Struggling

marianne01

I guys it's day 9 and have struggled . I was faced again with my favourite food being cooked and it nearly killed me . Hungry also so rather than give in I have had an extra pack and had it hot. Also very cold. I suppose we are goi g to get these days. Going to drink some more water and have an early night . I kept on saying to myself 5lb off for Tuesday 5lb . I shall keep the faith. Have a good evening peeps xxxxx lots of love to you all

Hi Marianne01 must be pretty hard tomorrow is my first day received a mixture of bars shakes and porridge today so raring 2 go in the morning woo woo 9 days in is great dont forget that u av come a long way some days guna b harder than others keep goin u av to b4 u know it soon b 2 weeks then a a month think how gud ur guna b feeling at that time u know theres always support on here stay strong an keep posting ;)

Thankyou JumpingJack,

I admire you determination and your right , it just a bad day but doing ok. I had a bottle of water and fought my cravings and now in bed watching bridesmaids. I need to do this because I feel things will change and thats my motivation. I have not lived since putting on the weight, just survived. Hugs and love on your journey. I am always here for you if you need support. I have minimins on my phone xxxx

Hi Marianne

Hope you're feeling better today. I hope I don't waffle here, but I was thinking something earlier and it might help...

I've lost 10lbs in the last couple of weeks. I'm now back at the weight I was when I fell off a diet in January. I've thought about what I remember of the last 6 months regarding food and diet. I put on 10lbs.... did I enjoy the food in the last 6 months enough to make that worthwhile? Absolutely not! We go out for meals a lot - were any of them so fantastically memorable that they make the weight gain worthwhile?? Nope! The only things I remember about meals is the often bloated feeling, not being able to move cos I've eaten that gorgeous dessert after a meal, stomach cramps from pigging out on sweets and junk all weekend... I do remember the amount of times in the last 6 months that I felt rubbish about myself, I remember the amount of times I've not gone out to see friends as the last time they saw me I was so much slimmer, I remember how horrible I've felt in clothes shops as I have choose clothes that hide me, etc. etc. etc.

What I'm trying to say is although it's hard, try to think of how you'll feel in an hours time if you eat something you know you shouldn't really. You'll remember the horrible feeling but you won't remember the 'nice' taste as that only lasts a few minutes.

Not sure if that all makes any sense - it does in my head lol!!

Good luck and keep going. Just think how fab you'll feel in a month's time if you keep going. And how crap you'll feel if you don't.

You can do it! xxx

Totally agree thanks for the boost , I am ok today lost another 2lb and am 2 lb off another stone but as a restarted 2kb off my first stone this time . And I managed to get a pair if 18 trousers on abd done up , tight and bulging a but but it goes to show its coming off . Xxxxx

Wow Midge, could have been me speaking (only I'm not quite so eloquent!) Everything you described has happened to me. The same thoughts, feelings and avoidances. For the last probably 23 years I have either been on a diet or had my life on hold to 'do things when I'm slim'. I dread to think wot the total of lbs I have lost over the years and then re-gained would add up to. This time I really hope I have the strength to make it the last time. Nothing feels worse than all the things you described and nothing feels better than the scales going backards and being able to wear clothes you didn't think you could. Thanks. XX

Great advice midge! Well done Marianne01. There are tough days but food really is a momentary experience whereas how you feel about yourself will stay with you.

Just make sure when you get to the goals you have set yourself, you enjoy it. In my experience, I hold on to the thought that I'm fat - even when after hitting the gym 6 times a week and getting to 7st13lb! (woo, how I dream of those days again!)

L xox

Hang in there!!
Im gutted I have just eaten a biscuit....ruined the plan for today im so annoyed with my self now....cos it will prob kick me out of ketosis!!!
I lost 9 1/2 lb on thurs...it was my first wee and I was hoping to have lost a total of 14lb next thurs!!
Trust me that seconds worth of nice taste is not worth the let down and disappointment I feel now :(
So hang on in there xxx

Don't beat yourself up mandymo - just stay focussed and start afresh. Don't use it as a reason to carry on down the slippery slope. You will feel so much better once you're back in control. Keep your chin up:)

Back