Struggling

Hopefully not Kay, will keep my fingers crossed for you!

I'm not all that confident about tonight's weigh in. Had a big night out on Friday and have been off work sick yesterday and today so not in my normal routine, so can't see a big loss coming on. As long as I don't gain I'll be happy!

Good luck! :fingerscrossed:

Hi everyone,
What do you do when your feeling like having a blow out? I have been good all day and had 7 syns but I have an incredible urge for something rediculously unhealthy. No idea why though. I've had a stressful week with hospital scans etc but can see that being the reason. Can't work it out but I don't want to let myself down. Any ideas??

Hi everyone,
What do you do when your feeling like having a blow out? I have been good all day and had 7 syns but I have an incredible urge for something rediculously unhealthy. No idea why though. I've had a stressful week with hospital scans etc but can see that being the reason. Can't work it out but I don't want to let myself down. Any ideas??

Have something to satisfy your cravings. Just make sure you subtract it from your syns on your other days so it doesnt take you off plan. You're better knowing the syn value, accounting for it, than just blowing it on a takeaway.

Also, try saying, ok I will treat myself after my tea. Make sure you have a lovely big sw tea and fill up on free foods. See how you feel then xxx

Although not as bad I thought, a 2 lb gain this week....

I think I was let off easy. Xx

Thankd chocko, 100% this week should see that gone xx

2.5lbs off for me. I'm genuinely shocked. I'll be ill every week if this can continue ;). 3lbs til my 1.5 stone award now :)

Have something to satisfy your cravings. Just make sure you subtract it from your syns on your other days so it doesnt take you off plan. You're better knowing the syn value, accounting for it, than just blowing it on a takeaway.

Also, try saying, ok I will treat myself after my tea. Make sure you have a lovely big sw tea and fill up on free foods. See how you feel then xxx

I did something similar to that last week. I was having a crappy day in work and really wanted a creme egg. So I bought one, but also bought a proper SW lunch to have first. I didn't end up eating the creme egg. In fact, that was Wednesday last week and I walked around with it in my bag for a week and only actually ate it yesterday!

Hi everyone,

I get this quite a lot! I can go the whole week maybe two 100% on plan but I find one day usually on weigh in day that I really want something naughty! So I just have it promising to be back on plan the next day! So far it hasn't hurt me too badly...so if you haven't already go and have your treat and just make sure you're 100% after hehe. Or you could wait till WI day and have one then so it's like a treat? Xx

2.5lbs off for me. I'm genuinely shocked. I'll be ill every week if this can continue ;). 3lbs til my 1.5 stone award now :)

That's great news - well done :)! Hope you are better now, or if not, wishing you a speedy recovery!

It always spurs us on when we can see our next target in sight!

Well done Wine&RugbyKindaGirl!

Sorry you gained Kay, as you said though not as bad as you thought and good week should get it off again :)

dipsy1512 I've been feeling like having a blow out all week! I'm fighting off my other half's cold so although I don't feel really ill I'm really tired and my glands are up so I just want fat and sugar! I guess my coping mechanisms are firstly reminding myself how rubbish I'll feel afterwards. I got through Tuesday and Wednesday because I knew I was going out for curry Wednesday night; it's a fortnightly event and I always save my syns the day before and the day after so that I can have it and stay on plan. I knew if I had a blow out before hand I wouldn't enjoy it because I wouldn't have enough syns to cover it, which would make an otherwise really fun evening where I'm usually in control to a bit of a miserable one really.

Distraction also works for me, and avoiding the crisps and biscuits cupboard! Yesterday I seemed to manage to get through by just staying really busy and then going and having a long hot bath once my son was in bed so I couldn't sit on the sofa and pick at things haha

Reminding myself of my goals is also a good one. We've booked a holiday to Spain in August, to a villa with our own private pool; this is a huge treat for us as we have a motorhome so we haven't actually been abroad to the sun for the last 10 years! I've bought a summer dress 2 sizes down that I'm determined to fit into by then, so I hung it on the outside of my wardrobe this week so I saw it every time I went into my bedroom. I also want to wear a swimsuit and not feel like I should be released back into the wild!

We'll see how today goes! I've got the SW BBQ Pulled Pork in the Slow Cooker for tea because I thought it might remind me that I can totally fill myself up with something amazingly delicious and stay on plan lol

HTH! :)

That's great news - well done :)! Hope you are better now, or if not, wishing you a speedy recovery!

It always spurs us on when we can see our next target in sight!

Not totally better but getting there ish. Stupid flu! My boyfriend had it last week so I'm blaming him haha.

Oh boy! I have just resisted every temptation possible...went to grans with mum, my grandmother is a feeder! Was offered a sandwhich, scones, cakes, biscuits, pudding, you name it she offered.
I politely passed and ignored all the goodies for 5 hours! Yes I was starving but it was worth it!! :D

Back