struggling

rugbykirsty87

Never Give Up
I did help really. ive been on slimfast for 4 months and i havnt even been able to lose a stone. :( I want to be able to get down to 11st 7lb by my graduation on the 10th July as it seems like my target is getting further and further away.

Please someone help, even if its just a kick up the bum!

Are you honestly sticking to it rigidly? I've been having slim fast, as I read it was low gi and was struggling to make all my meals low gi, first week on it i list 5lbs- this week only 1lb but I had 3 days off plan. I think it works if u r honest & stick to it & count cals on snacks etc so u Dnt go over 1300. I use my fitness pal to track my cals. Also r u exercise using & drinking enough water? X

ill admit 3 weeks i havnt been totally on plan, but even when i am i dont tend to lose as much as others do. I am updating my diary dailey even when i have been off plan and on. I exercise in some way dailey and drink 2 litres of water a day x

Awww dont give up - stay motivated! If you've already lost quite abit and you're at your last stone or so you are bound to struggle but think of that sense of achievement! I'm in the same situation and have been yo yo dieting and sticking within a 5lb radius. That's why i've come onto SF now for something more structured and to speed things up.

Maybe you need to look at WHAT you're eating to make up the calories? Maybe try cutting things like bread right down to a minimum and making sure your 600 cal meals are low fat and made up of lean proteins, wholemeal rice/pasta and a healthy sauce with veg/salad and no processed food! I've only started a few days so no expert and sorry if you're already doing that but that might be what you need to switch? Also regarding snacks if you have sugary things like fruit try eating those in the morning and low sugar snacks in the afternoon ( i did this on the last diet i was on and it defo works - and i LOVE fruit i eat loads of it!) So much easier said than done though i know ^ i need to take on my own advice more than anything haha. i looked at my 600 cals today and thought mm i can either have fish finger sandwich and micro chips or a healthy slimming world recipie shepherds pie with loads of veg haha!! The shepherds pie and veg won but it was tough!

Have you tried Jillian Micheals "30 Day Shred" its only 20 min workouts (if you could fit that into your day) and it's a huge fat burner (not sure if it's popular on this site)

xxxx

I lost 4 lbs in my first week, then it dropped away to 1 -1.5lbs/week for a few weeks and in the last month I have only lost 3.8lbs with at least one week where I STS. However, I am OK with this as the guide for healthy sustainable weight loss is around 1lb/week.

Having said that, I have also been doing Jillian Michales 30 Day Shred and the Pooch25K (running with your hound) during that time and have lost an amazing 7 inches in total and dropped a jean size!

I have around 13lbs to go to my initial target now and am aiming to try and keep up the 1lb/week target, although I accept this going to get harder the closer I get.

Keep the faith Kirsty - it will come off. From your stats you have lost around a stone in 14 weeks - a good healthy weight loss. Try upping your activity a bit with some cardio and strength training (muscle burns calories quicker!).

Oh, and if all else fails, here's your kick up the bum!! :asskick:

Thanks Anya,

Im really struggling to get my exercise in at the moment as im doing 12 hour days at uni currently to get my dissertation done in time. Im back up to 12st 10.8 from today. Really struggling to keep the faith, i have 1st 3lb til i get to where i want to be. I am thinking about joining weight watchers for the final push x

I am thinking about joining weight watchers for the final push x

I gained on Weight Watchers and pretty much STS after an initial small loss on Slimming World so calorie counting seems to be about the only thing that works for me..... too much of a greedy guts to be told as much as you like of certain foods -that's my problem!

You must do what you think is right for you and I wish you luck in whatever that might be
:hug99:

Thankyou hun . I went and subscribed to weight watchers online tonight, first day was today :)

Back