Struggling

Kippaxmum

Back on the wagon
Hi girls,
I just had to come on and let how I am feeling right now out. I am really struggling with SS at the minute. I started a month ago and have lost 13lb so far - only another 4 stone to go. Anyway, 2 weeks on SS perfect, not a morsel passed my lips other than soups/shakes. Then it was my birthday week and I was 'taken out' 4 times!!! Didnt get weighed that week but other than the meals did continue with SS (in a fashion)
Last week I seemed to struggle, or at least felt like I did. But still managed to lose 2lb. This week - well where do I start. I was great all day saturday and all day sunday, up to tea time! I had some pork! Yesterday, I got home from work, did the supermarket shop for the boys and sat down then ate a pack of chicken with a couple of spoons of pickled cabbage and wait for it - a chocolate chip cookie! :sigh:

I felt dreadful afterwards and could have kicked myself. Then today, I have sat in the car at lunch time (rather than walking around the town centre) and ate 2 packs of chicken :mad::mad::mad: I feel sick (and have done all afternoon) but am seriously doubting myself whether I can do this diet. I know to SS will be so much easier in January when all festivities and parties are out of the way. I can then have 2-3 months straight run.

I am debating whether to move up to 790 for the next few weeks? Might ring my councillor & chat with her.

I dont expect anyone to answer, I just feel better for getting it off my chest - maybe I can actually behave now lol. I think Im secretly looking forward to my binge on Saturday with the girls :eek:

Donna
xxxx

I think you should have a chat with your CDC, maybe a higher plan maybe the way to go if you feel that you can no longer SS.....It would be better than coming off altogether and putting loads back on.
The chicken should have done too much damage as it's protein so that's a pllu point. Have a chat with your counsellor.

Hi Donna!

Don't beat yourself up about the past few days....I have done it too!!!
The main thing is that you WANT to keep trying. Definitely have a chat with your CDC and see what she advises...just think, you can still be 1 stone lighter by Christmas and isn't that a good milestone? It isn't that far away, so set yourself a mini target.

Good luck....I didnt want to ignore your post, because you really are not alone Hun and don't ever think that you have to struggle when there are so many of us on here that you can talk to.

Take care

Kerry-Ann
xx

I think the thing you have to ask yourself is whether you would prefer to have a binge with your girls on Saturday night or whether you really really want to lose weight. As sadly the two don't go hand in hand. I know after a massive binge or a huge (greedy) meal I never felt better, only worse, so at the moment I can say hand on heart that I want to lose weight more than I want to eat. It's taken me years to get to this point though.

What is your head telling you?

I think the thing you have to ask yourself is whether you would prefer to have a binge with your girls on Saturday night or whether you really really want to lose weight. As sadly the two don't go hand in hand. I know after a massive binge or a huge (greedy) meal I never felt better, only worse, so at the moment I can say hand on heart that I want to lose weight more than I want to eat. It's taken me years to get to this point though.

What is your head telling you?

Hi,
Im not planning on going stupid on Saturday - just a bit of take away - and plenty of water. My problem being that I have on the 15th December a big birthday bash (im going to drive and try not to eat), the 20th december works xmas do and 25th december xmas day!

I do want to lose weight, more than anything in the world, but when no one in your family is trying and keep moaning about how fat they are etc... and start to put you down when you are just starting to feel good about yourself its not easy. I know when my demons strike (like when I was in the car earlier rather than walking round the town centre) and I just have to realise when that is and push them away iykwim?

I know it will be easier in the new year that is why I was thinking about moving up a plan for the next 5 weeks then seeing how that goes and maybe going back to SS? Im just a bit confused at the minute and I think it may be totm too (bloody hormones)

Thanks girls

Donna
xx

Back