struggling!

hollystar100

been dreading may for months, two all weddings with meals and a festival. my consultant always says any special occasion like that is just one day out of seven and if you stick to plan the rest of the days you may not do as bad as you think but once i go off plan i sabotage myself for the rest of the week! would actually be happy if for may i stayed the same but really dont want to gain!!

I'm the same, I've been dreading May too...out next weekend for an annual rugby tournament that comes to town and then it's my birthday at the end of the month.

Maybe try some superspeed days to try and help prevent gains from the occasions that you have. I know I'll be gutted the first time I gain or STS on plan but I think we all have to realise, whilst it's great to lose weight, we have to live as well. Social occasions come up, we deserve a treat every now and then. As long as you don't treat yourself every single day.

I would personally say go to the weddings, forget about SW as far as you can and start afresh the next day. Maybe make a SW meal that you really like as a treat the next day, so as you still feel you're indulging and having a treat but staying on plan at the same time.

I'm waffling on here and not sure I've said anything remotely constructive. I can only draw on my experience but I have to say since starting SW I've realise that every minute is another opportunity...so you have something 'naughty' so what, start a new as soon as possible...keeping going and eating rubbish is only going to affect your health, appearance and mentality in a negative way.

Good luck!

Hey it must be somthing about May! I literally have an event every single week throughout and all are at weekends and I get weighed on a Tuesday! And to cap it all, I then have friends coming down at the start of June for a week and I know there will be meals out and wine etc - and the dreaded pasties and cream teas.....I can possibly wriggle out of a couple of them but not all - I dont really like pasties either lol.,

thanks guys not going to deprive myself in the week going to aim fo around 5 syns as when i try to have zero syns until the weekend i always end up sacking it off!! fingers crossed x

I know how you feel. I have 2 weeks AI in Cyprus coming up. Don't get me wrong I am SOOO looking forward to it but I have been on a roll with my weight loss I'm kind of not looking forward to it if you know what I mean??

I'm not bothered if i have a gain, im worried that when I come back I can't get back to it and it all goes pear shaped and I end up putting the 3 stone I have lost back on.

Back