Struggling

Grandma

Totally Focused
I started back 4 weeks ago. I've gone to a new counsellor for various reasons - but mainly as I felt that the lady who saw me through the loss of 10stone a couple of years back was not supportive, she had never weighed me, and never checked on me if I didn't call her. I never did any maintenance either - she said it wasn't necessary and I was just to be careful. I really felt that, had I not been so determined, and also made some great friends and supporters on here, I wouldn't have stood a chance. I also felt that, having lost all that weight, she could have put me in for some awards - but I'm not sure that she even realises they exist!!
Well, having put 5 stone back on since being poorly last autumn and as I'm getting married again in September, I really had to do something about it. I was ready and my head was in the right place.
I was told I could no longer sole source but had to have a meal every day. I was eating chicken or tuna or cottage cheese and either salad leaves or veg every day. In the first week, I lost 6 lbs. Then it all stopped and I lost 2lbs in the second - and got told that I hadn't lost enough. I was advised to cut out the cottage cheese, which I did. After another week when I stayed the same, then one when I put on a pound, I decided that I'd had enough and so cut out the meal completley and went back to SS. During the next week, I lost 4 lbs. So I've still not lost a stone! Last time round, and at this point, I'd lost nearly 2 stone!
I'm not sure what's happening now. I've had my 60th birthday this week and have eaten more than I would normally have, but still very little. I've stayed the same.
I'm now losing heart. I feel that, if I don't lose more, I may as well go to Slimming World and eat and lose this amount every week - and save myself £40+ every week!!! But I need to get another 4 stone off before September.
Why is it different this time round?
Any suggestions or advice would be really appreciated. I'm getting desperate!
PS I'm drinking about 3 litres of water a day so it's not that!
Many thanks
x

Oh no, don't lose heart! I've found it a lot harder 2nd time round too, I don't know whether it's just because I haven't got as much to lose or if there's some other reason, but I've still persevered. My losses are usually 1-3lbs a week it's taken me a long time to make peace with that and accept that this is how it's going to be this time round. Is there a reason why you aren't allowed to do SS? Or is it just something your CDC has recommended?

I'm not really being much help here am I sorry. I hope your losses pick up for you, and just try and avoid comparing this time with last time. xxx

The thing is that if Slimming World and all the others worked for everyone, no-one would do Cambridge. People do it for the control if they are out of control with food.

I am a returner and I know how hard it is. You did so well last time and it's a shame you had a bad CDC. SS works so well and it worked for you last time. Best of luck this time round.

Back