Step 1 Sole Source Struggling

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
Hi

I'm on day 5 now. But I'm struggling. I'm sure I went into ketosis very quickly by day too I had ketones. A few headaches which have now passed. I'm not hungry.

But I want food!! I'm not hungry but I want food! I really want something! I really feel like I'm gonna cave! Not even because I need it, but I'm just missing food! :(

It's odd I just want something to chew and eat! Will this pass??
Xxxx

The head hunger part is the harder battle, it usually takes around 2 weeks to get into the swing of abstinence. It's kind of like breaking a habit.... They say around two weeks of not doing something you did repeatedly will break the cycle..... Hang in there.
Use diversion tactics... To out for a walk, have a good soak I'm the bath... Go to bed early. Take up knitting. Call a friend.... It will pass, but for now it's about weathering the storm!

The head hunger part is the harder battle, it usually takes around 2 weeks to get into the swing of abstinence. It's kind of like breaking a habit.... They say around two weeks of not doing something you did repeatedly will break the cycle..... Hang in there.
Use diversion tactics... To out for a walk, have a good soak I'm the bath... Go to bed early. Take up knitting. Call a friend.... It will pass, but for now it's about weathering the storm!

Thanks!

I am really feeling it tonight! I'm at the point where I'm wondering how long I can actually do this for!

Everyone at work is currently eating (I'm on nights) and I so want some I'm being strong but it's very hard!! Xx

The curse of the night shift! Makes it a little more challenging, because we tend to use snacks to keep us going....

I would suggest a lemon bar cut up frozen and nibbled at throughout night shifts... In addition to your regular 3 packs a day...

The curse of the night shift! Makes it a little more challenging, because we tend to use snacks to keep us going....

I would suggest a lemon bar cut up frozen and nibbled at throughout night shifts... In addition to your regular 3 packs a day...

I'm only on week one can't have the bars yet! But I feel one would have fixed it! I am over if now though thank goodness! Xx

If it's a deal breaker you should have a bar! If you have more nights I thoroughly recommend giving your consultant a ring and asking for some lemon bars (they're actually allowed in week one) Being awake for prolonged periods is hard and takes more calories, so the extra pack shouldn't slow your losses. (however, you should also be prepared for slower weight loss on the weeks where you work nights as it also lends itself to water retention.... Sorry, to tell you this, but it's better to be prepared for a slow week... the good news is that you are rewarded doubly the following week when you are no longer have the extra water on board!)

If it's a deal breaker you should have a bar! If you have more nights I thoroughly recommend giving your consultant a ring and asking for some lemon bars (they're actually allowed in week one) Being awake for prolonged periods is hard and takes more calories, so the extra pack shouldn't slow your losses. (however, you should also be prepared for slower weight loss on the weeks where you work nights as it also lends itself to water retention.... Sorry, to tell you this, but it's better to be prepared for a slow week... the good news is that you are rewarded doubly the following week when you are no longer have the extra water on board!)

Oh is that right!? I see her Monday in deffo gonna ask for the bars! I think they'll deffo keep me same on nights! I need a sweet chewy fix!

I've kinda learnt I'm always slightly heavier during weeks I do nights - I had presumed it was due to over eating to keep going not water retention - any idea why that happens? Xx

Hi

I'm on day 5 now. But I'm struggling. I'm sure I went into ketosis very quickly by day too I had ketones. A few headaches which have now passed. I'm not hungry.

But I want food!! I'm not hungry but I want food! I really want something! I really feel like I'm gonna cave! Not even because I need it, but I'm just missing food! :(

It's odd I just want something to chew and eat! Will this pass??
Xxxx
hi, I am on day 2 and am struggling exactly the same... I don't really feel that hungry but I would do anything even just to eat something daft like cold beans! but I am determined to stick to it. I think I have lost around 3lb since I started yesterday so that is spurring me on. I also seem to be craving to cook and have just started to batch cook some chilli and lasagne to freeze for my wife! very strange!

how did you know you had ketones? sorry I am new to this type of diet.

hi, I am on day 2 and am struggling exactly the same... I don't really feel that hungry but I would do anything even just to eat something daft like cold beans! but I am determined to stick to it. I think I have lost around 3lb since I started yesterday so that is spurring me on. I also seem to be craving to cook and have just started to batch cook some chilli and lasagne to freeze for my wife! very strange!

how did you know you had ketones? sorry I am new to this type of diet.

Hi Richard!!
I'm new to this too :) good luck!!
I know I'm craving eggs! And chicken. But usually I don't like eggs lol!! It's mentally stressful but I've not given in. I'm facing food head on - I've just sat in a cafe with a friend whilst she ate for the second time this week and actually it wasn't that bad!!

I had been given ketostix by my CDC to test my urine for ketones. But I kinda new as had horrible smelly breath no hunger and headaches had passed.
I'm on day 5, day 4 was the worst for me mentally hungry but it's passed and feeling better now stick with it. My scales say -10lbs but who knows what will happen before Mondays wi!!

Xx

Hey all, everyone feels like this. I'm ok at the minute but I could always 'go food'. Makes me realise that I ate of habit and not because I was hungry x

Back