Struggling

juju_doll

juju_doll
I have found this week incredibly hard. Post Christmas I have found it difficult to find any motivation and have consequently been in a binge/ starve cycle. Am off to class tonight, despite knowing I'm a few pounds up, but feeling very low about it. Any suggestions would be great.

J

Ah, I do know how you feel. I went MAJORLY off-road at Christmas and found it really difficult to take myself in hand and get back on the wagon. How did I do it? I went to weigh in and gritted my teeth. I reminded myself that whatever the weight was, I wasn't going to be as heavy as I was when I first started LL - and I remembered feeling very positive and excited about starting on the programme and how that felt.

It was pretty bad - I'd gained an unbelievable amount (24lb) in three weeks :eek::eek::eek:, but I took stock and it's coming off. Keep posting on here. I'm sure I'm not the only one who will offer words of comfort - we know how difficult it can be.

Just remember: the past is the past. You can't change it. But you CAN change the future! :) xx

it seems that many people are struggling since Christmas. it is hard to go off plan and then get back to where you were.

You need to talk to your counsellor and explain the problems you are having. Hopefully they will have some good tips for you.

Personally i would involve someone else in your restart. Ask someone in your house or at work to make sure you stick to plan for 3 days at least (when ketosis should kick in). You need someone who is willing to stop you when the need to eat takes over. Also someone who you don't want to let down.

Have you shared this problem with anyone else? (apart from us) If you simply tell a friend or your partner I would be sure they will be willing to help you however they can.

I feel that you just need the decision making process to be out of your hands until you are back on track.

I was exactly the same head not in a good place. I spoke with my counsellor and ppl at grp and a lot if things seemed To make sense. I had been sneaking food and really pigging out. Hidding it from people, I didn't realise that this was down to my motivation. I have reached my half way Target lost 4st lost and between 2-4 stone to go. I was seeing this as a big struggle and effort think I was only half way there. I needed refocus and look at smaller goals. At the beginning when I started I needed to loose 8 stone if I thought then the same as what I have been thinking now I would have never walked through the doors! Just taking one day at a time and looking how far I have come already! I'm glad its not just me so your not on your own all in this together x

i share your pain, every day for me is a struggle but i just have to keep my goals close in sight. If i can manage even 6 days out of 7 on the packs, thats an acheivement for me!

Hope you are feeling more positive today x

Back