Struggling :(

Blue Cow

I'm feeling a bit sicky and am worried that I wont be able to have any more soups. The thought is making me worse. I saw my CDC today to change the leek and pot ones as I couldn't finish the last one I had. Now I'm worried I won't be able to face the others.
I don't like the shakes so I'm pretty limited :cry:
I'm only on day 5, I don't think I'm going to be able to stick it out :cry:

the leek and potato soup is awful, i hated it, veg soup is ok
you can have the cartons and bars after two weeks, which are better

x

Damn I was planning on having leek and potato for my tea!

Aww BlueCow xxx yes they taste pretty crappy but try and look at the bigger picture... visualise yourself when youre a few stone lighter... this isnt forever, its just a few months out of your life. When you see slim women on the telly, imagine your head on the body (sounds wierd I know lol) Imagine how amazing it will feel to be slim and not worry what people think of you. Right now as we speak the fat is melting off you. Every second you are getting slimmer.

You can do it chick!! xx

Yes. It's not forever. That's what we have to keep telling ourselves. I had the leek and potato it wasn't great but I put quite a bit of ground black pepper in it and it was a bit better. The same with the chicken and mushroom. Some of the shakes are very powdery and don't seem to blend well. I've just had fruits of the forest which I didn't think I'd like. I didn't. I put it through a metal sieve as it had so many bits of powder even after blending. Then added ice and a bit of milk. To be honest it's the only way I can keep going. To add a touch of milk and ice to the shakes. Keep going because it is worth it for the weight losses people are getting.

I put hot curry powder in all the soups (well, except the chicken one which I can't stomach in any way shape or form) and it helps!

Blue cow, have you tried all the shakes and hate them all? That would be a shame, but I've read on here that some people do the shakes only and vice versa. Hopefully you'll find some products that are bearable for you and you'll be able to continue! :)

I don't mind the leek & pot soup - I add black pepper, also I add more hot water than is stated so it's not too thick. I use an electric blender it's brilliant - no lumps. For the sweet ones I always add ice cubes. If I'm cold I'll make them hot - you can add coffee to vanilla.

If it's really a huge problem for you - and it seems to be - then perhaps you could just use the ready-to-drink shakes, and even the bars, right away? Surely better than feeling forced to abandon the diet at this early stage.

Good luck x

HI everyone, thanks so much for all your replies. I don't like any of the shakes unfortunately, would be easier if I did I know.
Riotgrrl I did like it, not sure why I suddenly felt like that. Maybe I made it too thick or something? Might give it a go at a later date.
Thank you so much everyone you really have given me a boost to keep at it.
xx

If it's really a huge problem for you - and it seems to be - then perhaps you could just use the ready-to-drink shakes, and even the bars, right away? Surely better than feeling forced to abandon the diet at this early stage.

Good luck x

Sorry cross posted, I don't like the shakes at all. I suppose I could have 2 porridges a day if I get stuck. The bars are nice so I could have them too.

Yes if you like the porridges they may well save the day. I loved the porridge and the soups seem to get more tasty and acceptable over time. Whatever works for you as an individual is the thing to do!

I didnt like the leek and potato soup or the vegetable one they made me feel sick. I went through a bit of a phase of things tasting horrible but they seem to taste better now. I didnt think of putting pepper or spices in the soups. I might try that later. :)

Putting a spoon of coffee in the vanilla shakes makes them into a very weak Latte... much better if you fancy something different. I was having a lot of the tomato soup with black pepper in.

I like most of the shakes. Went through a stage of liking butterscotch & then hating it just as quickly.

You will get used to it, for the 1st week everything tasted yucky and wrong, but once your used to it, things get better, get the 1st week over and done with then you will be fine :)

I agree with all of you who like then dislike the products, funny that. I didn't mind most of the soups but not as much now, ok with the chilli and the spicy tomato. Fortunately I also love vanilla, my favourite, and quite a few of the other sweet ones. I love the chocolate, vanilla and orange bars - they are my favs.

Back