Struggling

Gillybean

I'm really wondering about all this. I am really struggling on SS and wondering what to do, last night i was giving the whole thing up and i had a chinese which i didn't really enjoy

I've got no energy, always tired, moody and so hungry even though i drinking 4 litres of water a day.

I hate not being able to have any food at all.

So as i said last night i was giving it all up in aid of going to slimming world
BUT

I looked in my book today and the 790 doesn't seem to have much choice so was wondering about doing to 1000kcal there is so much more variety and i prefer the sound of it. But what i was thinking is when my hubby is on late shift to have a week of SS a week at a time, do you think that will work.

i don't mind if it slows weight loss down, its taken 29 years to put it all on so i expect it to take some time. Because i have had no energy i haven't been to the gym and wasting £40 a month on that, so think that if i have food i will have energy and i will want to go to the gym which will help with toning and losing weight.

Opinions please

What day are you on at the moment? I know i struggled around day 10 (and that was with sticking to it 100%) It does get easier honestly, as the weeks go by and the weight falls off it gives you the motivation to keep going. I have days now when i do feel tired but that's probably to be expected seeing as i've only had 3 weeks free from TOTM since i started :cry: I also think that as others say if you do break it, it is harder to get back into it and stick to (one of the reasons i won't cheat as i'm worried i wouldn't be able to get back into it)

Only you can decide what you want to do. If you really don't feel you can do SS maybe 790 or 1000 would be better for you. I know lots on here have had fantastic losses with 790. I guess you have to ask yourself if you do move will you stick to whatever plan you choose, as with any diet if you don't stick to it it doesn't work.

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

Its not the sticking to it thats the problem i do enjoy the shakes but i miss food. I have always been full of energy and since i have been on SS i have hardly had any infact i've had a bath and in my PJ's by 7 and its just not like me.
I need to have food, i know it sounds silly but its how i feel. i think if i did SS solid for a week at a time i would feel better

Hi gillybean :D

I'm guessing from your weight record that you are on about day 10 of SS? I'm on day 5 of a restart (3rd time).

SS is incredibly hard hun, many of us know that and will support you. The results are speedy and motivating if you can hang in there.

As Ava says, maybe 790 or 1000 would be a better option for you if you are struggling as hey, we all need to make this journey part of our lives and not be totally consumed by it and feel down. That's my theory anyway hun :)

I know that I try and turn my negative thinking around into a case of it's not that I can't have any food at all....but...that I am choosing not to, just for now. It will all still be there when I have finished my journey.

I hoope you find your own path soon hun and be happy with your decision as you know yourself better than anyone,

Lacey :D

I think it takes a few weeks to be honest for your body to readjust and get use to things. I was expecting to feel fantastic as soon as i got in Ketosis, which although i did feel better as in not hungry i didn't really have the high some people speak about. I do have more energy now but not sure if that's down to the diet or the fact that i've lost almost 4 stone.

What were your reasons for deciding to do SS? I would be lying if i said i never missed food, i do but the way i reason it is that food will still be there when i have lost this weight and for me at the moment i wan't to be slimmer more than i want to eat. I'm not sure on the doing a week of SS if your on 790 or 1000 but a cdc might be able to advise on that.

If you do decide SS is not for you (or even the cambridge diet) don't beat yourself up. Not all diets suit everyone. I guess it's just a case of finding what works for you. :)

Well i have had a shake and am going to do the 1000 i desperately need to lose weight but need to have some food

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 31
Well i have had a shake and am going to do the 1000 i desperately need to lose weight but need to have some food

Good for you hun :D

I bet you feel a bit better for having made a decision. It's awful being in limbo about it.

