Struggling

*Leah*

I'm after some advice as to what I should do with my membership.

Due to a number of things my head is not in the right place at the moment to be counting everything I eat. I haven't got the time or energy to look everything I eat up or write it down, and if any of you are like me, you will know without the tracker and the time to point up, WW doesn't work for me.

I have STS for about a month after losing 9lbs. I'm happy to have not gained, but I feel I can't put any energy into losing more.

I know it will be a rough month or so coming up. Should I cancel my monthly pass and just go back when i'm ready or should I carry on going to meetings and explian to my leader the above and ask if I can keep going even though I won't be sticking to the plan (this meaning I will be weighed and I wont be tempted to eat junk and gain, but I wont do the plan and lose)

I am committed to losing weight, and WW, but I have so much going on I can't stick to it. I don't want to 'fail' by cancelling my pass, but would I be allowed to go if i'm not following plan?

I hope some of that makes a bit of sense lol

Its tough when things don't go smoothly, I understand that entirely. Hope things get sorted soon :)

The question I think you have to ask yourself, is if you cancel, will you really go back when you can? Or are you the type of person who will say "Oh, I'll go next week." then next week, before you know it, is October.... November....

I know I'm the latter that's all, and that's my downfall. Procrastination...

If you make the time to go to the classes, I would continue going. Say to your leader that you're going with a view to maintaining rather than losing for a few weeks, and I'm sure she will understand :D

And keep coming on here too, to keep motivated. Even if you aren't looking to lose, we're good to chat to!!!

That's it, I think if I cancel I won't go back.

I like the classes and my leader is great, so I think I will try and go (even if it's only to get out of the house for an hour) and explain the situation.

I agree, i would still go to the classes if you can. At least you will still be getting advice and support then when you feel you are ready you can get straight back into it. Good luck x

Great advice there, I totally agree. The 'I'll go back when I am in a better frame of mind' doesn't work, as was said before, when will that be and there is the danger of weight slowly creeping on without you realising it.
Stick with the class, the leader will help and guide you through this patch and we will too of course.
I went through a tough couple of months myself, I have stayed the same weight since the end of May. I would put on a pound, lose half a pound etc. and this has gone on for the last 2 months. When I looked at my card, I am currently at the same weight I was at the end of May, so I haven't lost, but more importanly, I haven't gained. My class leader was tremendous, and gave me a recipe book for free and words of encouragement, and I will never forget that.
Even though my head wasn't with it, I still went to class. I'm now back on track and lost a pound at my weigh in on Monday, so you will get back on track too. It just takes time.
Take care x

I just wonder what's making you want to go off plan? TBH we all have stuff going on that's life and some of us have bad things to deal with, I know how you feel but if you stop you'll gain the 9lbs bscjand more and then have to lose it again, your not fair off 1 stone ???
Why don't you preplan, sit down the night before weighin and write up all your going to have fir the next week leaving 2 points a day for a treat you want? Or do the old core plan no pointing?

I spent 22 years yoyoing started at 8 stone wanted to get back to 7.5 and ended up 17st 4 !!
In 2006 I was 18 lbs from goal in march I was 7 st 8 lbs!!
I know sts is pantz but it maybe your just doing something a little wrong or having something alot and your bodys got used to it. I have dine it 100% for over 5 months no over points blips and gained 2.5 lbs 5 weeks ago and looks like a gain this week and I've been fast start and exercise class.

Maybe just have a week off to fool your body snd give you time to get your head in the right place as I feel you'll regret stopping, I know I regret my yoyoing xxx( sorry if mistakes on phone)

I definatly think you should keep going to class, it will make you keep track slightly, even if you dont realise it. Maybe just dont count points, but im sure after doing WW anyway you have a better judgement on what food is good for you, and how much you should be eating and try do it like that until you sort your problems out, which i hope is soon! i know how personal problems, whatever they may be, can have a real effect on weight loss! x

Thanks for all the help guys.

I have STS because I know I haven't been sticking to plan 100%. If I did i'm sure it would work, which is why I want to keep a hand in.

I'm getting bogged down with the amount I have to do at the moment. I also have a B12 defficiency so I have low energy and i'm really feeling it. I sit down after I get home from work (usually late at night) and all I want to do is sit quietly or go to sleep. I'm totally running on autopilot lol.

I'm going to class next week, and i'm going to ask to speak to my leader at the end, or go early, and explain whats happening and why I haven't lost.

It's good you sts so think how well you'd do if you did it 100%
I know you are busy but honestly if you could find time to do some moderate exercise where you sweat you would get more energy even with your defficiency? I see you bike could you do an aerobics class?x

I'm in a similar frame of mind at the moment; but last night I finally pinpointed what it is that has been causing me to slip up; and now that I know what it is i am going to draw a line under it and pre-plan my week ahead after I weigh in on Sunday morning. Keep going to class, stick with it, and at least you are likelyto STS until you can get yourself back on plan. I'm hovering at just over a stone off goal, and know it will be worth it in time - and from today I am sticking to points no matter what!! good luck hun x

tbh it's probably because you don't technically have a lot to lose, 130lbs if nothing i'd love to be that weight i get you want to get to 110lbs, but thing is if your already at the lower end of the scale weight wise.. it is going to take more effort and be tougher for you to lose the lbs... give up if you want to, but it's the easy way out.

Hi Leah, I agree with what everyone's said, I would keep going to class, even if you sts or put on a few lbs, if you give up completely your probably going be talking stones rather than lbs next year. I know what its like because this year has been pretty tough for me and I wasn't in the right frame of mind to lose weight but a few weeks ago I decided (even though I'm still having a tough time with certain things in my life) that I had to get back on track with losing weight. I've really found coming on here helps a lot, you get so much support and also when you read everyone's stories you realise that everyone has challenges in their lives whether they be relationship, jobs, families etc, that sometimes get in the way when trying to lose weight.

Anyway, good luck and I hope everything goes ok for you.

Back