others can do it, so can I". I am sooooooo confused! The good thing is that I rescued myself from the brink of alcoholism by starting this programme! The bad thing is that 30lbs down, I still can't really see a difference in my shape. Admittedly I wear elasticated and baggy clothes, but I had hoped to have seen a teeny weeny bit of progress by now. My husband keeps telling me that most of the weight I lost is glycogen and that it will be a long time before I see my shape change (what makes him the expert all of a sudden!).
Sorry for the rant. Needed to get that off my chest! :sigh:
hi lUcy
Please rant and keep ranting- it is much better to get it out of your head adn into teh world.
Take a step back and breathe. Life is just one moment at a time.
Here are a few ideas.(ideas, remember everythign is ur choice, there are no experts, not even ur husband)
1. how about setting a date to stay on your crrent weight loss. If you are still nto happy by that date change? (maybe another 2 weeks or 4 weeks) .
2. Don't just change. Stay on your current diet until you are completely decided on the next programme to follow. Often it is the period between diets when we eat way more than we need. So befor eyou step away, make sure you ahve somehting you are stepping to.
3. Write down all you want right now and prioritise. Right now I'm trianing for a 10 k then a half marathon. I need a diet that I can eat protein, carbs and a little fat. If my priorities were lose weight now then I'd probably take on the shakes ones. .There's no point in being in absolute hell- if its not working for you change- life's too short. There's no need to shorten it further tho by putting on more weight!

you are losing weight. I suggest you measure your waist arms, legs and hips to track any body changes. If your clothes are baggy, it'll be very ahrd to tell!

i dont know ur husband. it could be that he is genuinely trying to help. Or it could be like a lot of ppl i know- they think that you always need to hear the "expert" advice when all you really wnat is someone to listen.

Kepp with teh weight loss, but please take care of yourself. Discipline means attention with care.

Hi. Strong women stay slim . Loving the motto :D. How long have you been on LL x

Hi , I was going to join LL but they did not have enough for the group , and there is another group but too far to travel when I don't drive ... but I'm on day 2 now of CD but my own version , where by 3 shakes and adding some meats , think I had yesterday 800 cals , and no carbs . My tummy is in shock lol , but when I do start CD I tend to come here more ... my its all todo with your head , so strong women here we all come !

Miss JMC you sound sooooooo focused. It is a pity you have no LL class near you. Im finding the counselling very emotional. I felt like i was the only person feeling the way i was feeling and eating secretively - stuffing food into my mouth at every given opportunity. Then when I joined LL and i realised that im not on my own and not the only one to behave the way i do - and suddenly I believe that i can actually do this and get to my goal x

Lucy - most of us have been there! The mind playing games on us, telling us we can do it other ways. Well I tried 'other' ways for 18 years and it got me 6 stones overweight... so this diet works, it works fast. It's not easy, but nor was years of the abuse we did to our bodies by overeating. I have found the CBT to be very helpful.. and believe me the abstinence part is the easy part. Learning to be around food after losing the weight is very hard. But we can't undo years of bad habits in a matter of weeks/months. The time will fly past and before you know it you will be starting RTM. This really is the best diet, if you are in the right head space. It's changed my life... need to remember that as I struggle in RTM.

Oh also.. I found that give it a day or 2 and you will feel different. Well done on your 30 lbs, that's amazing.

OMG Gemma you have done so well. Did it only take you 5mths to loose 6st???

Lucy Gemma is right, a lot of us have been exactly where you are, I went months before a really noticeable difference and felt really downheared. As little as 5lb or as much as say 9lb only can be attributed to glycogen, the rest is FAT THAT IS GONE FOREVER IF YOU STICK WITH IT! sorry - didn't mean to shout but I really want you to see how well you have done. I also want you to see that you can go all the way with this, only you can get in the way, no one else, it is within your control finally to grab this thing that has messed with your life for years and finally get the upper hand.

Stick with it - it really will be worth it and in the scheme of your life this is such a tiny amount of time.

XXXXXXXXXX

Just wanna say Lucy stick with it! Look at Peony before and after photo. Total thinspiration, so thanks! Sometimes we all see are bodies as different, we dont recognise we have a weight issue when we look in the mirror. 30lb will have changed yr shape so dont listen to yr hubby. I lost 4:8lb on LL in 16 weeks and hit target. My hubby tried to be supportive but didnt even see that I lost weight, it happens sooo quick and we see them everyday. Dont get yrself down too much you have achieved soo much, you give me thinpiration so stay strong!

awwww.....you are all great? thank you, thank you, thank you! you all cheered me up. I don't know what i expected when i started the post beside venting my frustration, but what i got back from you all is priceless. I'll pull myself together and keep going. :thankyou:

well done Lucy.. things do change daily I found with how I felt. Yes it took me 5 months, now doing the hard part.. the rest of my life! But we can all do this, we make the choices, we are in control.

i think it is harder to see it in your shape but you tend to feel it in your clothes quicker. Husbands sometimes say silly things when they are trying to be supportive. A woman in my group, her husband bought her a big fancy easter egg because she has been doing so well on the diet! He hadn't bought her one for 21 years since they got engaged! His heart was in the right place but....:eek:

Hi Lucy
Your husband is wrong. It's only the first 8ish pounds that are glycogen. The rest is all your own hard work.
Ask your LLC to measure you. Then you'll see how much you've lost in inches.
Maybe your husband said what he did because he can see that you really are determined with LL and you are going to succeed. Sometimes they get a little jealous.
Stick with it. Do it for you. You are doing really well.

thats a good idea, when do they normally do measurments? every 4 weeks or only when you ask? I am coming to the end of week 4, hard to believe i've nearly done 4 weeks already!

I've lost just a little bit more than you at 38lbs and I can really notice the difference - not so much in the mirror, as I agree with the others, it's hard to see the changes when you see yourself every day.

But every month I go and try clothes on in shops. It's best to do it with tight fitting clothes, so you can see the difference (you don't have to buy them). I've gone from a size 22 to an 18 in 9 weeks. It's funny, I put my size 22's on now and if they don't have a belt they fall down, they look like I'm wearing someone elses trousers.

I definately agree to get yourself measured at LL. People often do this in our class when they are feeling disheartened, they soon cheer up when they see how much size has come off their body.
A couple of weeks ago we had a session where we all held a tape measure round our waist at our starting size and showed the group the difference - it was good fun seeing how many inches we all have lost.

I found that the first 6 weeks I lost loads of weight but not so much size, then suddenly the last 3-4 weeks the size has gone down really quickly.

Hang in there, you will have lost size - that 30lbs has to have come from somewhere, and you'll notice it more and more the longer you are on LL! Well done for getting this far, it takes a lot of determination.

Thanks to you all again, you have been amazingly supportive. I giggled at the easter egg as a present for doing well at LL story!:D

Back