Wishing you a positive and happy day,

Lacey xx :)

Hi, good luck with the 1000 plan, I don't see how doing the occasional SS week could hurt, especially for those times when our weight seems to plateau. Also if your just about squeezing into a smaller size I imagine it would be great motivation to SS for a week and know you'll be able to eat the next week. I think the CD is a much better option than LL in that we have lots of plans available for what we need at the time.
Go for it, I'm sure you'll do well.:)

Hiya Gill, oh i wish i'd have been here earlier when you posted this, hope the day's got a little better for you. As you know i'm on the 1200 plan, and i have 2 shakes a day a multi vitamin inthe morning and the rest of my kcals in low gi low carb foods. I think i'd miss food too if i was allowed to SS. It's entirely up to you what you do but you may find the extra food gives u the extra energy to have more get up and go. Oh can i ask why your gym doesnt have you on the steps/reach for health scheme? It reduces your gym fees....i used to be at total fitness and because i am obese and have other health problems too my gym went down from £50 to £19.99 a month!!!

Big big big HUGS hunny xxxxxxxxxx

I think you are missing the point that Cambridge IS food - total balanced nutrition - just in a different form.

You had food on your husband's birthday when you just HAD to eat, even though everyone told you it would set you off eating.

If you want to lose weight you need to want it more than eating a Chinese, a packet of crisps, or anything else.

It sounds to me as if you want a quick fix, for someone to wave a magic wand and for all the weight to just disappear. It doesn't work like that, you need to put some effort into it.

If you stick to SS properly you will get energy. You won't, however, get energy by constantly finding excuses to HAVE to eat, which is what you are doing now.

This post may seem very harsh - I do think that you need it - you need to get your head in the right place to lose weight.

Hiya Gill, oh i wish i'd have been here earlier when you posted this, hope the day's got a little better for you. As you know i'm on the 1200 plan, and i have 2 shakes a day a multi vitamin inthe morning and the rest of my kcals in low gi low carb foods. I think i'd miss food too if i was allowed to SS. It's entirely up to you what you do but you may find the extra food gives u the extra energy to have more get up and go. Oh can i ask why your gym doesnt have you on the steps/reach for health scheme? It reduces your gym fees....i used to be at total fitness and because i am obese and have other health problems too my gym went down from £50 to £19.99 a month!!!

Big big big HUGS hunny xxxxxxxxxx

I have SS'd religiously with NO cheating for 32 days now and I have had bags of energy all the way through. Simply because I stuck to the rules and didn't cheat.

Hi Gillybean

Cute'n'Quirky raises some really valid points - I take my hat off to her you for doing this for 32 days with no cheating - (well done ).

However, I am a great believer in listening to your body and you need to do what is best for you. SS is not for everyone (no matter how much we wish it was). From personal experience I don't get the energy buzz and still feel hungry whilst in ketosis (although ketosis certainly took the edge off). I couldn't always get to the gym (which you seem really keen on - good on ya) just through sheer lack of energy - this in turn made me a moody mare as I need my endorphin boost. I initially did the diet for 8 weeks then took a break for a holiday - I just never got back into the swing of it when I got back - due in large to having some energy again.

Why don't you try the 1000 plan. You accept that the weight may not come off as quickly but, as you rightly point out, it didn't go on overnight and it's not gonna come off overnight.

This is where I turn into cliche woman - "Rome wasn't built in a day" and sometimes "slow and steady wins the race". We are all here for the same thing - it doesn't matter how long it takes to get there. What is important is that we stay sane and keep the weight off when we get there.

Good luck with whatever you decide

Ails xx

Hi,

I think it is slightly unfair and rather harsh on Gilly Cute&Quirky, we are all different and have different experiences doing this diet.

Gilly, we started at the same time and I have really struggled too, I travel a lot and was away this week and yes, it affected my energy doing SS, I was doing 14-16 hour days and I am sorry 415 calories is not really enough to get through on long days like that even drinking 4 litres of water which I was. Feel proud of the fact that you are sticking with dieting and trying to come up with the solution that works for you, recognise that you are not going to slide and go back to old habits of just eating what you feel like you wont let yourself.

If 1000 cals works for you go for it at the end of the day this is still half the daily recommended allowance for most woman. I had thought about doing a weight loss programme through my health service and they set it at 1500 so it is even less than that, which is a doctor led programme.

So don't beat yourself up about this, you can do it.

hiya gilly. just dropping by to see how you are getting on...to see if you have found what might suit you, as far as the diet goes.

i think i need to say that i agree with nicola on the topic of harsh..not all diets work for everyone the same. ok C&Q, well done for making it through 32 days with no cheating. i really really hope the day doesnt come when you find that you start to cheat, nibble, pick whatever. perhaps you will see things in a different light then. and if you think that day will never ever come, well, then you are a much stronger infoulable person than the rest of the dieting community.

