Struggling!

Whitey27

Silver Member
I joined class two weeks ago. My first week was a bit of a waste as I had a lot of social events and wasn't really prepared. I sts that week and hold my hands up that it was my fault.

My second week I was 100% and lost half a pound. My c even looked through my food diary and couldn't understand it as I had a good variety of sf etc etc. Anyway, I thought it might be star week (Ive has the coil fitted so my periods are super light).

Anyway, this week I have been really good up until yesterday when I had a binge - must be well over my sins and am just so annoyed as I really wanted to break this binge cycle and know I really don't deserve any sort of loss this week....

Not sure what I want to hear really. Just feel proper fed up ( hence why I am awake at 4am kicking myself) and the thought of another week with no progress is so annoying :(

Thank you for reading my moan xxx

Don't be too hard on yourself. Just draw a line under it and get back on plan :) we've all blew our syns at some point but it's how quickly you pick yourself back up and get back to normal that matters! Stop worrying & catch up on your sleep :)

HI Whitey27.
Welcome to the club!
You have joined a great gang of people who all have the same challenge so don't feel a stranger, If you stick to plan you will loose weight, just look at other members diaries.
I found that Ee worked for me with over 33 weeks of consistent weight loss. Do keep a daily diary and don't cheat when writing down what you eat, you are only going to cheat yourself!
Remember that every Lb lost is good even if it's a slow weight loss, keeping the weight off is the target. remember that you have lots of friends on this forum, any questions will be answered if possible........
Pete

Bilsat and linzi, thank you ever so much for the posts. Trying so hard not to just think "sod it" and your posts were just what I need. Wi is Tuesday so I've got a few days to get back on track.

Thanks again - really appreciate it :) :)

Hi

Iv always been a slow looser 1/2lb to 1lb not matter how good I am. Now I figure as long as I lose 1/2 Im happy as I want to eat like this for the rest of my life, not just be a diet. I stopped going to class as I pressured myself to lose weight quickly as possible or it was a waste of money. I will get there in the end and hopefully keep the weight off.

Hi Whitey27

I joined SW on Boxing Day. I have lost weight every week but the last 3 weeks even though I have stuck to the plan I have only lost half a pound each of those weeks. I was gutted! I wanted more! but when I stop and think at least the weight is coming off and not going back on.
Stick to the plan, write everything down and make sure you weigh if necessary. Guessing weights can make all the difference, 800g loaf of bread is twice as big as a 400g which we should have our bread allowance from, plus check the Syns if your not sure. Every little thing makes a difference. Read your book again, I have.

Draw a line under the bad day and start again fresh the next. If you binge in a morning don't write off that day, stop think and start again. Make sure you have lots of free food available and turn to that when hunger strikes.

What about having a box with low syn'd items in just for you. I have one with Freddy Frog chocolate bars, ryvita minis, 2 finger kit kat all low in syns for when I want something sweet.

Hope this helps and good luck with your weight loss journey. :)

choccybuttons said:
Hi

Iv always been a slow looser 1/2lb to 1lb not matter how good I am. Now I figure as long as I lose 1/2 Im happy as I want to eat like this for the rest of my life, not just be a diet. I stopped going to class as I pressured myself to lose weight quickly as possible or it was a waste of money. I will get there in the end and hopefully keep the weight off.

Hey choccybuttons thank you so much for the message. You're right about the half pounds - as long as it's the right direction. I really do need to get out of the lose it as quick as possible mentality. Thanks again and well done u for sticking at it :)

kazbryn said:
Hi Whitey27

I joined SW on Boxing Day. I have lost weight every week but the last 3 weeks even though I have stuck to the plan I have only lost half a pound each of those weeks. I was gutted! I wanted more! but when I stop and think at least the weight is coming off and not going back on.
Stick to the plan, write everything down and make sure you weigh if necessary. Guessing weights can make all the difference, 800g loaf of bread is twice as big as a 400g which we should have our bread allowance from, plus check the Syns if your not sure. Every little thing makes a difference. Read your book again, I have.

Draw a line under the bad day and start again fresh the next. If you binge in a morning don't write off that day, stop think and start again. Make sure you have lots of free food available and turn to that when hunger strikes.

What about having a box with low syn'd items in just for you. I have one with Freddy Frog chocolate bars, ryvita minis, 2 finger kit kat all low in syns for when I want something sweet.

Hope this helps and good luck with your weight loss journey. :)

Hey those are great tips - especially the morning slip ups - I definitely tend to just write the day off and I really shouldn't. You're also right about syns and hex - I have started being really strict with measuring which makes me more annoyed about yesterday in some ways but I know there is nothing I can do now so just need to stick with it. Thanks for the pep talk - much appreciated xx

Hi Whitey,

I have to agree with what everyone has said: A loss is a loss and you've only ruined your diet if you don't get back on track after a bit of a binge. We all do it, you'd be a robot if you didn't. The thing with this diet is if you stick to it you will lose weight but nobody said it was going to be easy and none of us are lucky enough to lose 5lb a week!!

Keep yourself on track by setting a few targets- I treat myself to a dress a size smaller and then I have to lose weight. This time, I've gone one better and bought my wedding dress smaller so I'll be buggered if I don't stick to plan!!

Good luck honey xx

JezVonSavage said:
Hi Whitey,

I have to agree with what everyone has said: A loss is a loss and you've only ruined your diet if you don't get back on track after a bit of a binge. We all do it, you'd be a robot if you didn't. The thing with this diet is if you stick to it you will lose weight but nobody said it was going to be easy and none of us are lucky enough to lose 5lb a week!!

Keep yourself on track by setting a few targets- I treat myself to a dress a size smaller and then I have to lose weight. This time, I've gone one better and bought my wedding dress smaller so I'll be buggered if I don't stick to plan!!

Good luck honey xx

Hey Jez, thanks for the message. You're so right - just need to stick with it. This is usually my sod it point when I stop and then start another diet a month later. Small losses have got to be better for you and it's not like i have anything to rush to lose it for. Just want to get back to my usual size. Anyway, thanks again - you girlies talk a LOT of sense xxx

stivesliz said:
Me too - I lost 4 stone last year which levels out to about a pound a week. I marvel at some of the people that come to class that lose 3 or 4 pounds and have been doing it for ages.
Take it one day at a time and good luck x

Wow 4 stone - that's amazing! Just shows that it all adds up. Good for u that's brilliant

I actually feel a lot more comfortable the way I'm losing now, when I first did SW I would lose 5lb hen gain 2 :eek: I did that for weeks and it was a bloody nightmare!! I'd rather lose a small amount everyweek and not have to face an angry C's face.

Hey everyone. I just wanted to post again and say thanks so much for the pep talk on the weekend. It made me get right back on track rather than just continue with my blow out - I went to weigh in today and have lost 2lbs so am delighted and definitely couldn't have done it without your support

Happy days :) :) xxx

Back