strugling on my second week

clare1209

hi all

im on my second week and i feel like im struggling mainly with feeling hungry all the time i can eat and a couple of hours later im hungry again its making me feel quite down at the moment.
last week i lost 5 1/2lbs and i really dont want to put any on.im eating a hifi bar in the morning and i made this sausage and bean casorole for lunch time and normally pasta at night i just dont feel satisfied, i also find that i am using all 10 syns for the day and then if im hungry i eat another hifi bar but carry its syns to the next day,maybe i need to be a bit more strict with myself..
does this hunger thing happen to everyone??? and how can i conqor it??
please help:cry:

Hi there hunny don't fret :)

Have to admit I never ever feel hungry!!!

Have a look through my food diary or anyone elses.

Do u post a food diary on here xx

hi leeanne
no i havent posted a food diary yet,its a good idea though i think i will start doing that,i have looked at others food diaires and they look really good im gonna carry on today and persever the hunger for now i have not drank water (not keen on it) i was told if you drink enough water it helps with hunger so im gonna try it today
thanks

If u r doing Extra easy you need to have your healthy extras each day - so 1 dairy and one fibre (bread, cereal etc) doesn't sound like you are eating enough! if u r hungry then snack on free foods ie apple, orange, strawberries etc. You can have upto 15 syns a day. You can get 2 Alpen Light bars as a Healthy extra B (rather than 1 hi fi bar :) )

Go and check peoples food diaries. The principal is that you eat until you feel satisfied (not stuffed LOL!) are u drinking plenty of water?

If you're feeling hungry all the time, are you sure you're eating enough at meal times? With this plan there is no reason to feel hungry as there are no restrictions on when you eat or how much (free food obviously) until you're satisfied.
I know it's said alot but a good breakfast really does set you up for the day too. Is a hi-fi bar enough?
As Leeanne910 says, have a look through food diaries to see what peeps are eating. You may find some inspiring foods and recipes. i know I did so started my own diary too.
At meal times you should eat until you are satisfied. If you are hungry again later, then eat. Your body is very good at knowing what it wants and if you are genuinely hungry then eat.
If you're not sure if you really are hungry, then drink a glass of water and leave it 10mins to see if you're still hungry. This is because hunger and thirst pangs are exactly the same but we condition ourselves to think it is hunger. If you are hungry (physically not emotionally) then eat.
If it's emotional, find things to distract yourself. Things to do with hands are great - painting your nails, knitting/sewing, have a long soak in the bath
or come on here as there are always peeps around to help.

HTH

CM x

thanks guys ive looked at other peoples diaries and it would appear im not eating enough,and the hifi bar for breakfast isnt enough so im gonna start to eat a proper breakfast, all ive been drinking is coke zero with lemon or lime juice in it im not a fan of water i do have tea now and again. also im trying to eat mainly superspeed foods so maybe thats why im hungry too. thanks feeling motivated again now

Glad you're feeling motivated again ! I totally overeating healthy extras, I love them. What I find helps is having a big free breakfast (omlette or big bowl of fruit and yog or both!) and then save my healthy extras for snacking on later in the day. This has helped me the past couple of days.

hi gobolino thats a good idea night time is when i get the most hungry im not too bad during the day,ususlly because i knit most of the day and then at night i just sit in front of the tv
think ill try that tommorrow

Hope it works for you! Knitting is a great way to stop the munchings, but hey if you've done that all day, you need a break come the evening! x

Back