Morning gilly

I have had days on this diet where I have really really struggled and come close to quitting, but I have somehow found the strength to continue and am so glad I did. I have lost over 3 stones now and am starting to see a real difference but I do know how hard it is.

I hope you reach the right decision for you. SS is not for everyone, you need to be made of strong stuff to do SS in the long term and it can seem daunting for some people.

What helps me is setting small goals along the way. First it was, I will just do SS till I have lost 10% of my weight, then it was I will just SS till I get the next half stone off and so on.

You would have to be superhuman to find this diet easy but it is really the quickest way to lose weight safely and if you can stick to it then ketosis will offer you the protection from hunger that you need.

Good Luck Gilly. We will all support you in your weight loss whichever route you take.

Hi Gilly

Hope you are feeling ok and have made a decision that suits you.

Just my feelings on the subject. I have struggled for the last 9 months after initially losing 6 stone on LL last year (I stuck to it 100% for 6 months). However I have been on and off SS so many times since January that my body didn't know whether it was coming or going.

A few weeks ago I decided to SS again and felt so positive that I could do it but over the days I have slid back into the picking again. The thought of the Bank Holiday weekend without food was horrendous and I posted a thread on Friday which, when I read it back now, was full of excuses and basically a plea for permission to eat. Nobody gave me that permission (thankfully) but everyone gave me support and yesterday I did a 790 day.

C&Qs post might seem harsh but some of what she says is true. This is easiest but also the hardest diet to follow. You have to put the effort in and take responsibility for whether you eat or not. I'm not saying SS is the right solution for you but what I'm trying to say is that you need to make a decision based on your own needs, by listening to your body and your circumstances. What I am trying to say is that once you've made the decision stick to it 100%. I'm not preaching because I am so far from being 100% but it has mucked my head up so much! It will be hard, whatever you choose, but just think of the positive outcome and if you stick it out the suffering will be over sooner.

When I restarted in January I only had about 1-2 stone to lose but I mucked about so much I now have over 3 stone to lose again and will not be at goal until Xmas (if I stick to it). What a hard year it will have been, but mostly of my own making!

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks for your advice everyone. I'm going to have a couple of weeks off i think, i have 2 weddings and a leaving do so can't even think about dieting, but i will not be back to my old ways, i will be eating heathily and cutting down, somehow driking all the water just feels like normal now so will still be doing that.

Cute and Quirky

Thanks for your advice everyone. I'm going to have a couple of weeks off i think, i have 2 weddings and a leaving do so can't even think about dieting, but i will not be back to my old ways, i will be eating heathily and cutting down, somehow driking all the water just feels like normal now so will still be doing that.

Cute and Quirky

I don't know what is going on with you, you are obviously some sort of angel to have stuck it for so long. You seem to have a problem offering advice i have read your other replies to other problems, maybe you you should go on some sort of people course because personally i find you really rude.

Not everyone is set out for SS and i don't think it is up to you to be the one to be so arrogant towards whoever has asked the question.

Good morning guys

Im still very very lethargic.......i cd lie n bed all day if i didnt have hubby and a 3 years old!! haha

Sam......was u ever tired when in ur first wk of ssing?? IM hopeing it all changes when im in ketosis......whenever thats gonna be...thot it woulda started by now..........i obviously had loadsa glucose stored in me !!!!

Cute and Quirky

I don't know what is going on with you, you are obviously some sort of angel to have stuck it for so long. You seem to have a problem offering advice i have read your other replies to other problems, maybe you you should go on some sort of people course because personally i find you really rude.

Not everyone is set out for SS and i don't think it is up to you to be the one to be so arrogant towards whoever has asked the question.

Good luck and enjoy taking a couple of weeks off. I actually took a couple of months off and that was I really needed to get my focus back and start SSing again. Maybe that's all you need. Even if you are off the diet remember to keep posting your progress.

Much love xxx

Back