struggling!

sparkylarky

Hi I have been very slowly losing weight sometimes gaining since Nov last year. I appreciate I only have a little way to go but last time when I had 3 stone to lose it seemed to come off really easily.
Anyway I keep getting told it's because I don't eat enough. Should you eat 3 meals a day or when you are hungry (I am very rarely hungry often bored or fed up but never rumbley tummy hungry!)
Yesterday for example I had:

Extra Easy Plan

Breakfast - 1oz Oatabix Minis (HEB) with milk (HEA)

Lunch - Savoury Chicken Rice with 2 chicken thighs followed by sliced melon

Tea - 2 Eat Smart Sausages (1/2syn each) mashed potato and loads of brocolli and green beans (at least 1/2 plate was green veg)

Pudding - Fresh Pineapple

Supper - 2 Thornton Melts (3 syns each) and later because DH was eating a packet of crisps 2 x satsumas

I was stuffed to be honest, what more could I/should I have eaten !!

Any ideas, would really be appreciated.
Also I don't do any additional exercise I walk the kids to school 1 mile each way and walk them home.
(when I did do exercise I seemed to put on weigh!!)

To my uneducated eye it seems enough :confused: I personally wouldnt eat for the sake of it especially if I was full.

Is that the batchelors rice, do you eat much of that kind of food? its quite high in calories ( I know we dont count calories :eek:) maybe try using something else instead of pre packaged food.

Maybe try doing some more exercise it should not really make you put on weight maybe there was something else going on.

Just a thought, good luck. :D

You have very little weight to lose and your BMI is already well within the normal range, so I don't think you would need to increase the amount you eat. I did notice that your lunch didn't have one third veg with it. If you had of done you would have had less savoury rice and chicken as there wouldn't have been as much room on your plate. You may need to change the way you are exercising to increase your heart beat to speed up your metablolism. If you have always walked your children to school then your body is used to that amount of exercise. Any weight gain would be temporary as water is retained within the muscles immediately after exercising. You would have to be a body builder to have muscle taking up more space than fat and therefor causing a weight gain.

Back